Tampa luggage storage

Willem999

Hello fellow cruisers

Coming back from the cruise we have a late international flight, we want to explore Tampa however to store the luggage is obviously a problem.

Read that Destination Tampa is out of service since April and the aquarium is nice for a couple of hours, but not a solution for the day.

Any suggestions, apart from renting a car, would be welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were able to store luggage in the Port of Tampa Terminal (before leaving the building) for $4 per person; each of us had a large piece and a medium. Monitored by cameras with Security guards posted at entrance. Personnel with signage stationed as you near building exit. Discounts if you purchase Aquarium tix.

We had a late flight & walked around-- RiverWalk is a nice stroll.

• 2 weeks later...

RE-The Tampa Airport Marriott offers day rooms for as low as $99. Not a great solution but an option nevertheless.

We have a flight that takes off at 6 pm on the 2nd of Jan. My sister in law and husband could pick us up for a little while (they live in Lakeland) but by the time you get there and back I'm thinking it's already time to head back to the airport. It sounds like the day room at the airport might be an option. How do you find out about this option? Do you have to book ahead of time (since it is around New Years)? Are there any discounts?

At first I thought it may be a little pricey but if you consider renting a car etc you may end up paying it anyway. That is of course if there is a place that you want to visit. I know sitting around in a hotel might sound boring but it's better than sitting in the airport. You could go down stairs when it gets closer to flt time and check your luggage then go back up stairs and relax. We have done this at the airport in Orlando when we have stayed overnight at that location and it's wonderful to not worry about getting to the airport. You just have to make sure you get through security when you go back downstairs.

UPDATE; I just called the hotel (I noticed that they were booked for the date wanted) and they stated that they can not book the day room until the day of. They have to find out if there are any rooms available. The rate is based on the day of booking. It could run between $99-$150. So this is an option but you will not know until the day of which makes it hard to plan.

Edited by Droop

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been able to use the luggage storage at the cruise port recently? Tried contacting Destination Tampa but no response to my email/their 800 phone number also not working...was hoping to use their luggage storage and walk over to the aquarium to kill some time before heading to the airport after my cruise next month.

Has anyone been able to use the luggage storage at the cruise port recently? Tried contacting Destination Tampa but no response to my email/their 800 phone number also not working...was hoping to use their luggage storage and walk over to the aquarium to kill some time before heading to the airport after my cruise next month.

Read Post #5 above.

From Nov 7, 2015.

Buy your aquarium tix @ port storage for discount.

Edited by leithbones