Passengers Report Problems on Newly Revitalized Carnival Cruise Ship

LauraS

I'm not trying to start a fight or accuse CC of being unfair but exactly WHERE can these complaints be found?? I've not seen one single complaint thread or post about the condition of the Sunshine. In fact, there's not been any communication here on the Carnival CC board from any of the current Sunshine passengers. So, on which CC board can this/these complaints be found? I'd like to read them. TIA

I'm not trying to start a fight or accuse CC of being unfair but exactly WHERE can these complaints be found?? I've not seen one single complaint thread or post about the condition of the Sunshine. In fact, there's not been any communication here on the Carnival CC board from any of the current Sunshine passengers. So, on which CC board can this/these complaints be found? I'd like to read them. TIA

I saw one thread on CC so far earlier today about reports of problems.

there was a thread with a direct link here earlier but i no longer see it.

check the roll call, they might be other comments

This is just more proof to never book a cruise on a ship that just exited dry dock, its always better to wait a week or two

I agree with all the replies - I can't find any new issues posted on Sunshine, just the usual stuff about the refurb. We sail on her in June and I have been watching for updates. I can't believe no one has submitted interim reviews, pictures of embarkation - this is weird.

I find CC is quick to post these carnival sticky's but not so much for the other lines.

check the roll call, they might be other comments

This is just more proof to never book a cruise on a ship that just exited dry dock, its always better to wait a week or two

I disagree with that. We love inaugurals. If you don't expect everything to be perfect, you won't be disappointed.

As with new builds of any pedigree, there will likely be engineers and technicians on board for months fixing minor issues here and there. I would even expect some on the Transatlantic. But again, that is true of all cruise lines.

Since when was the Carnival Sunshine ready. From what I understand it was not ready to sail until th e16 or 17th of this month. Why are folks complaining already, give them a chance.

These types of problems are why I would never sail on an inaguaral cruise.

Same with me. But unfortunately when most of these people booked it was not supposed to be the inaugural sailing but instead the 3rd sailing of the ship.

Keep in mind the current CARNIVAL SUNSHINE cruisers didn't expect to be the first cruise after a dry-dock. Carnival canceled the April 12 and April 26 sailings, and the poor folks on the May 3 sailing ended up being the guinea pigs with no choice in the matter.

I'm a little surprised the ship is not fully completed, especially the Water Works. According to Carnival, the dry-dock was extended to install new redundant safety measures (generator & electrical switchboard) and not because more time was needed for things like the Water Works and cabins. They had an extra three weeks to complete everything so what happened? I can only imagine what a disaster the first cruise would have been if they stuck with the original dry-dock schedule of an April 12 debut.

Keep in mind the current CARNIVAL SUNSHINE cruisers didn't expect to be the first cruise after a dry-dock. Carnival canceled the April 12 and April 26 sailings, and the poor folks on the May 3 sailing ended up being the guinea pigs with no choice in the matter.

I'm a little surprised the ship is not fully completed, especially the Water Works. According to Carnival, the dry-dock was extended to install new redundant safety measures (generator & electrical switchboard) and not because more time was needed for things like the Water Works and cabins. They had an extra three weeks to complete everything so what happened? I can only imagine what a disaster the first cruise would have been if they stuck with the original dry-dock schedule of an April 12 debut.

Finally a good reply

Archived