Philipsburg Family Challenge

RobinKS

I would love to get feedback as well, since there are no recent reviews. We will be travelling as a family, and we all watch the Amazing Race.

However, that said- I can't imagine going to St. Martin and not do something involving the Ocean. I wonder if they have any beach visits built into this tour?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Would love to read some reviews of the Philipsburg Family Challenge if anyone has done this. Sounds like fun, but want to make sure it's not just a waste of time.

Thanks in advance

Did you or anyone do it?

We're going next week. I'll post and let everyone know how it is.

Thanks...looking forward to your review!

Our cruise calls on St. Maarten on Friday, March 25th...your perspective will help us decide whether on not to book this excursion!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a lot of fun doing the Family Challenge. It was very similar to the Amazing Race, having teams complete at various "stops" and gathering information/clues along the way. If you've been to St. Maarten before and are looking for something a little different to do than the traditional beach party, this was a lot of fun. Didn't hurt that our 3 person team won!

• 2 months later...

We did this a week ago on the Allure and had a blast. You are divided into teams of at least 4 or 5 people, so smaller families can team up. One person acts as mapkeeper, one as clue master and one as captain (they don't do much, so we made the youngest child the captain). Some challenges are physical, some are mental, involving reading or listing facts. There was nothing that a wide variety of ages couldn't do. It was a great way to see Phillipsburg and visit local spots like the grocery store, churches, etc. One person does need to swim a short distance in the ocean. The winner is not the team that arrives first, but is determined by a combination of time, challenge scores, and a final quiz. They are designing a new race that will be offered in the fall. You get a bottle of water and a snack at the end, a a mandatory rest break was built in about halfway - it was crazy hot the day we were there. I will just say to read your clues completely and carefully!

• 3 weeks later...

For those that have done this recently, I was hoping for more information. If we did this, our family would be a team of 5- two adults, kids 7,9,11. Will kids that age have fun? About how long does it last? Also, I think that I read one review that said it ended at a beach and that there was plenty of time for sightseeing afterward? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...