Looking to bring pop cans onto boat

LtsGoBuffalo

I'm setting sail on Royal Caribbean's Independence this Saturday. I've done a little research and reading here on the forums and this is what I have gathered:

-I read the rules and I understand the official rule is "don't bring your own beverages."

-Don't stash pop into your luggage. It's considered "contraband"

-Spring break season (right now) stricter rules on pop and other bottled NA beverages

-DON'T bring bottles

-6 pack of cans is usually tolerated in your carry-on. I've gathered if you're nice and upfront, they typically allow you to bring a 6 pack of cans on.

Can anyone offer any insight, opinions or otherwise? Generally just looking for a consensus as to whether my 6 pack of pop will be tolerated. Thanks

You might get better answers if you post this on the RCCL board not the Saint Martin board.

But I'd say that if you're only bringing a single 6-pack on board in your carry on, the WORST that can happen is they stop you at the security checkpoint and take the sixer away. You lose only the cost of the sixer plus what you'll have to pay for "replacement" drinks on board. Small price, really.

If you're flying to the port, buy the sixer once you land at the airport. Hopefully you'll get some straight answers from recent RCCL cruisers on the RCCL boards. May even be a thread of posts on this topic.

You might get better answers if you post this on the RCCL board not the Saint Martin board.

But I'd say that if you're only bringing a single 6-pack on board in your carry on, the WORST that can happen is they stop you at the security checkpoint and take the sixer away. You lose only the cost of the sixer plus what you'll have to pay for "replacement" drinks on board. Small price, really.

If you're flying to the port, buy the sixer once you land at the airport. Hopefully you'll get some straight answers from recent RCCL cruisers on the RCCL boards. May even be a thread of posts on this topic.

Thanks Crew. yea, I posted there about a half hour ago this same post. It's really not a big deal tbh, I'm just looking for someone to be like "I tried 2-3 times and they always let me by" or something like that. there's also a pretty lengthy thread that started from some lady that got her cola taken away and she'll never sail there again. needless to say, it sounded like a trolling attempt.

Just back from a cruise on Carnival... their policy is that each adult can bring one bottle of champagne or wine when boarding... children can bring up to a 12 pack of soda 20 oz. or less per container. We did just that as a family of four... no problem..... You are not allowed to bring aboard beer.... Cheers!