Is the Mystery Dinner Theater appropriate for a 12 year old?

Hello!

My 12 year old brother is joining my fiancé and I to the Mystery Dinner Theater on Explorer (gotta give my parents some alone time on their vacation!).

I was curious.. is it appropriate for him? I know it says that guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, but is it raunchy?

Thanks!

Edited by WarEagleLady

It wasn't raunchy at all on Mariner (three years ago) but he may not follow it too well depending on how "worldly" he may be. Food was great tho' !

Of course the script might be totally different now.

Edited by pspercy

Hello!

My 12 year old brother is joining my fiancé and I to the Mystery Dinner Theater on Explorer (gotta give my parents some alone time on their vacation!).

I was curious.. is it appropriate for him? I know it says that guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, but is it raunchy?

Thanks!

I think a lot of this depends on the other guests at the mystery dinner that particular night. The plot is pretty simple, but depending on how involved the other diners get, it could become rather more "adult".

I've been to two mystery dinners over the years. One was nice and appropriate for tweens; the other, there was a group (that I was part of - 12 adult women on a "girls" cruise) that made it rather more "adult" oriented; not x-rated but with some more adult topics/questions (we told a couple of the actors we could reign in the two that were the most "out there" , but they told us not to, that this was a lot of fun for them.) Of course, I didn't see any young kids or tweens at that particular dinner.

We did the mystery dinner on the Serenade in May. It was very hokie and you just have to go into it know it's very tongue-in-cheek humor. There wasn't anything I thought would be inappropriate for kids. For the adults, the show seemed to get better with more wine which was free flowing.

What I think is OK for a tween may differ for the next person so this is just an opinion.

I have been to three mystery dinners and I think they are great fun. Corny yes, but still fun. Like some others have said, I believe anything inappropriate for a 12 year old will come from the guests and that can happen anywhere on the ship. He'll have a great time....

Where do they usually do the mystery dinner theatre? Is it an extra cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it's an extra cost. Well worth it. Ours have always been at Portofinos (or Giovanni's) but on one mystery dinner we actually started out in the Viking lounge. The story started up there with drinks and hot appetizers and then the whole group went down together to Giovanni's. It was built into the story as I remember.

Great fun....

Terry

It is not raunchy. But it is over the top "corny" that is the intent! That is the focus of the mystery. It is fun! Anyone expecting high drama, or Academy Award winning acting needs to do something else!

The food and the wines are excellent!

If you are lucky to have a lighthearted group, then it is even more fun!!!!

And it is worth the price!!!!!!!!