Clever Idea to Book $1 Deposit

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:02 PM.
Suwanee & Ellijay, Georgia
775 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by Eagle_and_hawk
I am just wondering which one is correct. I would think the passenger's contract should be, just never seen this before.

May try to call Princess when they open if I get a chance & can get through to them to see what they say.
I just hung up the phone with Princess, and was told this $100 cancellation fee was not correct that they originally sent me. It does follow what is in the passenge contract that the most you would lose is the deposit. They are suppose to be sending me a revised confirmation and/or a note, showing that $100 cancellation fee is not applicable.

It sounds like the IT department, changed the deposit amount to be $1, but not the cancellation schedule in the email confirmations, or maybe they did later in the morning, and I had booked before the change was in. Could explain why some others did not see it.

Once I get the revised email from them, I will try and post it here.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David & Ellen
-----------------------------------------

Coral Princess 3/2018 - Panama Canal
Coral Princess 8/2017 - Alaska Southbound
Caribbean Princess 2/2017 - Western Caribbean ......... Review & Pics ............
Coral Princess 2/2016 - Panama Canal ......... Review & Pics .............
Emerald Princess 11/2015 - Western Caribbean
Vision Of the Seas 6/2014 - Western Caribbean
Coral Princess 2/2014 - Panama Canal
Sapphire Princess 9/2013 - Alaska
Golden Princess 9/2012 - Alaska
Golden Princess 9/2011 - Alaska
Celebrity Century 2/2009 - Caribbean
295 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by Eagle_and_hawk
I just hung up the phone with Princess, and was told this $100 cancellation fee was not correct that they originally sent me. It does follow what is in the passenge contract that the most you would lose is the deposit. They are suppose to be sending me a revised confirmation and/or a note, showing that $100 cancellation fee is not applicable.

It sounds like the IT department, changed the deposit amount to be $1, but not the cancellation schedule in the email confirmations, or maybe they did later in the morning, and I had booked before the change was in. Could explain why some others did not see it.

Once I get the revised email from them, I will try and post it here.
I hope this is true! I read the passenger contract when I booked this 30 minutes ago and this $100 fee was not noted anywhere that I read. I just saw the $100 per person cancellation fee and am LIVID. on hold with them now. It lists today as the day by which to cancel so I am hoping I can cancel without penalty if true.
It's totally bait and switch if true.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
HAL Koningsdam November 9 - November 13, 2016
Disney Dream April 29-May 2, 2016
Regal Princess November 3-8, 2015
Disney Dream February 27, 2014
Disney Magic November 6, 2013
Disney Dream November 2012
Video "trip report" of sorts here: http://youtu.be/zoUStVx3mq4
Norwegian Pearl November 2010
285 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Hi again, just got off the phone with Princess. I guess it pays to keep asking. Regardless of the Red White and Blue promotion, the deposit requested is $1 and the cancellation would be $1. This apparently over rules the non-refundable $100. attached to that special. I asked repeatedly and received the same answer from Princess. I made the booking .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE 2 - 1983- TA
Star Princess - 1991- Pacific Coastal
Zaandam-2007-Pacific Coastal
Volendam - 2008- Panama Canal
Oosterdam - 2009-TA
Queen Mary 2 -2009-TA
Island Princess - 2010-Pacific Coastal
Golden Princess - 2012-Hawaii
Prinsendam - 2012- Black Sea
Queen Mary 2 - 2013-TA
Princess Ruby - 2013- Med.
Volendam - 2014 - Alaska
Star Princess - 2015 - Mexico
Oosterdam - 2015 - Alaska
Volendam-2016-Asia
Portland
179 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Originally posted by cherylandtk
My booking confirmation does not show the $100 immediate penalty for cancelation; it does show the usual 10% starting the day after final payment is due.
I booked today under the $1 deposit deal and my email confirmation shows the same as yours...with the 10% starting the day after final contact. But when I read the passage contract it says that the cancellation fee should be no more than the deposit amount which should be the $1 and not 10% of fare.

I called Princess about the discrepancy and the agent told me that what is printed is automatic and I'd have to contact customer relations.
285 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by mthomp5

I called Princess about the discrepancy and the agent told me that what is printed is automatic and I'd have to contact customer relations.

I received my confirmation and it included the $100 canc. fee, despite my conversation with agent to the contrary.

I called Princess back AGAIN and they assured me it IS combinable ($1 deposit and RWand B sale). The agent would not send me an email confirming this, but she did make a note on my reservation file. I guess I just keep my fingers crossed at this point...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE 2 - 1983- TA
Star Princess - 1991- Pacific Coastal
Zaandam-2007-Pacific Coastal
Volendam - 2008- Panama Canal
Oosterdam - 2009-TA
Queen Mary 2 -2009-TA
Island Princess - 2010-Pacific Coastal
Golden Princess - 2012-Hawaii
Prinsendam - 2012- Black Sea
Queen Mary 2 - 2013-TA