Minor alterations

scrat

Could anyone tell me if the Formalities Shop can do minor alterations on board. I may need to have a pair of pants hemmed. We are sailing on the Miracle in a week and may not have time before hand.

thanks

scrat

To the best of my memory the Formalities shop is more like a clothing rental chain with a candy counter than a fine clothier that offers tailoring to better fit clothing.

Better to have the pants hemmed land side by a same day tailor/seamstress. You will pay more than your normal dry cleaners would charge but it's better to have it done before boarding than risk not having it being able at all to be done. Perhaps the store you purchased them at will allow a rush job for a premium. If the person that needs them altered can not make it to the tailor shop or store for a fitting just bring a pair of their pants that are already a comfortable length for the tailor/seamstress to measure the inseam.

Could anyone tell me if the Formalities Shop can do minor alterations on board. I may need to have a pair of pants hemmed. We are sailing on the Miracle in a week and may not have time before hand.

thanks

scrat

It's a shop. So, no.

Archived