Transportation from Orly or CDG to Paris City Center

jfgdbg

What is the cost of a taxi or that type of transportation into the city center of Paris. We are not really interested in taking a train. Or does anyone have information on private car companies in France such as in London to LHR?

What is the cost of a taxi or that type of transportation into the city center of Paris. We are not really interested in taking a train. Or does anyone have information on private car companies in France such as in London to LHR?

There is the Air France Bus which will drop you gnerally at the train stations and other stops and then you can taxi to hotle..probably abotu 20 euro or so pp now.There are shared van bus rides not sure of cost now,but lets say 25 euro pp and then of course taxi(only use the ones at the stands...not the guys as you come out the doors who promise you a great ride in a lux car...you will be taken for a ride as they are gypsy cabs...and will cost now arount 50 to 60 euro for the cab not pp.I have done all 2 and when I fly in I always like to use a cab..well worth the money for me.This is from GDG.I do not know about Orly. There is a thread on this board re transportation intop the city as well.

We did the shared transportation last year and would not do it again. Took to long to get to hotel as there were many drop offs.

This is true,but sometimes one can luck out. However, one time when I did it this way I got to see a lot of places I never would have...like a tour almost...:)

We took a shuttle offered by Viator in Paris. The driver was late; however, he made up for it by stopping at an ATM, so we could get Euros.

We also took their shuttle to Orly. You do need to have phone access to confirm your plans the day before. This time the driver was an hour early for another couple, so we had a delay. We had allowed enough time that it wasn't a problem.

It was a little spotty, but if you can deal with it, it seems to work out.

I think they outsource to Paris Shuttle.

City centre is a big place, so the answer is that "it depends". It also depends on the time of day and how long you have to sit on the Peripherique. I can't remember the amount but it's not outrageous.

For your own sanity, you may feel more comfortable taking the RER from CDG to Gare du Nord or Orly to various stations, then taking a taxi from there to your final destination.

An airport taxi driver should be able to give you a fixed quotation or reasonable estimate before you commit.

Orly is much closer than CDG. As others have pointed out, sometimes the traffic is awful between the airport and the city. I paid close to 100 euros last time, stuck in morning rush hour traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 2 suggestions:

http://www.shuttle-inter.com/

http://en.supershuttle.fr/

It depends if you want a shared shuttle or private transfer and how many people. I booked the private transfer for 3 people and 6 bags, arriving CDG at 1 hour apart.

Quote: "At the scheduled flight, our representative will be waiting to meet

you at the information desk of the terminal 2A with a name board. ( Driver will come for last arriving flight)

2.Rates

Total cost will be 55 Euro for 3 passengers (One way from CDG Airport

to PARIS Hotel ) Private transfer." Unquote

Using a shared shuttle from super shuttle may be less but you may have more stops.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...

Our experience with Super Shuttle was not good. The instructions as to where to meet the shuttle at CDG were vague and confusing and it took us nearly an hour and two telephone calls to the shuttle service to actually meet up with the driver.

On our next visit to Paris we took the RER in to the Notre Dame Metro station and then walked the short distance to our hotel. It was much easier and less stressful.

When it comes to returning to the airport we have always had our hotel arrange for car service. That is about the same price as a taxi and has worked well for us.

We took the Roissy Bus which makes three stops in CDG Airport to "opera" right near Galleries Lafayette for 11 Euro per person . The bus leaves every 15 minutes and was very quick. You can then take the metro or a short cab ride to you hotel.