Breakaway - Fwrd Facing Penthouse

kpms

Hello!

Does anyone know when the floor plans for the Forward facing penthouse's will be released or have any idea how they will be laid out?

I have searched the forums but have not found any direct answers to my question.. :)

- Kris

Hello!

Does anyone know when the floor plans for the Forward facing penthouse's will be released or have any idea how they will be laid out?

I have searched the forums but have not found any direct answers to my question.. :)

- Kris

Hi Kris,

Good Question!! This seems to be an issue for both the Forward and Aft facing Penthouses on the Breakaway! We figured by now NCL would have published some floorplans :( .

There is a very informative thread here on the Breakaway. This matter has been discussed there, I will link you to it. There have been some "educated guesses" as to the layout of the front and aft penthouses, but please note, these are pure conjecture.

I do think you will enjoy the link if you haven't come across it yet. The roughly drawn Forward Penthouse is #132 on the thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1691618&highlight=breakaway

Enjoy

~Michele:)

Hi Michele!

Thank you for the information, I have been following that thread but I guess I missed that section. I see you are booked with the Breakaway, any suggestions for new cruiser with NCL (Only have cruised with Hal prior)

Thanks!

Kris

Hi Michele!

Thank you for the information, I have been following that thread but I guess I missed that section. I see you are booked with the Breakaway, any suggestions for new cruiser with NCL (Only have cruised with Hal prior)

Thanks!

Kris

I have never sailed on HAL, so I cannot do any comparisons, but I can tell you we are totally hooked on the Suite Life with NCL. If you are looking at a forward suite on the Breakaway, I think you will not be disappointed. The Haven areas, special Suite venues and priority embarkation make your trip memorable. Truly first class treatment.

We really enjoy freestyle cruising. I like showing up for dinner when I want to, not when I have to. Although, you won't get the dining room service from having the set waitstaff, such as your beverage of choice waiting at your table. But we don't really mind that trade off. The many different dining venues on NCL are so much more interesting than going to the same MDR every 6 pm as in traditional cruising.

We have completed 2 of the 4 NCL cruises we have booked. We have sailed on the Star and the Gem, and are looking forward to the Jewel and the Breakaway. I did a Suite review of the Gem, and the link is in my signature below. We still are fairly new to the cruising scene, there are many here on CC with much more cruising experience, but, I can tell you NCL suits us.

~Michele:D

• 2 weeks later...
Andreas post this picture in another thread. Is this the balcony of a forward facing penthouse or a window. I hope NCL didn't sell me THIS as a balcony :mad:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=272&pid=8944#top_display_media

I think that is for the bridge. We are booked in a forward facing penthouse and have see literature stating a forward facing balcony. Which from other images may not happen

I think that is for the bridge. We are booked in a forward facing penthouse and have see literature stating a forward facing balcony. Which from other images may not happen

I think this is Not a part of the bridge. I am Talking about the quadrate under the bridge.... Here the link of Andreas with better pics: http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

I think this is Not a part of the bridge. I am Talking about the quadrate under the bridge.... Here the link of Andreas with better pics: http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

From the picture posted, it seems that would be Cabin #13806. Of course, this is only an educated guess. Not sure if the full size slide glass door next to the cut out is also part of the suite as well. Sometimes the cabins all the way forward have "Hull Balconies". Although, I agree, the description for this cabin should be clearer, especially if it is a hull balcony.

Just a bit of clarification on the "forward facing" balcony. I know I've seen it described as such, HOWEVER, on the building breakaway section of the NCL website, it clearly states the room has a balcony, but it NEVER says that it is "forward facing". Here is the link to the room amenities page:

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

I understand your frustration, as I have an aft penthouse booked and I am also looking for specific clarifications on that as well. I have been told that the description in the above link is accurate. But then again, the story changes according to who you speak with at NCL.

Hope this helps!

~Michele :)

From the picture posted, it seems that would be Cabin #13806. Of course, this is only an educated guess. Not sure if the full size slide glass door next to the cut out is also part of the suite as well. Sometimes the cabins all the way forward have "Hull Balconies". Although, I agree, the description for this cabin should be clearer, especially if it is a hull balcony.

Just a bit of clarification on the "forward facing" balcony. I know I've seen it described as such, HOWEVER, on the building breakaway section of the NCL website, it clearly states the room has a balcony, but it NEVER says that it is "forward facing". Here is the link to the room amenities page:

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-forward-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

I understand your frustration, as I have an aft penthouse booked and I am also looking for specific clarifications on that as well. I have been told that the description in the above link is accurate. But then again, the story changes according to who you speak with at NCL.

Hope this helps!

Hi michele, i do Not expect a forward facing balcony, but i hope ( i booked 13806) that this is not the "Main" balcony of this Suite. Otherwise i have to change or cancel. Do you think it could be a separate window or some extra balcony?

PS...the forward and aft penthouse layouts have been widely discussed on the "everything Breakaway" thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1691618

From the many devoted followers of that thread, this is a rudementary drawing of what the layout should look like for a forward PH (taken from page 7 on the above link):

ForwardFacingPenthouse_zps1e84adf5.jpg

Again, these are just educated guesses.

~Michele

Hi michele, i do Not expect a forward facing balcony, but i hope ( i booked 13806) that this is not the "Main" balcony of this Suite. Otherwise i have to change or cancel. Do you think it could be a separate window or some extra balcony?

At first thought, it could be a bathroom window. However, If it were my suite, I think I would change to a forward PH on deck 11 or 12 just to be on the safe side. If you look at the close up photos from the link you posted, you can see the lower balconies better. The bridge is on Deck 14, so count down from there and look closer at the balcony areas. The picture is the "actual product" and I would make my choice based on that rather than a drawn floorplan.

IMHO, it is what I would try for. You should still have plenty of time to change your reservation without any trouble or any up charge.

good luck!

Just spoke with a lovely lady from NCL,

I advised her that I am concerned that the Balcony would be a "Hull Balcony" she went and confirmed that it is not a hull balcony as it would clearly state that in the description.

In regards to why we were under the impression of a Forward facing balcony is per our Reservation This is what was quoted to us

"Take in breathtaking views from the forward- facing, private balcony.These Penthouses have access to The Haven and feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. (Sleeps up to four)"

- Kris:)

Just spoke with a lovely lady from NCL,

I advised her that I am concerned that the Balcony would be a "Hull Balcony" she went and confirmed that it is not a hull balcony as it would clearly state that in the description.

In regards to why we wThere under the impression of a Forward facing balcony is per our Reservation This is what was quoted to us

"Take in breathtaking views from the forward- facing, private balcony.These Penthouses have access to The Haven and feature a king-size bed plus dining and sitting areas. (Sleeps up to four)"

- Kris:)

The only cabin the photo seemed to compromise was cabin 13806, although, that window could be in the bathroom and the sliding glass door shown could be that of the living area in the suite. The cabins on the decks below were not affected by that hull "cutout"

I knew I saw that description somewhere on NCL (the aft descriptions were contradictive in different areas on the website as well). In a discussion I have going back and forth with my new PCC regarding the afts, he has a call into the dept. in charge of the cabin lay outs. Still awaiting an answer, below is my excerpt from the other thread:

Still waiting on the answers from NCL. I emailed a link of the Breakaway blog http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/st...-with-balcony/ info to my PCC and this is the answer I received so far. I am still awaiting the response from the person in charge of the room layouts. I'll post it here when I get it.

Michele,

I just spoke to a few people in reference to the room, although the information on the Breakaway website should be exactly what you’re getting I went one step further. I contacted the individual that takes care of individual room layouts etc. and just waiting to hear a response back from her. As soon as I receive a response I will get back in contact with you.

___________________Personal Cruise Consultant

877.416.9722 Ext.

_____________@ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

(I removed the PCC name, so this posted wouldn't be deleted by a host.)

Now, according to the PCC, the letter states the descriptions from the blog SHOULD be the correct ones (hmmmm, you think??... I'd like to be sure :)) SO, that would mean that this description for the forwards should also be "exactly what you're getting"

It will just be so much easier if NCL would publish the correct information, so we don't all have to be so confused about our accomodations.

The only cabin the photo seemed to compromise was cabin 13806, although, that window could be in the bathroom and the sliding glass door shown could be that of the living area in the suite. The cabins on the decks below were not affected by that hull "cutout"

I knew I saw that description somewhere on NCL (the aft descriptions were contradictive in different areas on the website as well). In a discussion I have going back and forth with my new PCC regarding the afts, he has a call into the dept. in charge of the cabin lay outs. Still awaiting an answer, below is my excerpt from the other thread:

Still waiting on the answers from NCL. I emailed a link of the Breakaway blog http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/st...-with-balcony/ info to my PCC and this is the answer I received so far. I am still awaiting the response from the person in charge of the room layouts. I'll post it here when I get it.

Michele,

I just spoke to a few people in reference to the room, although the information on the Breakaway website should be exactly what you’re getting I went one step further. I contacted the individual that takes care of individual room layouts etc. and just waiting to hear a response back from her. As soon as I receive a response I will get back in contact with you.

___________________Personal Cruise Consultant

877.416.9722 Ext.

_____________@ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

(I removed the PCC name, so this posted wouldn't be deleted by a host.)

Now, according to the PCC, the letter states the descriptions from the blog SHOULD be the correct ones (hmmmm, you think??... I'd like to be sure :)) SO, that would mean that this description for the forwards should also be "exactly what you're getting"

It will just be so much easier if NCL would publish the correct information, so we don't all have to be so confused about our accomodations.

Michele, any news here? :confused:

Michele, any news here? :confused:

Still nothing from my PCC. :(

Are you 4 persons in your forward? If you are less than 4, I would change my forward PH to deck 11. The photos seem like that has the most "regular" balcony.

It is possible that the cutout on that 13th deck is for the bathroom window, however, in the close up photos that have been posted, it seems like you can see a sliding glass door behind that cut out. :(

I'm still hoping that my aft PH looks like the pictures on the breakaway blog. I do know POSITIVELY what my balcony looks like on the aft:

d40a4f7d.jpg

I think the afts sleep 4 (we are only 3). I am happy that I know what the outside looks like, my only concern is what the inside looks like.

~Michele

• 2 months later...

Hope this helps!

I'm assuming you are speaking of 13107. (13806 is in the middle of the ship) I am wondering about this as well. We have 4 in our room and somehow THIS ONE is the only 1 out of 10 that sleeps 4. I certainly hope it's not a hull balcony. If so, it should cost less than the others in same category.

I actually counted 99 rooms (on deck plan) on that side of the ship and I see 99 windows in the pic linked below. HOWEVER, the aft facing PH doesn't have a side window. So I'm assuming the cutout is an extra window for 13107. Perhaps this room has extra square footage?

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=279&pid=9160#top_display_media

• 1 month later...

I have just booked a forward facing Penthouse, 10706 I think, and have yet to find a floor plan anywhere. The depictions show a porthole type window in both the bedroom and bathroom which doesn't seem correct when you look at pictures of the front of the ship. I was informed by an NCL consultant that the Balcony for these penthouses is on the side of the ship, not forward-facing as described on NCLs website.

The fwd penthouses on floor 13 are hull, enclosed balcony. I originally booked on and was looking at my confirmation from NCL, and in bold red font it said "Notice, this room has an enclosed balcony'. My PCC also confirmed this is the way both rooms on deck 13 are- I called to switch to deck 12.

I hope some travelers sailing today on the maiden crossing will post pix of cabins/suites soon. I recently booked the 10/27 sailing to FLA and Bahamas just to see the newest ship in the NCL Line. We booked a forward facing PH (10706) as we were told by the CC that the balcony was on the side. After experiencing a forward facing PH on the Sun and NEVER being able to use the balcony except in port because of the wind, I would never want a forward facer again! PLEASE PLEASE post pix!

I hope some travelers sailing today on the maiden crossing will post pix of cabins/suites soon. I recently booked the 10/27 sailing to FLA and Bahamas just to see the newest ship in the NCL Line. We booked a forward facing PH (10706) as we were told by the CC that the balcony was on the side. After experiencing a forward facing PH on the Sun and NEVER being able to use the balcony except in port because of the wind, I would never want a forward facer again! PLEASE PLEASE post pix!

Here you go, Breakaway S7, cabin 10106 (other side of the ship):

Thanks for the video! Not quite what was on the website either in word or pictures, but still a super Suite for sure. I'm psyched!

Archived