Renting bicycles in Central Park

casandbliz

Bike and Roll are the largest operator and the only company sanctioned by the Parks Department to set up in the park. They have three locations in the park 2 at Columbus Circle and 1 at Tavern on the Green, in the parking lot. There are lots of other shifty vendors out there, Bike and Roll are reputable and will help you out if you have any issues with the bike.

Word of warning from someone who works in the park:

Even though you are in a park be aware at all times. The bike lanes in the park are very crowded with people of varying levels of biking experience. The park is NOT flat and I can't tell you how many times I've had to call an ambulance for a tourist who crashed because they were going too fast or panicked and used the front brake too hard and they went over the handle bars. (I have seen a lot of ruined vacations due to bikes in my many years working in the park) Please don't try to take photos/video while on the bike you might cause a collision with another rider. Also be prepared for kids, dogs, people not paying attention to cross right in front of you at all times.

Bike and Roll are the largest operator and the only company sanctioned by the Parks Department to set up in the park. They have three locations in the park 2 at Columbus Circle and 1 at Tavern on the Green, in the parking lot. There are lots of other shifty vendors out there, Bike and Roll are reputable and will help you out if you have any issues with the bike.

Even though you are in a park be aware at all times. The bike lanes in the park are very crowded with people of varying levels of biking experience. The park is NOT flat and I can't tell you how many times I've had to call an ambulance for a tourist who crashed because they were going too fast or panicked and used the front brake too hard and they went over the handle bars. (I have seen a lot of ruined vacations due to bikes in my many years working in the park) Please don't try to take photos/video while on the bike you might cause a collision with another rider. Also be prepared for kids, dogs, people not paying attention to cross right in front of you at all times.

Bono from U2 would probably agree. He had a accident on his bike in NYC and was in a bad way for a while.

Thank you! After posting my question, and doing research, I was pretty sure we would use Bike and Roll. Their website was very thorough. You have sealed the deal for me with them!!