Which Pier?

ransrider

98% of cruise ships making port calls in San Juan dock in the piers right in Old San Juan, unless the ship count is over 6 then they dock across the bay at the Pan am pier. There are ships from RCCL, Norwegian and Celebrity that regulary use the Pan Am pier when starting/ending the trip in San Juan. All Carnival, all smaller cruise lines and almost all visiting ships use the OSJ pier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I am on harmony in June and spoke to a representative to make sure. She said it docks at Pan am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is surprising info you got.....Will look forward to hearing if this is actually correct ;)

I am quite sure that HOTS as well as any Oasis or Quantum class ships will dock in Old San Juan. Pier 3 was redone and stretched specifically with that type of ship in mind because way back in the beginning of her service, Oasis tried to make a port call in SJ and couldn't dock at any of the available berths of the time due to the architecture of the terminals. They tried at the Pan Am pier as well with no luck and it ended missing the port. BTW, the Pan Am dock is not used for port calls unless there are over 6 ships in port in Old SJ, which is rare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

How far is it from OSJ to the Pan Am Pier? We are starting our cruise in San Juan and plan on spending a couple of days pre cruise at the Sheraton OSJ.

From Pan Am pier to the Sheraton OSJ...no more than 10-15 min....at least it was for us on that reverse route.

I was on the allure last year and docked right at San Juan. But because of my excursion, the company I am using said to call and double check with the harmony ship. Like I said I was told pan am after the rep spending some time researching for me. Will definitely inform you all on my return June 10 th

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I was on the allure last year and docked right at San Juan. But because of my excursion, the company I am using said to call and double check with the harmony ship. Like I said I was told pan am after the rep spending some time researching for me. Will definitely inform you all on my return June 10 th

Looks like Renza forgot to update on pier. :rolleyes:

Would ships doing overnights port in Old San Juan or the Pan Am pier?

This is on Celebrity if it matters.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Did not see a reply to your question - and we would also like to know! We've booked an excursion and went on the assumption that we will overnight in OSJ, so will be hooped if this is not the case. So? Anyone? Will Celebrity doing an overnight in San Juan port at OSJ or Pan American?