Maho Beach question

91fun

No more KLM 747 after October. That is the largest plane to land and takeoff at Princess Julianna Airport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

After Oct 2015 or after this coming Oct? Will be going prior to Oct 16. Thanks !

It's still cool to see the 757s and 737s, etc. land. Not many places in the world you can be this close to the action. I can still remember the first time I saw that KLM 747 come in -- back in the 90s.

Air France has an A340 (wide-body like 747 but not as large--also has 4 engines) land there some days too. I watched it on the mahobeachcam dot com today.

That's disappointing. Will they still have a flight from Amsterdam?

I just checked the AF/KLM flight schedules for the next 12 months. The last KLM Boeing B747-400 will be on 28 October, corresponding to the end of the current summer season.

But I have good news for all B747 enthusiasts: the B747-400 will return at the start of the 2017 summer season, first flight being on 26 March 2017.

Over the winter months KLM will be providing the Amsterdam - St. Maarten service utilizing the Airbus A330-200. This is in addition to the Air France service from Paris, which will be provided by Airbus A340-300 aircraft on a year-round basis.

Please note that neither AF nor KLM operate their St. Maarten services on a daily basis; usually there is, however, at least one flight between each of these airlines. Check out the KLM website for details.

Happy plane-spotting!

Edited by aviator1945
Typo

I just checked the AF/KLM flight schedules for the next 12 months. The last KLM Boeing B747-400 will be on 28 October, corresponding to the end of the current summer season.

But I have good news for all B747 enthusiasts: the B747-400 will return at the start of the 2017 summer season, first flight being on 26 March 2017.

Over the winter months KLM will be providing the Amsterdam - St. Maarten service utilizing the Airbus A330-200. This is in addition to the Air France service from Paris, which will be provided by Airbus A340-300 aircraft on a year-round basis.

Please note that neither AF nor KLM operate their St. Maarten services on a daily basis; usually there is, however, at least one flight between each of these airlines. Check out the KLM website for details.

Happy plane-spotting!

Good to hear the 747 comes back, thanks for the info.

Edited by clarea

Not sure if it still flies the route, but Corsair Airlines used to have service CDG - SXM several times a week, using either its 747 or Airbus heavy.

There are videos on You Tube showing the landing right over Maho.

Hopefully someone in CC land will have updated info on this.

Michael

Not sure if it still flies the route, but Corsair Airlines used to have service CDG - SXM several times a week, using either its 747 or Airbus heavy.

Hopefully someone in CC land will have updated info on this.

Michael

Corsair still offers flights from Paris/Orly to SXM once or twice per week, depending on the season, with Air Caraïbes Airbus A330-200 actually performing the flights.