Cab from Havensight to Crown Bay

PensFan1028

We are docking in Havensight and will need a cab to get to Crown Bay... Will it be an issue with cab drivers pretending not to know where Crown Bay is?

We had an experience asking for directions once and no one would tell us how to get to a place we knew existed because they wanted us to join a prearranged tour... everyone acted like they've never heard of the place we were talking about.

I just do not want to have an issue getting to the Crown Bay area.

How many in your group? There's a new taxi group at Havensight so there's a possibility things have gotten better, though some that were in the old group joined the new group.

If you have a complaint with any of the taxi drivers best to report license plate # to Havensight Mall Association at 340.777.5313.

• 2 weeks later...

We docked in Crown Bay in March, and needed to get to Havensight. We caught a taxi to downtown, and were transferred to a second taxi to Havensight. We only paid the 2nd taxi driver. The first driver assured us that was the way to do it

On the return trip, we caught a taxi in Havensight, and returned all the way to Crown Bay. No problems. Unfortunately, the only ship in St Thomas was us at Crown Bay. So most of Havensight was closed. We were meeting friends at the Dockside Bar, so we were OK. I did have some shopping I wanted to do while there. Saved some bucks since they were closed.

We docked in Crown Bay in March, and needed to get to Havensight. We caught a taxi to downtown, and were transferred to a second taxi to Havensight. We only paid the 2nd taxi driver. The first driver assured us that was the way to do it

On the return trip, we caught a taxi in Havensight, and returned all the way to Crown Bay. No problems. Unfortunately, the only ship in St Thomas was us at Crown Bay. So most of Havensight was closed. We were meeting friends at the Dockside Bar, so we were OK. I did have some shopping I wanted to do while there. Saved some bucks since they were closed.

This is good info and new to me.... When we are in St. Thomas in 2 weeks on Oasis docked at Crown Bay, we are the only ship at St. Thomas that day. I had planned to stop and do some shopping in Havensight. Never occurred to me that nothing would be open because no ships were docked there.....

• 3 weeks later...

We docked in Havensight last March. We walked to the taxi stand near the exit to the port area and got a taxi to Crown Bay. I think the cost was 6 or 7 bucks PP. We were catching the Water Taxi to Water Island, so we coordinated with the Taxi Driver to meet us at a certain time for the ride back to Havensight. Worked out just fine.

Oops, just noticed you've sailed already. How did this work out for you?