Ships are being FROZEN

moki'smommy

Wow!

I guess the Pirates deck party will be shelved then? And TBH it has been on the ships for over a decade in one form or another, but sounds like it could be a great new experience and show.

IF it does replace not supplement the Pirates party, hopefully they will make it a Frozen theme with the pyrotechnics as well with lots of blues and silver in the sky :)

3 new song's to Disney Dreams too. I hope Under The Sea doesn't get bumped.

ex techie

LauraS from CC's separate thread link here:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=6160

ex techie

Beginning this summer, Disney Magic and Disney Wonder will transform into a land of snow one day on each of a few sailings in Alaska and Europe. The atriums on each ship will be outfitted with icicles, and passengers can go on chocolate scavenger hunts, make ice and snow, and enjoy Scandinavian food and maypole dancing. Outside, evening fun includes a deck party featuring dancing, games and icy decor, as well as frozen-themed drinks for the adults in the crowd. Throughout the day, cruisers can enjoy appearances by Elsa, Anna, Sven, Olaf and Kristoff.

CC has gotten more info than the disney park blog.

Edited by Ex techie

IF it does replace not supplement the Pirates party, hopefully they will make it a Frozen theme with the pyrotechnics as well with lots of blues and silver in the sky :)

Quoted myself to add that reading the article again, obviously the Wonder on the Alaska cruises cannot have pyrotechnics/fireworks for environmental reasons.

Hopefully the Magic will be able to IF it replaces the Pirates party.

ex techie

Quoted myself to add that reading the article again, obviously the Wonder on the Alaska cruises cannot have pyrotechnics/fireworks for environmental reasons.

Hopefully the Magic will be able to IF it replaces the Pirates party.

ex techie

I sailed on the Magic when they initially did the Baltic itineraries in 2010. While we did have a Pirate Night deck party on the sailings, they didn't shoot off fireworks. I'm guessing it was because it just didn't get dark enough in Northern Europe that time of year.

If that's the case, I'm guessing it won't have fireworks on the Magic either.

So, I guess it will replace Pirate Night on both ships, and consequently presuming that the Pixar Pals party won't be returning for the Wonder's Alaska season.

I sailed on the Magic when they initially did the Baltic itineraries in 2010. While we did have a Pirate Night deck party on the sailings, they didn't shoot off fireworks. I'm guessing it was because it just didn't get dark enough in Northern Europe that time of year.

If that's the case, I'm guessing it won't have fireworks on the Magic either.

So, I guess it will replace Pirate Night on both ships, and consequently presuming that the Pixar Pals party won't be returning for the Wonder's Alaska season.

I didn't know that.

Fireworks still work well at dusk and July/August, sunset is around 9:30/10:30 depending on the time zone, so not later than the regular Pirates party?

Maybe it was local port regulations or being able to get the pyrotechnic supplies that are to Disney specifications locally?

It would be a shame if they didn't.

ex techie

I didn't know that.

Fireworks still work well at dusk and July/August, sunset is around 9:30/10:30 depending on the time zone, so not later than the regular Pirates party?

Maybe it was local port regulations or being able to get the pyrotechnic supplies that are to Disney specifications locally?

It would be a shame if they didn't.

ex techie

The Med cruises before and after the Baltic sailings had fireworks. The ship repositions back to the Med on August 3 and I would imagine those sailings would have fireworks. But end of June right after solstice, it just didn't get dark enough. It was still twilighty after the adult cabarets/theme parties let out.

The Med cruises before and after the Baltic sailings had fireworks. The ship repositions back to the Med on August 3 and I would imagine those sailings would have fireworks. But end of June right after solstice, it just didn't get dark enough. It was still twilighty after the adult cabarets/theme parties let out.

Who knows?

Most western European countries are dark or at least at dusk by !0:30pm in the summer?

June:

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/estonia/tallinn?month=6

July:

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/estonia/tallinn?month=7

Maybe it's local regulations, maybe it's supplier issues or costs to get the pyrotechnics to the certain ports and import costs and taxes?

They can only carry a certain amount (usually two 7 day cruise's worth of pyrotechnic's for the deck show and the theatre as per Lloyds List insurers specification)

ex techie

I was so sad to hear that they are going to ruin the ship with Frozen. Leave the ships alone. They have already ruined the parks with enough Frozen themed items. I understand it is there current cash cow...but can't they just leave some things alone.

The Classics aren't fairing so well what with the new shiny tech on the Dream class. They need to bring trade back to them with something the Dream class doesn't have.

The Pirate's party is too old and needed to be replaced a long time ago.

I fear the Frozen theme may be around for quite some time. And no doubt Frozen 2 will only extend the life of the product.

ex techie

I was so sad to hear that they are going to ruin the ship with Frozen. Leave the ships alone. They have already ruined the parks with enough Frozen themed items. I understand it is there current cash cow...but can't they just leave some things alone.

Synergy, it's a Disney tradition, using one brand to promote the others. That's why Disneyland has a Sleeping Beauty castle.

Who knows?

Most western European countries are dark or at least at dusk by !0:30pm in the summer?

June:

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/estonia/tallinn?month=6

July:

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/estonia/tallinn?month=7

Maybe it's local regulations, maybe it's supplier issues or costs to get the pyrotechnics to the certain ports and import costs and taxes?

They can only carry a certain amount (usually two 7 day cruise's worth of pyrotechnic's for the deck show and the theatre as per Lloyds List insurers specification)

ex techie

The Magic will be in Northern Europe through early August. Scandinavia is the Land of the Midnight Sun, and any fireworks would have to be very late (11 p.m. or later) for it to be dark.

As much as I don't care for the "Frozenization" of WDW, I've never been particularly fond of Pirate Night on DCL. I'll be on the May Transatlantic, so it remains to be seen if the Frozen deck party and new show elements will be on that cruise.

The Magic will be in Northern Europe through early August. Scandinavia is the Land of the Midnight Sun, and any fireworks would have to be very late (11 p.m. or later) for it to be dark.

As much as I don't care for the "Frozenization" of WDW, I've never been particularly fond of Pirate Night on DCL. I'll be on the May Transatlantic, so it remains to be seen if the Frozen deck party and new show elements will be on that cruise.

I am aware of that.

Stockholm sunrise and sunset for July 2015

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/sweden/stockholm?month=7

and fireworks still "work" during the day time and at dusk as above!

0306ZY_0593MS.jpg

ex techie

The Disney Parks blog is reporting that the Frozen party is in addition to the Pirates party:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/land-of-frozen-coming-to-disney-cruise-line-this-summer/

Jonathan Frontado on January 29th, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Great to see everyone’s excitement about our new Frozen fun! I’ll be sharing more details in the coming months, but for now I can tell you that the Frozen-inspired deck party is in addition to our pirate and Pixar celebrations. The deck party debuts on the Disney Wonder during our Alaska voyage departing June 1 and on the Disney Magic’s first sailing in Europe departing May 30. Stay tuned for more exciting details!

So likely no additional fireworks, just an additional deck party and other activities starting June 1 on the Wonder and May 30 on the Magic.

ex techie