Twin window cabins

hazand

Not sure what time of year you're traveling and this is my opinion only but if we're sailing in winter or less than optimal weather the lower deck is fine, can be a nice savings and you don't/won't spend much time in your cabin. That said, if it's during a nicer time of the year I'd look at a French balcony at the very least, I like to be able to open the sliders and get fresh air. Like I said, only my opinion. We leave tomorrow for Eastern Europe and will have a French balcony. Whichever you choose, enjoy your travels.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have been in those cabins on two AMA boats as our friends always book the most budget friendly cabin available. Cabins were as well appointed as the more expensive French balcony cabins, just a bit smaller and with less natural light - they had no complaints and booked the same for our next AMA cruise.

Thanks for taking time to reply. Would be looking at Prague to Istanbul early May. This would be following a wedding in UK so a bit restricted with dates. I don't think we will spend too much time in the cabin. ;)

We usually book lower category (aka Aquarium Class) and are very happy being on the lowest deck.

We did book a French balcony on one cruise (on a cruise with AMA) and we found we weren't in our cabin enough to justify the added expense (just my opinion, of course...)

Fran

Ditto what Franski says. We've had aquarium class and a French balcony, which was nice, but we spend so little time in our room the extra cost isn't worth it to us. Others, of course, may differ. Oh, I nearly forgot. Once on a winter cruise we had a full balcony. We actually sat on it a couple of times, but we do still feel that aquarium is fine. It is fun to have swans peering in!

Archived