Water Shoes in Cozumel???

cruznkate

Do I really need water shoes for the kiddos for the beach in Cozumel? I've only read two reviews that mention this but I'm sailing in 9 days so I'm making my shopping lists. I have 3 boys (10, 8, and 6) and they all REALLY hate those shoes. I'd hate to buy them if we don't need them. Of course, if the rocks really are that bad, it shouldn't be that hard to convince the boys to wear them. Opinions, please. TIA!

-Katey

It's the beach that the Fury Catamaran brings you to on the Deluxe Sail, Snorkel, and Beach Party excursion. Sorry I don't know the name...I hope that helps.

I found your excursion - in that case, the beach they are taking you too will not be that rocky. The kids will be fine without the shoes.

Enjoy :)

We went to Nachi Cocum, the beach was not rocky by any means but man alive the stuff in the sand in the water was painful...!!!!! It was everywhere. I don't know what to call it, parts of a reef. But it was hard as rock and really hurt. I would absolutly bring shoes if I were going again!!!

We went to Nachi Cocum, the beach was not rocky by any means but man alive the stuff in the sand in the water was painful...!!!!! It was everywhere. I don't know what to call it, parts of a reef. But it was hard as rock and really hurt. I would absolutly bring shoes if I were going again!!!
Ummm, coral, maybe.

The beach that Fury goes to is sandy, not rocky. There were some conch shells in the water the last time I was there, other then that, not much in the water to worry about. If you do have water shoes it's always a good idea to wear them in the water. Lionfish are becoming more of a problem near Cozumel, usually found near the reefs, but you never know when one might make it's way towards shore. Stepping on one of them will ruin your day.

Archived