Distillery

arumbaugh

• 3 weeks later...

We did a Mixology Bacardi Rum Factory tour this week. It was so much fun! We got a bit of a tour around the factory and then we were instructed in making Bacardi cocktails. We all had our own equipment and followed the instructions we were given to make 3 cocktails, which obviously we had to taste! We also had a free welcome cocktail of our choice when we arrived, so were feeling very happy by the end of the tour!

We were allowed to take photos but not video while on the tour.

They had a shop that sold all the different types of Bacardi at competative prices, clothing and various other souvenirs.

We used the ferry from Old San Juan across the bay which only cost $1 each for a return journey.

Then there was a shuttle that took us to the Bacardi Factory. We though that was going to be free but it cost $3 each, so not expensive.

We had a lot of fun there.

I think that our guide did mention bottling your own rum, but didn't really listen to the details. I think it was to create your own bottle with your name on it.

Are you sure it was Bacardi distillery in PR?? You can take either a rum tasting tour or a mixology tour in which you prepare three different drinks with Bacardi rum but I know of nowhere in PR where you can bottle your own rum.

They do have it there. It's $160 and actually done in the gift shop area. Seems cool, but too expensive for me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

http://www.visitcasabacardi.com/fill-your-spirit/

They actually DO have it! Interesting... Looks like a cool thing to experience. Although you don't have much of a choice in rums (just two), the choices seem to be quite good quality products (more like sipping rum rather than for mixing). To pick your bottle, pour it into the bottle from a provided barrel, pour your name on the label and register it. No wonder the price is so high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

We did a Mixology Bacardi Rum Factory tour this week. It was so much fun! We got a bit of a tour around the factory and then we were instructed in making Bacardi cocktails. We all had our own equipment and followed the instructions we were given to make 3 cocktails, which obviously we had to taste! We also had a free welcome cocktail of our choice when we arrived, so were feeling very happy by the end of the tour!

They had a shop that sold all the different types of Bacardi at competative prices, clothing and various other souvenirs.

We used the ferry from Old San Juan across the bay which only cost $1 each for a return journey.

Then there was a shuttle that took us to the Bacardi Factory. We though that was going to be free but it cost $3 each, so not expensive.

I think that our guide did mention bottling your own rum, but didn't really listen to the details. I think it was to create your own bottle with your name on it.

This sounds like a lot of fun. Did you book this on your own, through a company or through the cruise ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...

Did you need to pre-book or could you pay on the day?

This sounds like a lot of fun. Did you book this on your own, through a company or through the cruise ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you need to pre-book or could you pay on the day?

There is the possibility that the cruise ships might have a tour of the distillery but I'm not quite sure. This is a fairly easy thing to do on your own while in San Juan, but it it time consuming for those with short port stops. Check out the Bacardi website for an explanation of the tours they provide and the hour the provide them at. While the ferry across the bay is supposed to leave every 15 minutes, it really is about every 30 minutes or so. You need to take that and the short 7 minute taxi ride to/from the distillery after the ferry so you don't end up arriving after late to the tour or worse, back to your ship.