Coming to Tampa?

bjkeen

Coming to Tampa? If you have never seen Harbor Island the view of Hillsborough River is spectacular.

Harbor Island is close to the cruise port (1-2 miles). There is a restaurant on the water called Jackson's Bistro where you can eat inside or outside. The Mariott Hotel, Embassy Suites are also close to the port.

If you have anything that you would like to know about Florida, let me know and I will see if I know the answer.

http://www.*****.com/users/bjkeen/index.html

Happy Cruising!

Coming to Tampa? If you have never seen Harbor Island the view of Hillsborough River is spectacular.

Harbor Island is close to the cruise port (1-2 miles). There is a restaurant on the water called Jackson's Bistro where you can eat inside or outside. The Mariott Hotel, Embassy Suites are also close to the port.

If you have anything that you would like to know about Florida, let me know and I will see if I know the answer.

Happy Cruising!

I hate to tell you this but yu can bet this thread will get moved to another forum

Also there is a very very large thread on the port of departure forum on Tampa. It has everything anyone wants to know about Tampa.

You'll probably find this thread over there in the AM.....;)

Happy Cruising!

We will be going on the Inspiration in Oct. I am trying to figure out the best way for 6 of us to get from a hotel to the port. We need car seats. I dont think hotel shuttles have car seats. ARe you aware if there are any car services that have car seats? Our other option is to rent a car the first night and bring our car seats. That doesnt solve our problem once we get back toTampa and need to get to the airport. Any ideas? Thanks

That is a tough question that no one has ever asked me before. What hotel are you staying at? Most of the well known hotels have shuttle service. I would think you would need to bring your own car seats though. You might email Carnival and Tampa's Port Authority and ask them if they have anywhere you could store the car seats while you are on the cruise. If they do, make sure you have the name and phone number of the person in charge so that you can call them and get your car seats when you return. The Florida Aquarium (next to the port) allows people to store their luggage at the Aquarium while they are touring the aquarium, you might also contact them to see if they have a room that they could lock your car seats in while you are on the cruise. Also I have heard that the Hillsborough County Sheriff's department sometimes loans car seats to people.

Best of luck to you.

Happy Cruising!

That is a tough question that no one has ever asked me before. What hotel are you staying at? Most of the well known hotels have shuttle service. I would think you would need to bring your own car seats though. You might email Carnival and Tampa's Port Authority and ask them if they have anywhere you could store the car seats while you are on the cruise. If they do, make sure you have the name and phone number of the person in charge so that you can call them and get your car seats when you return. The Florida Aquarium (next to the port) allows people to store their luggage at the Aquarium while they are touring the aquarium, you might also contact them to see if they have a room that they could lock your car seats in while you are on the cruise. Also I have heard that the Hillsborough County Sheriff's department sometimes loans car seats to people.

Best of luck to you.

Happy Cruising!

Thanks for your input. I'm still not sure what we will do yet.

• 3 weeks later...

BJKeen,

DH and I will be arriving in Tampa on Sunday afternoon at about 3:30 -- any suggestions for a nice dinner, moderately priced? We are staying at the Rocky Point Holiday Inn Express. We will have a rental car so driving isn't too much of an issue. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Susie in MN

Archived