Update for Wine By The Bottle Package

2SeaAll

Thank you for the answers. How does it work if you don't finish the bottle? We enjoy white wine/champagne for the starter and maybe red wine for the main course. If you carry on you own bottles will the staff still manage to handle two bottles per evening and spare the rest for the next evening? Or is it just easier to go by the wine bottle package? I guess waiters are more motivated when they get better gratuities from the wine package bottles than from the corkage fees? We are used to the drink package on Celebrity so we dont have any experience about buying the bottles on any cruise line. The most convinient way is to buy the wines by the glass but I think the prices are high....

You can buy the beverage package on Oceania at $60 pp pd then you can get all the wine by the glass plus spirits

or just the Wine package for by the glass for $40. pp pd gratuities included available at meals

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

If you do not finish your bottle of wine either from the package or bringing your own they will tag it with your cabin number & retrieve it when you require it

The corkage fee is $25 for bottles brought onboard by you & taken to the dining venues

We have never heard of it being enforced. Some people here have stated that they have brought on a case or two of wine and it was fine. I myself have brought on more than three bottles (although no more than four or five) and not had any problems.

Mura

MY TA informed me that each stateroom is limited to 3 bottles. Is this not enforced?

That is the written policy. No one has ever reported it to be enforced :D. I have personally brought 12 bottles aboard (and engaged in a discussion with the head of security over another matter while having two wine boxes at my feet):) Also numerous carry on of 2-3 bottles at each port in Aus/NZ last month. No one took any notice at all.

Enjoy!!

We just completed the Buenos Aires-Rio trip and bought wines in both Buenos Aires and Uruguay. Malbecs and others. Happily paid the corkage fee to be able to try some interesting wines we would never see at home. We are not experts and don't typically buy top line wines, just wanted to try something different. Bought one wine we had tried in a BA restaurant that we liked. Price there was $60, bought for $12, adding the $25 corkage made it a nice value. Tried others that we had never heard of but were recommended. It was fun and more interesting than the rather pedestrian wine package. The wine stewards were all gracious. One, Misha, was especially helpful. He tasted each wine and gave us his assessment. Certainly would follow his recommendations if we are on another cruise and buy from Oceania.

Our friends, who usually travel on "other" cruise lines, were amazed that we could just bring wine onboard, no questions, and have it served at dinner. Sure hope that doesn't change with the new ownership.

Our friends, who usually travel on "other" cruise lines, were amazed that we could just bring wine onboard, no questions, and have it served at dinner. Sure hope that doesn't change with the new ownership.

I'm guessing that since Frank del Rio is now the head of NCL that we should be safe in that regard ... at least we are so far!

Mura