NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Let's talk about our favorite Cruise Actitivity - my ritual is I always like to join in during sail away when the activities staff gather everyone for line dancing...

Then I love joining in whenever Line Dancing is scheduled on the activities lineup.

What do you like to do? what's your favorite cruise activity? Of course I love to EAT too........ & drink foo foo drinks.

Carol

Hi Carol...the first thing I do when we board is go grab a quick bite to eat at the buffet...then meet all my friends around the pool for sail away with my first foo foo drink of the cruise.

Char

Edited by roudy1

Hi Carol...the first thing I do when we board is go grab a quick bite to eat at the buffet...then meet all my friends around the pool for sail away with my first foo foo drink of the cruise.

Char

Do you usually buy the drink that they parade around with? or you have your own favorite 'flavor' ? I always order my usual lava flow - 1/2 strawberry colada and 1/2 pina colada -

then dance somemore!! carol

Do you usually buy the drink that they parade around with? or you have your own favorite 'flavor' ? I always order my usual lava flow - 1/2 strawberry colada and 1/2 pina colada -

then dance somemore!! carol

I usually get the drink of the day unless it is something too sweet or I might not like...then I order another foo foo drink...has to be a foo foo doesn't matter what kind. :D

Char

Since I actually was driven backwards down Lombard Street in the 70s by my sober BIL when I was in my 20s I have special memories of SF. Northern Ca a wonderful place to visit. Love all of Ca I have seen actually though.

I like being one of the first on the ship. Then go the WJ. Walk around and head to the cabin at 1pm to drop off the carry on. Usually have had Roll Call Meets set up at 3pm on most cruises...Muster Drill and of course love the sail away!!

The best Muster Drill was on the Radiance last fall when our Muster Station was the Schooner Bar. So we had a Meet & Greet there at 3 pm and there were about 8 of us who never had to leave and continued to enjoy our drinks during the drill.

I like the Berry Lava Flows. I also like the Miami Vice half Pina Colada and Strawberry Daq. I never get them pre-made. The thicker the better. Yum.

Laura

Char

Hello - I don't have many cruises unde my belt. Hopefully in the next couple of years, I can get more what do you like to do's and favorite things to do answers.

For now, I like to get onboard early and hit the buffet. Once I've stuffed myself I waddle around and find the perfect spot by the pool for Sail Away.:D

Chris

Since I actually was driven backwards down Lombard Street in the 70s by my sober BIL when I was in my 20s I have special memories of SF. Northern Ca a wonderful place to visit. Love all of Ca I have seen actually though.

I like being one of the first on the ship. Then go the WJ. Walk around and head to the cabin at 1pm to drop off the carry on. Usually have had Roll Call Meets set up at 3pm on most cruises...Muster Drill and of course love the sail away!!

The best Muster Drill was on the Radiance last fall when our Muster Station was the Schooner Bar. So we had a Meet & Greet there at 3 pm and there were about 8 of us who never had to leave and continued to enjoy our drinks during the drill.

I like the Berry Lava Flows. I also like the Miami Vice half Pina Colada and Strawberry Daq. I never get them pre-made. The thicker the better. Yum.

Laura

I will have to try the Miami Vice - I've always just had the colada's - but as long as it's a pina and strawberry, won't matter if one is a daq.

That's another ritual I like, to buy the drink as soon as we finish lunch, settle into the stateroom, then go for the foo-foo drink. I used to like to drink while sailing away, but I found it hard to drink while looking over the railing.

carol

Hello - I don't have many cruises unde my belt. Hopefully in the next couple of years, I can get more what do you like to do's and favorite things to do answers.

For now, I like to get onboard early and hit the buffet. Once I've stuffed myself I waddle around and find the perfect spot by the pool for Sail Away.:D

Chris

so you say you are "sailing in the pool" by sailaway? carol

I usually get the drink of the day unless it is something too sweet or I might not like...then I order another foo foo drink...has to be a foo foo doesn't matter what kind. :D

Char

Mine must also have a cherry - and I also take Narce's too - then he'll try to give me all the other "fruits" in his drink but I just want the cherry. Carol

We like to stop at the buffet first thing because we usually have had an early breakfast and need something by the time we board...carries us over to dinner. =)

I like the cherry on the foo foos too and would take Jim's too but he usually has beer at sail away. :(

Char

Hello all! And, I love the idea of just a Northern Cali thread, Carol!!! Of course, I'm partial, lololol!

First thing I do when getting onboard is do what Char does, go have a bite to eat at the buffet until our cabin is ready. Then we go and meet our group where ever that might be. Depends on where our cabin is as to where we go for sail-a-way. Our last Mariner we were center hump starboard so we could wave to all ashore from our balcony. This time we'll be in the aft starboard corner cabin with a large balcony, so we might have everyone join us there, we'll see!

Hello all! And, I love the idea of just a Northern Cali thread, Carol!!! Of course, I'm partial, lololol!

First thing I do when getting onboard is do what Char does, go have a bite to eat at the buffet until our cabin is ready. Then we go and meet our group where ever that might be. Depends on where our cabin is as to where we go for sail-a-way. Our last Mariner we were center hump starboard so we could wave to all ashore from our balcony. This time we'll be in the aft starboard corner cabin with a large balcony, so we might have everyone join us there, we'll see!

Sounds like a plan to me!! yes, I hope more of our Northern-Cal Cruise pals will join us here. Thanx Glenda - I always love your postings........carol

#1 - As I walk on board a big smile appears on my face.

#2 - If room is ready, drop off any carry-on.

#3 - Head for the buffet.

#4 - Find a good spot outside for sailaway (depends on when muster drill is).

#5 - Purchase an adult beverage to enjoy during sailaway.

:):):)

Hi Carol:

We usually board and go directly to the windjammer for lunch and then to our room after 1 p.m. to drop off our carryons. Then we usually go to the top deck for sailaway with our foo foo drink in hand. This changed somewhat on our last cruise..we missed sailaway because we were on the Oasis and we were busy exploring the neighborhoods on this most fabulous and amazing ship that we have ever set sail on.

ingrid

#1 - As I walk on board a big smile appears on my face.

#2 - If room is ready, drop off any carry-on.

#3 - Head for the buffet.

#4 - Find a good spot outside for sailaway (depends on when muster drill is).

#5 - Purchase an adult beverage to enjoy during sailaway.

:):):)

when you mentioned SMILE on your 1st item, I also have to admit that I have one of those too ! for one thing, cuz I am excited to be on a cruise - and for another reason--- to have my entrance pic taken! which is the only Must Have Pic I buy for sure these days - others are so/so..but the entry one is a MUST...

The I continue the smile as I enter the ship itself and say to me and hubby -

"Yay!! we are home"....... carol

Hi Glenda and Nancy...happy that you found us and welcome. =)

Looks like you both have your priorities set right. ;) Especially the adult beverage...and a good spot for sail away...I LOVE sail away. :D

Way down here in Fresno we are the most southern part of Nor Cal...but we definately are listed as northern California...my happy day. =)

Char

Fresno would still be UP North in my book-- I know we have more cruisers in this area..

We usually meet them on cruises too!

We like all kinds of things about cruises but I also have to tell you what I HATE and that's the Muster - I know, I know, it's very important but I hate standing there in the hot sun with those dirty orange life jackets... Now they are not required to be worn - that's what I hear...

and also, I just love having Muster indoors...

carol

The muster drill on our recent Oasis cruise was very easy. We were not required to wear life jackets and we just had to go to either a theater or dining room inside and listen to 5 minutes of information on big screen TV's..very smooth and comfortable.

ingrid

The muster drill on our recent Oasis cruise was very easy. We were not required to wear life jackets and we just had to go to either a theater or dining room inside and listen to 5 minutes of information on big screen TV's..very smooth and comfortable.

ingrid

ingrid:

Missed you! hope you and Clarence are fine! - the Oasis huh? wow! have heard nothing but positive things about that huge ship - please visit with us here often - the old Gang misses you...

carol

Hi Carol:

We usually board and go directly to the windjammer for lunch and then to our room after 1 p.m. to drop off our carryons. Then we usually go to the top deck for sailaway with our foo foo drink in hand. This changed somewhat on our last cruise..we missed sailaway because we were on the Oasis and we were busy exploring the neighborhoods on this most fabulous and amazing ship that we have ever set sail on.

ingrid

i missed your first post Ingrid - but caught the 2nd one! I am so excited to be in touch with you again. We are going to Ak in May - our first Celebrity - the Infinity - Manuel and Susana are coming with us as with 2 other friends. M & S enjoyed their first cruise on the Explorer last Nov 07 (with you) that they came with us last Feb 09 on the Mariner's Inaugural in LA... and then with us to AK.

Hugs to Clarence - glad you were able to enjoy the Oasis.

Carol

Hello Fellow Cruising Friends!

I don't know that we have a ritual but do like being one of the first on-board and of course have to eat at the WJ for lunch. We cannot wait until the cabins are available at 1 PM.

Happy weekend Carol & Char!

Hello Fellow Cruising Friends!

I don't know that we have a ritual but do like being one of the first on-board and of course have to eat at the WJ for lunch. We cannot wait until the cabins are available at 1 PM.

Happy weekend Carol & Char!

Janice...so happy that you found us here...a Nor Cal thread just would seem right without your smiling face.

Char