Hook Bracelet

LuckyAshley

Is there anywhere to get an authentic hook bracelet from Sonya's on a Sunday? I know their store is listed as closed on Sundays, but I didn't know if you could get one somewhere else on Sunday? I'd like to stick with the original if possible.

Is there anywhere to get an authentic hook bracelet from Sonya's on a Sunday? I know their store is listed as closed on Sundays, but I didn't know if you could get one somewhere else on Sunday? I'd like to stick with the original if possible.

An official Sonya? Not likely on a sunday. Browse the vendor stalls by the pier and you'll find some nice hooks though.

May I ask why you're so loyal to her? She does great work to be sure but I've never had a problem with my other hooks.

An official Sonya? Not likely on a sunday. Browse the vendor stalls by the pier and you'll find some nice hooks though.

May I ask why you're so loyal to her? She does great work to be sure but I've never had a problem with my other hooks.

I thought it would be neat to have a hook bracelet from the place they originated. Are there Sonya bracelets by the pier on non-Sundays? I'm trying to plan out our visits to St. Croix. Our first stop on a b2b is Sunday and the next one on the second leg is Tuesday. I think we may do Buck Island snorkel out of Christiansted one day then something not planned for the other day, most likely things within walking distance to the pier. So it would make sense to do the snorkel on Tuesday so I could go to Sonya's in Christiansted, but if we did that we would have three snorkel excursions in a row so it would work better to do the snorkel on Sunday. I'm not sure I could talk my husband into the time and cost to get to Christiansted on Tuesday for a hook bracelet. I really appreciate your help and any advice you may have. I know I may be all over the place with my post but St. Croix is our last port I have yet to plan and I can't decide what to do.

I thought it would be neat to have a hook bracelet from the place they originated. Are there Sonya bracelets by the pier on non-Sundays? I'm trying to plan out our visits to St. Croix. Our first stop on a b2b is Sunday and the next one on the second leg is Tuesday. I think we may do Buck Island snorkel out of Christiansted one day then something not planned for the other day, most likely things within walking distance to the pier. So it would make sense to do the snorkel on Tuesday so I could go to Sonya's in Christiansted, but if we did that we would have three snorkel excursions in a row so it would work better to do the snorkel on Sunday. I'm not sure I could talk my husband into the time and cost to get to Christiansted on Tuesday for a hook bracelet. I really appreciate your help and any advice you may have. I know I may be all over the place with my post but St. Croix is our last port I have yet to plan and I can't decide what to do.

You're in a heck of a quandary my friend, there is only one place on island to buy a Sonya hook and that is in downtown Christiansted. I can assure you that there are some other great hook makers on the island that sell right next to the pier on ship day but if you have your heart set on a Sonya (which is perfectly fine) you'll have to make the trek out east.

Sonya's has a guy in a tent along with the other vendors, along the water, not in the park. He has a good selection, same prices as the main store and website.

I've seen (and patronized) him twice, but sorry, I cannot remember if either visit was a Sunday.

I don't think so, town was hoppin' both times.

Sonya's has a guy in a tent along with the other vendors, along the water, not in the park. He has a good selection, same prices as the main store and website.

I've seen (and patronized) him twice, but sorry, I cannot remember if either visit was a Sunday.

I don't think so, town was hoppin' both times.

Hmmm I've never seen him. Maybe I'll go play tourist this morning and see if I can find him.

Hmmm I've never seen him. Maybe I'll go play tourist this morning and see if I can find him.

Yes, please check it out, make sure he is still there. Older guy, northeast US accent, maybe NY/NJ? Wife has a European accent. Nice folks.

I just checked my receipts, his name is not on them, just the standard Sonya's info, but my last visit was March, 2014. Before than, March 2013.

They are in the row across from the stores, so to the left, facing water, to the right as you exit the ship.

Yes, please check it out, make sure he is still there. Older guy, northeast US accent, maybe NY/NJ? Wife has a European accent. Nice folks.

I just checked my receipts, his name is not on them, just the standard Sonya's info, but my last visit was March, 2014. Before than, March 2013.

They are in the row across from the stores, so to the left, facing water, to the right as you exit the ship.

I absolutely stand corrected my friend, there is a Sonya booth on vendors row. Seemed to be a bit of a markup since the last one I bought at her store but maybe she raised prices.

I absolutely stand corrected my friend, there is a Sonya booth on vendors row. Seemed to be a bit of a markup since the last one I bought at her store but maybe she raised prices.

Oh that's great! Which way is vendors row from the cruise ship pier? So I think we will do Buck Island Sunday then Tuesday shop around the pier and maybe walk to a beach nearby or walk around Frederiksted. Thank you everyone for all your help! And thank you drake2014 for going down to confirm the booth is still there! I really appreciate it.

Oh that's great! Which way is vendors row from the cruise ship pier? So I think we will do Buck Island Sunday then Tuesday shop around the pier and maybe walk to a beach nearby or walk around Frederiksted. Thank you everyone for all your help! And thank you drake2014 for going down to confirm the booth is still there! I really appreciate it.

Come off the boat and turn right.

Happy to help!