Comfortable flippie flops

Abercram

Hi guys,

I am on the hunt for comfortable flip flops. I bought some el cheapo ones from Old Navy, and they will serve their purpose, however I am leery about the plastic toe part. *Cue flashback to horrid childhood blisters from rubber flip flops* A few years back I bought some called Rocketdog? I think was the name. It had a rubbery soft bottom and a cloth toe part so it was very comfortable, and no blisters!! :) However the tread wore out on them and I had to get rid of them as otherwise we all know what would have happened. So, what are some good brands that are comfortable but would have a good grip on the bottom? And preferably a cloth toe thing? I know rainbow brand was popular when I was in high school but I never had them so don't know if they'd be a good choice. I would say sandals were an option also, but I'm one of those people whose ankles swell on a cruise... Or an adjustable option might work. If anyone has suggestions I'd be glad to hear them!

Normally I only wear flip flops when I get a pedicure - on vacations I prefer a sport sandal (like Teva or Keen) because they offer me much more support and I can do light hiking (up to 5 miles) as well as get them wet.

A few years ago, I did (gasp) buy a pair of croc flip flops from DSW (they were on sale and a great deal). I really like the nubby footbed ("massage") I still don't travel with them, but they are FAR more comfortable and have lasted much longer than the cheapie versions I've bought at Target or Old Navy.

This is the version I have http://www.amazon.com/crocs-Womens-11039-Vezzy-Sandal/dp/B004023LNM/ref=sr_1_26?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1425479804&sr=1-26&keywords=flipflop

(still the only croc I've ever owned - I just don't like most of the shoes, and the newer/"more stylish" versions don't fit me)

I love my Fit Flops - they are super supportive and I can walk all over Disney world and my feet won't hurt! I do like my yellow box ones too, but mine are flat not the raised heel like others. I have heard that Reef is also comfortable. I just saw some Speedo flip flops at Sams Club and they looked comfy as well.

Rainbow Sandals (they're still around not only for the young) and Olukai Sandals. The Olukai's have a better tread.

Edited by SadieN

I currently have Teva and Rocket Dogs. I wear them both a lot. The Teva ones are 2 years old and still fairly good condition. The Rocket Dog were purchased last year spring and still in excellent condition. I recently purchased a pair of Cobian for an up coming cruise. They are really comfortable and at this point they look like they would hold up well. I wouldn't hesitate to wear any of them for an excursion day. :)

I love my Columbia Sportswear Sandals they are adjustable with Velcro enough to cope with ankle swelling on ship, weigh next to nothing for packing and you can get them wet. Even with my horrible feet (2 tendon tears) I can walk all day in them.

I love my rainbow sandals, but they're leather, not for water

DH loves his olukai sandals, but everyone's feet are different, I don't need shoes with support, but some people do, so I think it's best to try on quite a few to see what you need.

Another vote for Reefs! I own almost 10 pairs of them in different color combinations and I wear them all summer long. In fact, I already packed my all-black pair for my cruise next week... they work great for walking around for hours in port, as well as for casual nights on the ship!

I also own a few pairs of Rocket Dogs and they are just as comfortable as my Reefs. One word of caution though: the Rocket Dogs bottoms are not rubberized and I tend to slip and slide on the floor with them. They have very little traction, so be careful if you get those!

For those of you recommending the Reef brand flip flop - can you please elaborate on the style/type? Was looking on amazon and getting overwhelmed with the different names/styles - is one better/comfier than another? :)

Another vote for reefs. I have two pairs. When I look on their website, I believe mine are the Sandy and Mallory Scrunch. I love both but find the Sandy more comfortable.

I also have a pair of LL Bean flip flops which are equally as comfortable.

Another vote for Rainbow! Our whole family has them, and they are so comfortable. Leather though, so not good for water. Though mine have gotten wet several times and are still fine. I like mine with the braided strap, makes them look a little more girly and fun.

For pool flip flops, the best I have ever found are Locals brand. They are from Hawaii and you can find them in the drug store for less than $5. Not sure if they are available on Amazon, etc. or not. But if you know someone going to Hawaii, they could easily pick you up a pair. Just watch out because they use European sizing. So I'm normally a 6, but in those I'd wear an 8.5 or 9.