Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
- Read thousands of Celebrity Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Celebrity Cruise Deals
- Write a Celebrity Cruise Review
- Find Your Celebrity Roll Call
See posts about:
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Xpedition

Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Silhouette

Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Solstice

Old June 17th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Price of Xpedition to Galapogos

HI - Anyone book this trip. Looks great. The brochure you can download doesn't give prices. I'm wondering if anyone knows just how much Celebrity charges? Anyone book it online? Thanks.

Sandy/Long Island NY

Old June 18th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Sandy,

I've booked this cruise for April 2005. The cruise itself starts around $2000/person. Most TA and websites are selling the 10 or 11 day packages that include 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 or 2 nights post cruise in Quito and airfare to/from Quito/Balta. This package starts around $3000/person. Prices will vary depending on the time of year and the type of cabin you'd like. Airfare to Quito is not included in this price. You will need at least one night pre-cruise in either Quito or Guayaquil as flights to the Galapagos are early morning.

Anyone who sells Celebrity well most likely sell this cruise. There are lots of websites out there that show the price for the different times of the year and will show you the yacht's layout. You can also call Celebrity directly for a price quote. If you want to look at other yachts that sail the Galapagos, do a search for Galapagos Tour Operators. There are many out there.

Old June 18th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thank you very much.

Sandy/Long Island NY

Old July 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Excursions Included?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsc
Hi Sandy,

I've booked this cruise for April 2005. The cruise itself starts around $2000/person. Most TA and websites are selling the 10 or 11 day packages that include 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 or 2 nights post cruise in Quito and airfare to/from Quito/Balta. This package starts around $3000/person. Prices will vary depending on the time of year and the type of cabin you'd like. Airfare to Quito is not included in this price. You will need at least one night pre-cruise in either Quito or Guayaquil as flights to the Galapagos are early morning.

Anyone who sells Celebrity well most likely sell this cruise. There are lots of websites out there that show the price for the different times of the year and will show you the yacht's layout. You can also call Celebrity directly for a price quote. If you want to look at other yachts that sail the Galapagos, do a search for Galapagos Tour Operators. There are many out there.
Hi kcsc! Haven't received the brochure yet. Are all shore excursions included in the price? If you book the packages through Celebrity (but not air to Quito but yes hotel), will Celebrity provide all of the air/land transfers and coordination?

Thanks, Richard

Old July 7th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

SandyR5 & XFed2001,

I called Celebrity a few months back and got some pricing for the 11 day trip in November, 11/19 - 11/30. The following is on 3 different cabin categories, with air. The air is out of LosAngeles. This includes the excursions, if I remember right. The trip is kind of all inclusive, at least it was when I called.

XS - $4959.00 pp

XP - $4419.00 pp

XD - $4319.00 pp

Bill

---------
"There cannot be good living where there is not good drinking" Benjamin Franklin

---------

My personal Vacation Pix

Last edited by wv4891; July 7th, 2004 at 08:01 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cost

I just paid for my July 9 - 10 day trip for our family of 4, two staterooms - one XS ($3860 per person) and one XDS ($3203 per person) for a total of $14,126 without air. We were quoted an additional $680 coach and $1,850 business per person for air from Miami. We booked our own non-stop on LAN Ecuador for $1,310 business. The coach fare on Lan was about $475. Basically this trip costs at least $4,000 per person.

Old July 7th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

For our 6/11 trip, we paid $3700pp for the 10 night package, including all airfare, tax, everything. We booked directly through Celebrity.

Old July 8th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

We booked through Celebrity and took the extra days in Quito. I think it was well worth it and there is a certain sense of security knowing that they are looking after every detail. Its certainly worth the extra money.

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cruise quick.com

We booked through cruise quick for the 10 day in January. It was $3000 per per person with the quito pre and post package. Cannot wait.

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default cabin

That was for an XD

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Merriem,

With Air? And from what gateway airport??

Bill

---------
"There cannot be good living where there is not good drinking" Benjamin Franklin

---------

My personal Vacation Pix

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Here is the deal

We are leaving on the Infinity on Jan 3rd going from Ft Lauderdale to Valpariso. We love Celebrity, and South America. We had thought about going around the Horn again, but that ship is sold out, and then the Galapagos came up. (We've done the SA trip to BA twice, and love it)

What cruise quick did was get our air from Minneapolis to Ft Lauderdale and Quito to Minneapolis. We are going to stay in Santiago a few days, and then fly up to Quito on our own.

The Celebrity air was about $700 which I thought was really good.

The $3000 included the air to the Galapagos and back and the 2 days post in quito and 1 day post. I thought it was a good price. It was $1000 less than Celebrity wanted, as there were only 3 cabins left.

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thanks, indeed a great price!!!

Bill

---------

---------

My personal Vacation Pix

Old July 8th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Smile Thanks

Wow! I asked and I received great information from you all. Thanks so much. I'm glad the online agencies book this trip also. I wasn't sure of it. Thanks again.

Old July 9th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wv4891
SandyR5 & XFed2001,

I called Celebrity a few months back and got some pricing for the 11 day trip in November, 11/19 - 11/30. The following is on 3 different cabin categories, with air. The air is out of LosAngeles. This includes the excursions, if I remember right. The trip is kind of all inclusive, at least it was when I called.

XS - $4959.00 pp

XP - $4419.00 pp

XD - $4319.00 pp

Bill
Bill: Thanks for the info. Richard

Old July 9th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Just Booked Xpedition - 11/7

Just booked 11/7 package through Celebrity. From Phoenix the prices were quoted as follows:

Oceanview - $3,757
Deluxe Oceanview - $3,957
Premium Oceanview- $4,057

Everything is included in the package price. Cruise, transfers, 2 nights pre cruise at Marriott Quito, Quito City Tour, Airfare Phoenix to Quito and Quito to Baltra, Galapagos Islands tours with naturalists, all food and beverages including non-premium alcohol. The fare is completely refundable within 70 days of cruise date. I was advised that we may also change the date if need be. Having booked other cruises and then coordinate the airfare, transfers, etc., it was a breath of fresh air to have Celebrity say "let us do the work for you!" I checked the prices for airfare & hotel prior to booking, and I realized that I could not have coordinated this myself for less $$.

I was also impressed by the way Celebrity's travel person handled my reservation. Very efficient, friendly, knowledgeable, courteous... I cannot give enough kudos. So far -- very impressed with Celebrity.

We are really looking forward to this trip.

Ingrid

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM
5,000+ Club

Ingrid295,

Sounds like you booked a nice pkg. Remember your tips for crew and the naturalists is all incl. as well!

Merriem,
Any chance that you'll be hooking up to the 1/14/05 Xpedition? Couldn't quite tell from your Infinity sailing first when you'll actually be doing the Galapagos. We're on the 1/14. Can't wait!

Old July 29th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Thank you

Hi - Thanks for posting the prices you paid for the trip. I'd really be curious to see how the prices differ for the different times of the year. I have no idea when the "best" or "better" times are to travel to the Galapagos. We are definitely going to do this trip next year. We are already booked for Summit in February/March...and 3 other non-cruise trips before that. While onboard the Summit we'll speak to the person in charge of future cruises and get the different prices. Again, thanks for giving me an idea of the pricing.

Old July 29th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hi Barb

We will still be sailing down from Ft Lauderdale on the Infinity. On the 20th we fly to Quito after three days in Santiago, and then our 10 day package starts on the 21st. Sorry we will miss you by a week. This trip seems like a real winner. Bet the prices will not be this low next year. Have a great time.

Old July 29th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Difference in Prices

The week you travel definitely makes a difference in the price you pay. When I was in the process of booking our trip, the price quoted for the week between Xmas and New Years was $2,000 per person higher than the price quoted for the week of Thanksgiving (which is the week we ended up going). I would bet that other non-holiday weeks are even less expensive.

1990 Sheraton "Anni" - Nile Cruise
1994 Royal Olympic "Triton" - Greek Isles
1998 Windjammer "Fantome" - Honduras Bay Islands
1999 Windjammer "Polynesia" - Grenadines
2000 Radisson Seven Seas "Paul Gauguin" - Tahiti
2001 Windjammer "Legacy" - ABC Islands
2002 "Dawn" Princess - Alaska
2003 Carnival "Fascination" - Bahamas
2008 Royal Caribbean "Majesty of the Seas" - Bahamas
2008 Royal Caribbean "Sovereign of the Seas" - Bahamas
2007 Norwegian Cruise Lines "Pride of Aloha" - Hawaiian Islands
2007 Royal Caribbean "Sovereign of the Seas" - Bahamas
2004 Celebrity "Xpedition" - Galapagos Islands
2003 Carnival "Fascination" - Bahamas
2002 "Dawn" Princess - Alaska
2001 Windjammer "Legacy" - ABC Islands
2000 Radisson Seven Seas "Paul Gauguin" - Tahiti
1999 Windjammer "Polynesia" - Grenadines
1998 Windjammer "Fantome" - Honduras Bay Islands
1994 Royal Olympic "Triton" - Greek Isles
1990 Sheraton "Anni" - Nile Cruise

Last edited by Mahini; July 29th, 2004 at 11:01 PM.