Insurance Comparisons

Lizard755

Have always bought through Cruise Line but thinking of switching it up.

Thoughts on Travel Insured Worldwide vs TravelSafe Classic vs CruiseCare with Celebrity Cruises.

I like the Benefit paid out amounts better on the first two, but also like that Celebrity will credit you 75% for cancelling for "Any Reason". Although the first two will let you cancel for Work Reasons.

Thoughts? Cruisecare's underwriter has an A+ rating and the other two have an A rating.

Anyone ever used the CruiseCare before?

Thoughts on Travel Insured Worldwide vs TravelSafe Classic vs CruiseCare with Celebrity Cruises.

I like the Benefit paid out amounts better on the first two, but also like that Celebrity will credit you 75% for cancelling for "Any Reason". Although the first two will let you cancel for Work Reasons.

Thoughts? Cruisecare's underwriter has an A+ rating and the other two have an A rating.

You might want to contact Steve at www.TripInsurance.com

but CALL, don't just look at the plan summaries (although that might be quite helpful for *starters* in your case), because there is too much to include in those summaries.

Not sure where you are getting your info, but Travel Insured also offers CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) of 75% cash back (not just a travel credit) if you choose that option, which does cost extra.

At least some other insurers also offer that.

We happen to be satisfied customers of Travel Insured, and by that I mean that we found a policy type we like, and - unfortunately - we've had a few large claims that were paid with no nonsense.

Steve helped advise us on the original choices, and we found out about his company here on CruiseCritic :)

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested to know if you did this? We just booked a cruise this morning and I've always insured through the line as well but plan on going elsewhere this time.

We decided to go with GeezerCouple's recommendation. The website, however, is www.tripinsurancestore.com I did speak directly with Steve and his suggestion was Travelsafe. The coverage limits are much higher than the cruiselines but doesn't offer "cancel for any reason" credit. It does offer cancel due to work though. I think we are making the better choice.

We decided to go with GeezerCouple's recommendation. The website, however, is www.tripinsurancestore.com I did speak directly with Steve and his suggestion was Travelsafe. The coverage limits are much higher than the cruiselines but doesn't offer "cancel for any reason" credit. It does offer cancel due to work though. I think we are making the better choice.

Oooops - so sorry about the "close but not quite" website address. Ouch.

Do you need CFAR coverage?

If so, ask Steve about a different recommendation.

We do tend to get that with our Travel Insured policies.

(MIL is extremely elderly, and going strong. However, something could happen that doesn't "require" our return or cancelling the trip, but we'd want to do so. She'll probably make the next few years to 100, if anyone will. And totally alert!)