Tour guides in Bangkok

yenta

We will be in Bangkok the end of Nov. and need guides for 2 days. Has anyone used Bangkok Day Tours or do you have any other suggestions?

We loved Tong, but some people have had issues communicating with her. It was probably the best and most fun 2 days of tours we have ever had. You can see what we did when in Bangkok in our review on our website www.thepreismans.com. There are lots of photos of some great places to visit in the review. Have a great time on your trip.

I agree with Mike...Tong was great,, but sometimes communication was slow. However, we started planning months ahead and were rewarded with a very thoughtful and insightful guide, Jerry, and an immaculate late model vehicle with a driver who dropped us off and picked us up at all the sights, saving valuable time walking/waiting. Jerry obviously loves his country and his job, and was a wonderful teacher and guide. We loved our Asia trip and Tours with Tong, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I won't get back to US until Nov. 5 but I have chosen to use Wandee for a private guide and driver service for 5 days in Oct. You can see the tours that she offers at Wandeetours.com but she has been excellent about communicating and making out trip exactly to our liking. She also suggested flights and hotels but we preferred to use loyalty points and she was fine with that. Contact Wandee@wandeetours.com

Another vote for Tong. She is so much fun. Her husband is also an optician so we were able to get very nice specs quite reasonably and she dropped them off at our hotel.

Another vote for Tong. She is so much fun. Her husband is also an optician so we were able to get very nice specs quite reasonably and she dropped them off at our hotel.

That is too funny. That girl can multitask. Thanks for sharing.

We are using Bangkok day tour. We are using them from our hotel only, but I'm sure arrangements can be made for transfer to the port. They have been very prompt in answering all my emails.

Will these guides pick you up IN Bangkok and also at the ship? We have 2 days to work out..

Thanks, Sherry

Wandee does meet at airport and she is doing a 1/2 day tour and drop off at the Diamond Princess for our cruise. We have 5 nights in Bangkok with Wandee before our cruise. Wandee@ Wandee.com is contact and her website gives lots of options for tours. We decided to plan our own tours and she was excellent in tailoring things to our liking. I will report back after our trip in Oct. 2012.

• 3 months later...

After a horrible experience trying to communicate with Tong, who was working on building a new house at the time, we went with Bangkok Day Tour for our two days in Bangkok in June, including transfers from and back to the airport.

Their communication was fairly quick (although not like the European tour guides who usually reply within 24 hours), patient and accurate. We had a couple of great days with Nina who was accommodating and fun. I would definitely use them again and recommend them.

Hi we can recommend Wandee for tours in Bangkok and surronding area. We have had some very interesing tours with her in the city and Kanchanaburi. Great guide reliable and fun to be. Her website has some tours on offer but she will custom to what her guest wants to see and do Very proud of her country and delights in sharing with us . Always seems very relaxed in whatever party size she has, Never let us down over a couple of visits. Contact is if you want to make contact is wandee@wandeetours.com

Anywayall please have a good trip to wonderful Thailaland. If you are in town for a couple of days well worth considering a City Hotel stay, Do consider a dinner cruise- it is truly wonderful, if you have time check out Wat Tham Khoa Noi and Wat Thma Sua a couple of amazing temples in Kanchanaburi.

Archived