Carnival Accessible Cabins for Full-Time Wheelchair User?

Quampapetet

Yes, I was able to roll straight out to the balcony. However, you could not close the balcony door. I was using a regular manual wheelchair. The only problem I had with the balcony was that it was the first balcony forward on the left side of the ship. Very windy, rocky and the bridge had full view. Everytime I went out there, someone was waving to me, LOL. I really felt like you had no privacy. This was a wheelchair "turnaround" room. Very easy to move around in. Bathroom was wonderful with easy access to everything. Also, Carnival has always called me prior to my cruises to make sure all my needs were in place.

Yes, I was able to roll straight out to the balcony. However, you could not close the balcony door. I was using a regular manual wheelchair. The only problem I had with the balcony was that it was the first balcony forward on the left side of the ship. Very windy, rocky and the bridge had full view. Everytime I went out there, someone was waving to me, LOL. I really felt like you had no privacy. This was a wheelchair "turnaround" room. Very easy to move around in. Bathroom was wonderful with easy access to everything. Also, Carnival has always called me prior to my cruises to make sure all my needs were in place.

That's good news for me. I was hoping to be able to use the balcony. I'll be in the same cabin....first one on the left next to the bridge. Not worried about privacy on the balcony.........I can't get my clothes off no matter how hard I try

We'll be in the last cabin on the right side of the ship (at the rear of the ship) on the Fascination. Can't wait!

We're going to Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay. Planning an excursion to the animal park in Nassau and then the glass bottom boat at LSC. Anyone done either of these in a wheelchair? Any advice?

That's good news for me. I was hoping to be able to use the balcony. I'll be in the same cabin....first one on the left next to the bridge. Not worried about privacy on the balcony.........I can't get my clothes off no matter how hard I try

So you will be cruising on the Breeze?? I had cabin 6208. It was very roomy, I loved it. You will enjoy the Breeze.

• 1 month later...
Thanks to both of you!

We do have a different TA this time, since the group leader is now a TA, so that will help, I'm sure, as I know the ones from before were pretty incompetent.

I will make sure she and the TA request a "fully accessible cabin" and make sure it is that and not a "modified" cabin (which is a great idea, so that the fully accessible ones are saved for those who need the extra room for their wheelchairs to move around, but not a good idea if they mix the two up!).

I NEVER trust a travel agent to make my cruise arrangements. No one can speak to my daughter's accessibility needs like I can. Cruise lines have someone taking care of special needs passengers making reservations. I only use these people to book a cruise.

Since balcony accessible on Splendor was not to my liking due to it being all the way forward and impossible to get on with a scooter, we booked the only accessible suite. Cabin was beautiful, roomy. Balcony easily navigated and big.....however the bathroom large, with roll in shower also had a gorgeous high marble tub in FRONT of the toilet......no leg room if your knees do not bend or heavy legs. IT was a PROBLEM. Also bathroom quite a distance from bed.

So it is a toss up. Would not book suite again. Vicki