Prescription Drug In Belize?

bellybutton

Inside the fence. I was able to get a tube of Retin A (for acne and wrinkles) for $15!

I picked up a couple of tubes of that a couple of years ago when we were in Belize. We just didn't have time to look around to see what else was offered.

We picked up ampicillin in Coz, PDC and Belize. I also saw a sign in Belize advertising Viagara 30 for $90 or 1 for $4. Since you only need 1/2 pill, that is $2 a pop. ;) I did the math.

I love this country!!

• 3 weeks later...

My son was just given a prescription for Benzaclin (it's for acne).

It is a cream.

Does anyone know if I can get this in Belize?

We had it filled but I have two refills.

Our cost is $30.00 per perscription.

I looked at the pictures in the previous post and did not see it on any of the signs.

I got Xanax and some very strong diet pills back in 2002.

As a slightly older and wiser person now, I would not recommend buying prescription drugs that are not prescribed for you. The diet pills caused a personality change and brought on symptoms of depression. My dr told me that they can even bring on dementia. Never again. I'd rather be chubby.

The pharmacy I went to was run by an American and was located in the port "mall"

I found several medications we take via prescription in those pictures and the prices are much better than here in the states. Do we know if it is legal to buy them? Any problems getting back on ship or through Customs?

Since this is generic it can be purchased cheaply here. If you go to Walmart or Target you can purchase it for $4 per RX. I do not know if you will save that much based on that price.

Oh wow ... I didnt know it was that cheap ... my dad needs it and his medical insurance just dropped, so I thought I would check it out while I was there.

Archived