Choice Air Schedule change

dgbhwb

We booked a flight on Choice Air from Las Vegas to Amsterdam on April 30 to arrive on May 1 for our cruise leaving May 3.

I was checking our reservations and British Airways changed our departure date to April 29, but did not change our connecting flight from Gatwick to Amsterdam from May 1 to April 30. We weren't scheduled to leave Gatwick until May 1. We would have had a 24 hour layover in Gatwick. It took me 4 calls to Choice Air to change the connecting flight to Amsterdam to April 30 and match the changed flight schedule without a hefty change fee. Choice Air was asking anywhere from $200-400 per person to change the reservation.

As you approach your departure day, please double check your itinerary.

We booked Choice Air and had problems with BA changing flights as well. We just phoned BA and they fixed it quickly. The new/changed connecting flight had a shortened layover that we didn't like. CA also shows your booking # on the invoice so we could go to the website and change our seats. It seems that the farther out you book your air, the more changes you get so totally agree the regularly monitor your flights no matter who you book with:)

We booked a flight on Choice Air from Las Vegas to Amsterdam on April 30 to arrive on May 1 for our cruise leaving May 3.

I was checking our reservations and British Airways changed our departure date to April 29, but did not change our connecting flight from Gatwick to Amsterdam from May 1 to April 30. We weren't scheduled to leave Gatwick until May 1. We would have had a 24 hour layover in Gatwick. It took me 4 calls to Choice Air to change the connecting flight to Amsterdam to April 30 and match the changed flight schedule without a hefty change fee. Choice Air was asking anywhere from $200-400 per person to change the reservation.

Sorry, but some one was giving you misinformation. Since it was an involuntary schedule change initiated by the airline, the airline must change/correct your flight schedule at no extra charge to you.

Always monitor your flight schedule as time goes by...There are more often changes than not.

If there are MATERIAL changes, they must change your tickets without charge if the change causes a missed connection, an impossible connection, a substantially different departure or arrival, etc. They DON'T have to change the ticket without fee if the changes are immaterial say, for example, your 10:05 am arrival is now scheduled for 10:12 am...or your 1:53 time for change of planes is now 1:45...They would consider either length sufficient...But, if they shortened that 1:53 to 22 minutes, they can't charge YOU to change it to a flight you can actually connect to

Are you positive that the change was initiated by BA or is it possible that Choice Air simply changed your reservation?

Edited by waterbug123

The airlines are constantly adjusting things. Recently we laft a cruise in New Orleans. Had a 1pm flight to Atlanta and then a 5pm departure for home. Made reservation thru CA. Delta changed our flight home to a noon flight! A bit hard to make as we did not leave New Orleans till 1pm! Called CA and the had it fixed in a jiffy.

I second the comments to watch your flights no matter how you made reservation. On these two flights - made about 1 year ahead - we had some 8 or 9 changes. All but one a minor change of 5 or 10 minutes, but with EVERY CHANGE we could have cancelled or made other changes at no cost to us!

The airlines are constantly adjusting things.

Yes, they are. But the OP's flight was changed to an entirely different day, so unless the airline in question is no longer offering daily service on that route, something else is likely at play here. I have to wonder if they flight the OP originally booked IS still operating, and perhaps CA has made the change because it better suits THEM.

OP- In doing a little checking it also appears that BA does not offer service period between LAS and GTW (not on April 30 or any other day) so I'm guessing you have a code share flight, operating by another carrier?

Edited by waterbug123