Grand Turk?

lizjoemom

DH and I are going on the Pride next month and the ship stops in Grand Turk. We haven't been here before and I was wondering if there was a good beach spot that we could go to without having to go on an excursion? We are just looking for a relaxing beach day. Any advice is appreciated!

There is a nice beach right at the port and Margaritavilla has a huge pool. Lots to do within walking distance. Absolutely beautiful there!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't been yet, but have been doing a lot of research. Right where the ship docks is a nice beach. There is a Margaritaville and also a place a little further down the beach called Jack's Shack. Those seem to be the main two places. Check the destination boards as people have posted links to the locations.

DH and I are going on the Pride next month and the ship stops in Grand Turk. We haven't been here before and I was wondering if there was a good beach spot that we could go to without having to go on an excursion? We are just looking for a relaxing beach day. Any advice is appreciated!

As soon as you step off the cruise pier, you will be on the beach. Free lounge chairs, lots of shade or sun. There is also a free swimming pool just steps away at Margaritaville. They have a swim up bar and often have free live music around the pool. You will love Grand Turk.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/

Have a great beach day at Grand Turk!

As soon as you step off the cruise pier, you will be on the beach. Free lounge chairs, lots of shade or sun. There is also a free swimming pool just steps away at Margaritaville. They have a swim up bar and often have free live music around the pool. You will love Grand Turk.

Thanks for the link, looks great!

Grand Turk is the perfect place for a beach day. You just walk to the end of the pier right off the ship & there is a huge beach with free lounge chairs. Jack's Shack that some have mentioned is a bar/grill down the beach to the left of the pier, past Margaritaville. There is a fee to use the lounge chairs in front of Jack's Shack as people who have gone there have stated. It is free to use the pool at Margaritaville. Below is a link with info. on Grand Turk:

Edited by Dina7

There's very little to do at Grand Turk unless you go on an excursion. That being said, it is a wonderful beach destination. The beach, with lots of chairs, is directly adjacent to the pier. Be advised that the bottom is somewhat rocky depending on where you are swimming.

Margaritaville also has a large swimming pool. It tends to be very, very popular and crowded.

Grand Turk also has shopping right off the pier as well.

Grand Turk can be the least expensive port you will ever visit on any cruise. Just walk down the pier and you will come to a dozen shops. Lots to look at and relatively inexpensive. Keep walking and you will come to one of the biggest pools you can imagine. No charge. It is not square shaped and seems to go for a block or two. At one end, there are bars that extend into the pool so you can sit at a stool with your feet in the water. At the other end of the pool is a concession where you can ride a wave machine. Walk just a few more feet and you are back at the beach with lounges, umbrellas and a dressing station. Again, no charge. I have been there 3 times and would recommend it. As for excursions, this is really a tiny island with nothing unusual to see. I would avoid them and do you own thing just off the ship. Also when on the beach, you will face the ship directly in front of you and you can really get some great pictures with palm tree branches to add color to your picture.

Edited by richfret

I have been to Grand Turk three times and its a beautiful little island. I suggest that before going to the great beach which is right beside the pier that you make a quick tour of the island. For $15 to $20 pp you can do a quick tour of the island in a taxi.

The island is a sleepy little place with wild donkeys walking down the street and very different from most of the other islands that cruise ships visit. In about an hour and a half you can make a quick tour of the island.

My opinion is that Jack's Shack is at the very end of the strip, over priced food and a hole in the wall and we had to pay to rent a chair. Save your time, there is plenty of beach and Marguerita's is right there. Some folks have gone to the right and had some good beach and near shore snorkeling as well.

This link is quite helpful to plan my day there. Thank you so much!

Grand Turk is the most convenient cruise port you will ever visit! Your ship will dock so close to the beach you'll wonder if you are going to run a-ground! Plenty of free chairs, sunshine or shade, and everything is close by. It is a short walk to what ever you need. Beautiful island....can't stop there enough!

• 2 weeks later...