Hotels in Seattle

hunzabunz

Hi,

Been a long time since on this board but DH and I are planning 2 week Alaska on the Amsterdam for our 30th. Did this cruise for our 25th and stayed at a Holiday Inn pre-cruise. It was fine enough but wasn't to happy with service to cruise and on day of leaving, the airport drop off. We're looking to find a hotel that not only picks you up at airport but will deliver you to ship on sail day and on return from cruise, will pick you up from port to take you to the hotel to stay another night before heading home the day after cruise.

Any ideas out there? Certainly would appreciate it.

Nan

(Hunzabunz)

We have always used "AlreadyThereTownCar" to get from the airport to a hotel, to the ship and at the end from the ship to a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle for us to use the next morning.

We have stayed at several different hotels down town and none had shuttle from airport to hotel or hotel to ship.

Hi,

Been a long time since on this board but DH and I are planning 2 week Alaska on the Amsterdam for our 30th. Did this cruise for our 25th and stayed at a Holiday Inn pre-cruise. It was fine enough but wasn't to happy with service to cruise and on day of leaving, the airport drop off. We're looking to find a hotel that not only picks you up at airport but will deliver you to ship on sail day and on return from cruise, will pick you up from port to take you to the hotel to stay another night before heading home the day after cruise.

Any ideas out there? Certainly would appreciate it.

Nan

(Hunzabunz)

You should go to the Alaska board. There's an abundance of information there.

However, we've sailed from Seattle quite a few times. I'm not aware of a hotel that provides the transportation you describe. We always arrange for a car.

B

Another vote for "Already There." Perfect name because they show up quickly. We used them for transportation from the airport to our hotel. The instructions were to call when we had our baggage and tell them what door to be at. By the time we were out the door, a short walk, the car was approaching.

Some hotels offer a car service for a fee. Inn at the Market does this, and we used it on our last trip. But it's just a car service they do business with, not a car of their own. Already There was better. Next trip we'll use them again.

If you want car service included in the price, look at the very high-end hotels. They might offer it.

We have always used "AlreadyThereTownCar" to get from the airport to a hotel, to the ship and at the end from the ship to a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle for us to use the next morning.

We have stayed at several different hotels down town and

none had shuttle from airport to hotel or hotel to ship.

KK - Because of your (and others) recommendation of AlreadyThereTownCar, mum and I have booked them for this July re: SeaTac hotel to pier and pier to SEATAC. Same price as a taxi so......

You should go to the Alaska board. There's an abundance of information there.

However, we've sailed from Seattle quite a few times. I'm not aware of a hotel that provides the transportation you describe. We always arrange for a car.

B

The far better place would be the West Coast Departures board. Seattle is covered there. Seattle is not in Alaska.

Sailed from Seattle several times and agree with others that it is rare to have hotel shuttle to port or airport. I too have used "Already There" for car service several times and was pleased!

Since the original poster was asking about Seattle hotels, I can say that last year we much enjoyed the Crown Plaza, downtown, for our arrival on the Saturday before a Sunday cruise.

While jet-lagged, we made it to Nordstrom's semi-annual sale (the main downtown store was about two blocks from the hotel). We ran out of steam Saturday around 5PM, cabbed back to the hotel and had a pleasant, casual dinner in the bar. Next morning had a nice buffet breakfast before heading to the ship.

The hotel concierge set up our car-service, to include meeting us at the airport; and on Sunday, taking us to the port. It was at an extra cost, but all arranged without any "drama".

The hotel itself was fine--comfortable, large room and a nice view. Decent food and beverage service. Hope this assists.

I have never heard of a Seattle hotel that has both a shuttle to the hotel from the airport, and a shuttle from the hotel to the pier. You may find either, but not both.

When I sail from Seattle, I come in the day before, and stay at the Airport Hilton. They have a free shuttle from the airport, a comfortable stay w/a decent restaurant, and make arrangements for a car to the port the next morning. The car is always about the same price as a taxi would be.

Just returned from Seattle yesterday. We stayed at the Hampton Inn airport hotel on 28th Street. It was more than fine. There was dining within walking distance, they also had free transportation to and from a few restaurants. They had a free airport shuttle and offered a reasonably priced transfer service to the cruise port, and a transfer to the airport after the cruise. The cost was $14 per person each way. Transfer to the port was offered at 11:15 and 12:15, times to airport was 9 or 11AM. More than served our needs.

Uber!

I was going to suggest Uber, but I wasn't not sure if they're allowed to pick up at the airport. In the NYC area, the airports tried to block Uber from the properties to protect the taxis and limos. How do Uber fares from the airport to downtown compare with taxis or car services?

We've had good luck with Uber locally and at FLL. There were loads of people at our hotel waiting their turn at the shuttle to the port at $20 pp. Our Uber showed up faster and cost about $10 for both of us.

• 3 months later...
Just returned from Seattle yesterday. We stayed at the Hampton Inn airport hotel on 28th Street. It was more than fine. There was dining within walking distance' date=' they also had free transportation to and from a few restaurants. They had a free airport shuttle and offered a reasonably priced transfer service to the cruise port, and a transfer to the airport after the cruise. The cost was $14 per person each way. Transfer to the port was offered at 11:15 and 12:15, times to airport was 9 or 11AM. More than served our needs.[/quote']

THANK YOU! This is just what we are looking for, I think. Not cruising till May 2018, but need to get the ducks in a row and get the travel insurance in place within a week or two....

Just returned from Seattle yesterday. We stayed at the Hampton Inn airport hotel on 28th Street. It was more than fine. There was dining within walking distance' date=' they also had free transportation to and from a few restaurants. They had a free airport shuttle and offered a reasonably priced transfer service to the cruise port, and a transfer to the airport after the cruise. The cost was $14 per person each way. Transfer to the port was offered at 11:15 and 12:15, times to airport was 9 or 11AM. More than served our needs.[/quote']

Just a quick note of explanation for the OP and others who may think of this hotel. I have not stayed there, and would trust Cruiz'nBaers' recommendation for it and the transportation, but if you were to look for 28th Street in Seattle, it would not show on Google maps or probably on GPS. The hotel address is 19445 International Boulevard, and is near 28th Avenue South, very near the SeaTac Airport.

Dave

Just a quick note of explanation for the OP and others who may think of this hotel. I have not stayed there, and would trust Cruiz'nBaers' recommendation for it and the transportation, but if you were to look for 28th Street in Seattle, it would not show on Google maps or probably on GPS. The hotel address is 19445 International Boulevard, and is near 28th Avenue South, very near the SeaTac Airport.

Dave

Actually there are TWO different Hampton Inns near Seatac and one of them IS on 28th. The address of that Hampton Inn is 18850 28th Ave.

We did an Alaskan cruise last year and our HAL PCC set us up at the Hilton Hotel Downtown. We also used the Shuttle Service that HAL provides or at least contracts out. The shuttle picked us up at SEATAC took us to the hotel with a group of about 10 others. There was an agent with a sign looking for us at the airport and directed us straight to the shuttle. The shuttle picked us up the next day at the hotel to go to the Port and after the cruise when we disembarked took us to direct to the Airport for our return flight.

We were very happy with this service but I'm sure we paid a little more for it. We could have taken a taxi etc but the service provided was excellent.