Best Western Plus

Mary1951

The post was moved from the main RC board over here..

That said, not a fan of BWs anyplace, but I have not stayed at this one, so I have no info..

The reviews are either really good, or pretty bad.....and I am not sure if there is anything within walking distance.....

Edited by megr1125

Hi all ,I am thinkng about booking the Best Western Plus in Fort Lauderdale. Has anyone stayed there and can you give me your opinions

please ? Thank you all .

Which one? :o There is one on the beach and at least one other nearer the airport. Address please?

Have you checked it out on tripadvisor too?

Which one? :o There is one on the beach and at least one other nearer the airport. Address please?

Have you checked it out on tripadvisor too?

One at the beach, one on S.R. 84, and another which is really in Dania Beach but called BWP Fort Lauderdale Airport South. :eek:

Edited by royalcruz

I stayed at this hotel end of April (pre-cruise) and regretted it. The musty, disgusting smell that hits you when you open the room was so overwhelming, it is hard to breath. When i talked to Front Desk, their solution was to hand me over a can of Febreeze! Since i had arrived late evening and was tired from a long flight with kids, i didn't change hotels. They would not let me change rooms, and not sure if all the rooms were this bad.

Also, the AC unit is so loud, its very hard to sleep through that on top of the smell. The carpets were so worn out and discolored, i had my kids not walk on it bare foot. The bathroom was not bad and beds were quite good. The breakfast was okay too. The internet crashed so many times and stopped working in the morning (around 7am). Front desk said it would be re-booted after 9am. Anyway it wasn't working and the front desk rep gave me his personal password so that i could access the net before heading to the cruise port.

Post-cruise i stayed at the Hyatt Place, Convention Center, which was so nice.i liked their customer service, internet, breakfast, and rooms were large and fresh smelling. The Ac unit was quiet, we all slept so well. Not much price difference between the two hotel brands, but the difference was day and night in terms of actual value for money.

One at the beach, one on S.R. 84, and another which is really in Dania Beach but called BWP Fort Lauderdale Airport South. :eek:

Isn't there also one named BW Plus Airport Cruiseport? We almost booked there but got a better deal at SpringHill Suites which is a good place for pre-cruise.

I stayed at this hotel end of April (pre-cruise) and regretted it. The musty, disgusting smell that hits you when you open the room was so overwhelming, it is hard to breath. When i talked to Front Desk, their solution was to hand me over a can of Febreeze!

Sorry to hear about this; I understand and agree with you though. A local explained that all hotels in Fort Lauderdale take on that mildew smell due to the weather (rain, humidity, and hurricanes). We have stayed in a few Fort Lauderdale hotels and each one was the same, I'm afraid. The Best Western Oakland Plaza was really bad - made us want to put the suitcases we weren't using in the trunk of our rental car, just to avoid the smell before we took them on our cruise! *sigh* It is what it is.