Baltimore Horror Stories

mikem5

I continue to hear stories on how it takes 1-2 hours to get into the parking lot in Baltimore. Has this happened to anyone? Also, if so what time did you arrive at the port? I leave tomorrow and am trying to figure out what time to leave. Thank you.

We have done this 6 times and NEVER have waited to get into the parking lot!

HOWEVER, it doesn't open until 11 AM so yes, if you get there at 9:30 AM you will wait one and a half hours!

They didn't open up the parking lot until around 11:00 am when we went in April. We got there around 9:30 or so and it was a long wait. The attendants seemed like this was just the normal. They had a process to line everyone up in several lines and we all entered pretty much in order of arrival. If we went out of Baltimore again I think I would still arrive early and just bring things to keep busy in the car while we wait. I think that it only seemed so long because we kept expecting them to let us in 'any moment'. Also, inside the terminal, seating was kind of tight (at least in the FTTF rows).

I think it may depend on how you arrive.

We arrived by taxi at 10:45-ish and the driver drove around the people waiting in line. I was afraid we'd be sitting in that line paying the cab driver for just sitting.

We had FTTF so we were able to get in the building quickly. We ended up standing in the wrong line for a bit though until we figured out that the right side was the FTTF line.

I thought Baltimore was pretty smooth in comparison to other ports.

We've sailed out of Baltimore twice. We take the train to town and a taxi to the port so I don't know about parking ... But ... I can say that both times check-in was quick at that port and that customs when disembarking was much less "painful" than some other ports.

The beautiful sail down Chesapeake Bay would probably make Baltimore embarkation worth a bit of waiting.:)

Right now there is road work on 95 if some of you use it, other then that they don't let you into the parking area till around 11:00 they give the debarkation people time to get out of the lot. We have done this 8 times and only 1 time there was a delay till 3:00 because of weather and the Pride not getting back till 1:00. That was a mess. Other then that no problems. Embarkation time can be from 11:30 on.

Horror stories , people make there own

Edited by PA Dutchman

We arrived at 10am and waited an hour on line till they started to open. From that point it was about 20min. I imagine the line is longer/shorter depending on when you arrive. Still better than flying, imo. :) Enjoy your cruise.

Most cruise lines don't start embarkation until 11am. Why would you show up at ten?

It seems that most of the folks talking about the parking lot were taking the Carnival Pride..

Six years ago, we were getting married on the Grandeur of the Seas. The coordinator had us show up at 10am. The parking lot was open and not crowded at that time. (Check in did not begin until 1030 though.)

In three weeks, we are going on her again for our anniversary. The ship leaves at 3pm; which is awfully early. Our cruise docs indicate check in will BEGIN at 1000. I sure hope so, or it's going to be a mad house!

Aloha,

John

I recommend staying at a park and cruise hotel. We live an hour from Baltimore but always come in the night before. Walk around the inner harbor, our son swims, get a good nights rest, continental breakfast and shuttle to pier ALL for the price of parking at the pier if not cheaper sometimes. Love making our vacation start sooner!

Here's a weird question....are restrooms available while we wait to get into the parking lot? Anyone see port o potties or can you get in to the terminal to use them? Just checking if the wait is indeed that long....

Here's a weird question....are restrooms available while we wait to get into the parking lot? Anyone see port o potties or can you get in to the terminal to use them? Just checking if the wait is indeed that long....

I don't remember seeing any porta-potties outside and inside the restrooms were after security. Maybe there were more somewhere that I didn't notice.

:)

Last time I used Baltimore Terminal parking I was advised to take correct cash. Thete were two booths one for cash one for credit. Went right by the credit line , paid cash, parked and walked into the terminal. Was a very long line for credit card around 12:00. Not even a one car line for cash. Just a hint for everyone driving.