MSC Divina for a family cruise? Any reviews?

TEGL

I'm looking for some reviews for the MCS Divina ship. We are looking at sailing on this ship in the Fall with our 3.5 year old son (who is autistic). We have never heard of MSC cruise line and know nothing about it but our travel agent wanted us to look into it as she found a great deal for us for a 7-night sailing to the Caribbean.

Last Fall we sailed on RCCL Oasis, it was amazing and so kid friendly. We booked another cruise in January 2018 for RCCL sister ship Anthem but will are unable to go since my husband will be in Iraq over the dates we are due to sail so we are looking into Plan B.

All the kids stuff the Disney, RCCL, and Carnival offer is amazing for our little one but not a must, he has more fun at the pools and in the water than anything else. He loves the carousel but I know thats a hard one to get on ships. We don't utilize the kids camp other than maybe one night so we can attend an Adult-Only comedy show. Does this ship have any babysitting or kids camp? Would it be fitting for a family vacation, especially with a 3.5 year old super busy/active boy?

Hi, we just returned home a week ago after spending one week aboard Divina in the Western Caribbean.

Our daughter is just 2.5 years old, but here are my impressions:

Staff is super Kids friendly.

There is a miniclub starting at Age 3 that also has evening activities, I cannot say what else is offered for this agegroup as we were still to small.

There are 3 pools (4 if you are in yachtclub), that can be used, however the adult pool in the aft is really for adults and was pretty busy on seadays. The midship pools are open to all People that are pottytrained.

My daughter loved the italian icecream as well as the soft-icecream available poolside. Lunch in the buffet went really well as there is a seperate (small) offering for Kids with e.g. fishfingers, as Pizza and French fries are available nearly all the time, dd never went hungry.

We ate dinner in the MDR, where they offer a seperate menu for the Kids, however we also ordered of the regular menu for her with slight changes, e.g. no sauce with the duck...

The Theater Shows are Music and artistic centered as they cater to a multi-Lingual audience. We (all 3 of us) hat a blast. We sat on deck 7, at the side, where there are glass Panels seperating the rows, so dd had a great view while dancing and bouncing around in our aisle.

There is a toyshop / sweetsshop on board that offers quite a lot of lego if that is of interest to you, I advise to go early in the cruise as they have less on offer later in the week.

We bought the 100 Picture package which turned out to 100 Pictures of our choice for 100 Dollars. A real bargain and the photo Crew was absolutely amazing with dd.

That´s it for the time being. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.