Amazon cruises?

IFlyHarder

I had my first Oceania experience and really loved it. I'm also a complete lunatic who likes to make travel plans up to two years in advance!

Do any of you Oceania pros know if the company has considered Amazon itineraries? I'm already mapping out my 2017 plans.

I had my first Oceania experience and really loved it. I'm also a complete lunatic who likes to make travel plans up to two years in advance!

Do any of you Oceania pros know if the company has considered Amazon itineraries? I'm already mapping out my 2017 plans.

Most of Oceania cruises are out about 18mths in advance you may have to wait a bit longer for 2017 plans

here is a sampling

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/south-america-cruises/port-manaus-MAO/

Edited by LHT28

Thanks! I guess I've missed seeing them because I filter my searches for shorter cruises. Alas the difficulty of the need to work! Guess I may have to hold off until retirement.

We too work. In Dec they had the Same 20 day cruise over the Xmas holiday. Unfortunately it got cancelled due the Insignia fire. Maybe they will have a repeat (minus the fire) in late 2016 or 17.

In the latest brochure (booking starts tomorrow), there are 4 or 5 that will do the Amazon but ending in Miami or Rio mostly and mostly longer but check it out on the Oceania website. Late 2016 could work if the dates suit. These are the summer cruises so winter will not be out until fall.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to the "Find a Cruise" page on the Oceania website and choose the "Show Ports & Special Offers" option. Put in Manaus as a port to visit and you'll see the nine cruises they have available in 2015-16.

We were booked on the Amazon cruise this past December which, as already noted, was canceled because of Insignia's engine room fire. We can't make it this year so are now scheduled for November 2016 on Regatta. I hate planning that far ahead but if you want to make sure you're there...

Last year we did Regatta Rio to Miami and it was fabulous. We flew in a few days early to tour Rio, which is a world class city. Our cruise was 21 days. The port expert on board was brilliant, he did fifteen one hour lectures mostly about Brazil. They had another maritime speaker as well.

The Amazon was our very first Oceania cruise in 2006, Miami to Manaus to Miami, 26 days, on Regatta with Captain Flokos. Our previous longest cruise was 10 days, and I was ready to come home after 8. On the Amazon cruise, I was sad it was over in just 26 days! Oceania has been our favorite cruise line ever since. The Amazon portion of the cruise was worth doing once, especially the stops in Boca del Valeria, Manaus and Parintins, with the Boi Bumba show at the latter stop. The river itself was wide and mostly featureless, except the occasional pink dolphin. Everyone should do it once, but I will not likely repeat it. As for the rest of that cruise, the stop at Devil's Island was definitely a highlight; we'll be stopping there again on our world cruise next year.