Terra Moana looks intriguing, but I need more info!

I just had an email from PG about the new Tere Moana, and all the itineraries starting Dec 2012. It looks very intriguing, but I can't seem to find deck plans or cabin info. Has any one seen this yet?

We don't take our first PG cruise till Oct 2012, so I m not sure we can take advantage of past pax pricing specials before Sept 2012. I'd like to sail PG first to be sure it suits us before committing to another. We usually take a cruise vacation in Dec, and that St Martin to St Martin itinerary with St Kitts and several BVI's, looks very appealing. But I want to get a look at Moana...any photos out there?

Sorry about the misspelling in the title!

Family,

I think their first cruise is Dec 29th. I was so hoping they would have a christmas cruise but its not on the schedule.

I Havent received any new email does it have a lot of details?

Miriam

Familygoboston -

The new (to Paul Gauguin Cruises) ship is presently "Le Levant", which was part of the French firm Compagnie du Ponant. You can Google "Le Levant" and get a general idea of what it looks like and some specs about the ship - although we have no idea yet as to what refurbishments PGC will do to her before she is rechristened "Tere Moana".

I got that email, too. Since my last two cruises have been on SeaDream, Tere Moana's prices actually look pretty good to me! The Mediterranean cruises are a few hundred less than SeaDream's European cruises for 2013 and the one 7 day Caribbean cruise, which runs on several dates in the winter of 2013, is priced significantly cheaper than most of SeaDream's 7 day Caribbean cruises.

I have already pre-booked my next SeaDream cruise which entitles me to a 15% discount, or I would be seriously thinking about "jumping ship" and trying Tere Moana. Looks to me like PG is trying to steal some of SeaDream's regulars with similar itineraries in the same areas and believe me, it's tempting.

Of course, I'm also dying to try PG in French Polynesia... I'll probably do that before I try Tere Moana.

Family,

I think their first cruise is Dec 29th. I was so hoping they would have a christmas cruise but its not on the schedule.

I Havent received any new email does it have a lot of details?

Miriam

Miriam, since I have your email I will forward it to you...it's a flyer but none of it is "linked" to further explore the itineraries or ship.

Familygoboston -

The new (to Paul Gauguin Cruises) ship is presently "Le Levant", which was part of the French firm Compagnie du Ponant. You can Google "Le Levant" and get a general idea of what it looks like and some specs about the ship - although we have no idea yet as to what refurbishments PGC will do to her before she is rechristened "Tere Moana".

Thanks! I suppose it will be drydocked and updated, but basically I can get an idea of the ship (it's a yacht, really)

As far as cost...it seems to be priced about the same as any other high end AI cruiseline.

I have two things I need to really think about before pulling the trigger...I usually enjoy a balcony cabin and these smaller yatchs rarely have them, and we are not big drinkers, and I usually avoid AI's because I am simply pre paying for something I won't use. I also am wondering if it has the same casual (no dressing up) vibe that PG has. We dress up for plenty of things, I feel no need to do so on my cruises.

I just had an email from PG about the new Tere Moana, and all the itineraries starting Dec 2012. It looks very intriguing, but I can't seem to find deck plans or cabin info. Has any one seen this yet?

We don't take our first PG cruise till Oct 2012, so I m not sure we can take advantage of past pax pricing specials before Sept 2012. I'd like to sail PG first to be sure it suits us before committing to another. We usually take a cruise vacation in Dec, and that St Martin to St Martin itinerary with St Kitts and several BVI's, looks very appealing. But I want to get a look at Moana...any photos out there?

Sorry about the misspelling in the title!

Hello,

Thanks for inquiring about the m/v Tere Moana. Here is a link to the deck plan. We will also have additional details on the web next week.

http://www.pgcruises.com/sites/default/files/media/pdf/TereMoana_deckplan.pdf

Paul Gauguin Cruises

We sailed on Le Levant through the Panama Canal and around Costa Rica a few years ago and found the ship to be very comfortable. I agree that a balcony is nice, but we really weren't on the ship that much and on that trip there were no sea days. We really liked sailing with only 90 passengers.

Below is a link to a photo and information about the ship when it was Le Levant. Tauck, a U.S. tour company, occasionally "sublets" all or some of the staterooms on the ships owned by the French company.

http://www.tauck.com/ships/Le-Levant.aspx

Hello,

Thanks for inquiring about the m/v Tere Moana. Here is a link to the deck plan. We will also have additional details on the web next week.

http://www.pgcruises.com/sites/default/files/media/pdf/TereMoana_deckplan.pdf

Paul Gauguin Cruises

Thank You! I'm excited for your new venture! I like that you've named all the common areas similarly to PG...it will feel like coming home for your frequent cruisers!

Cannot wait to go on this new hsip. Like some of the itineraries as well. The only problem is I will have to forego a PG trip to go on this and I dont really want to do that!

It will only be like 'home' if Efren is at the piano bar!!

Am seriously thinking of cancelling my other Christmas trip and going on this one.

Since the ship is so small I will forego the balcony. At 90 pasengers its a small walk to the top deck. Love the ports and I hope it will dock at Marigot instead of Phillipsburg.

This is a great size hope they will do unusual ports as they go along. It is the size of the Celebrity Expedition that travels Galapagos, everyone gets to know everyone and it is steps to the outdoors. What a great way to travel.

I think the Xpedition though perfect for Galapagos ( really enjoyed my trip there) is a much smaller ( 2399 tons vs 3500 tons) though it accommodates 96 passengers compared to 90 passengers on the TM. I think Terre Moana is a very luxury yacht style ship while the Xpedition was very comfortable but not luxurious. I enjoyed my first Caiparinha on board the X and its still a favourite drink of mine!

I really hope that they bring some of the PG crew over - that will be the icing on the cake for me.

Booked a cruise on the Tere Moana earlier this week - F.W.I. to Costa Rica. I don't have any more info than what has been discussed here, just based my decision upon my 2011 PG experience and itinerary, of course.

Unlike my traveling companions, this will only be my third cruise. RC Alaska inside passage; PG French Polynesia; Tere Moana. The ships keep getting smaller so perhaps I'll end up where I began - Narraganset Bay in a 13 ft. sailboat!

Hi Kuikahi,

we can take this journey together because I am 90% sure I will be on Terre Moana for the first cruise. Cancelling another cruise to make it happen.

Since I will be on before you then maybe shall be able to give you all the information on it!

Miriam

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Newonboard,

It came in an email. If you give me your email I will send it to you.

Actually I got it from Chuck and Familygoboston.

Miriam

Emdee,

Would appreciate the detail for TM itineraries. Thanks!

pbwadeatsbcglobaldotnet

Archived