Vision of the Seas photos - Post Revitalization

LMaxwell

The new Diamond Club looks very nice

Have an old brochure (2012-2013). It shows the Concierge Club as being on Deck 8, midships.

Now, (according to website's deck plans), it is off the Viking Crown Lounge.

Also, the old brochure shows a large library on Deck 7

LMAXWELL: Are you 1/2 hour from Port Everglades also?!

The Concierge Club is now up on the Viking Crown Lounge on the port side.

I think Deck 7 is all cabins now; I can not recall public venues on 7.

I do indeed live 1/2 hour from PE, I am in Boca off of Glades Rd.

Were there an adequate number of stationary bikes and treadmills in the fitness room? Or was there a wait for them in the AM? Where did they put the Diamond Lounge? A well stocked library?

GYM: Adequate for number of people actually using the gym... only one morning (the first) was there maybe a 5-10min wait. I worked out 7 of 12 days on board... 2 excellent/difficult stairmasters, 5 elipticals, 6 treadmills, I think only 1 stationary bike.

Diamond Lounge: Perectly explained by previous posters and excellent pictures. The name of the Concierge is "Efren" and he is an awesome host and extremely helpful, one of the best! Personally, I think the position of this lounge was a major mistake on this refit... the deck plan on-line is what the Rhapsody currently is (I was on her in Sept) and that Diamond Lounge is soooooo much nicer with the aft view and full floor-to-ceiling picture windows of the lounge. Previous poster is right... approx same number of seating, but never ever a place I would want to hang out in, a very non-special boring room compared to all other areas of the ship.

Library: Never used but walked by often enough... in the centrum between Ben&Jerry's and the Photo Studio on deck 6. It's a bank of glass cabinetry on the wall.

Here's 2 pics of the gym and 1 of the LIbrary :)

129623749_VisionGym1.jpg.94fddaaa33c885d6336360572c19fa48.jpg

1869467453_VisionGym2.jpg.ed375c1e7dc7e8568b8c318fac9c482c.jpg

1149427687_VisionLibray.jpg.0836b8939c2ff1d8c102019875926040.jpg

Those deck plans are totally wrong. I've been on the ship since the diamond lounge was put it. It's just inside the door going into the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge. It's not at the aft of the ship as shown. Go just past Giovanni's Table, through the doors and it's on the left, requiring no walking through the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge at all. It's the best placement they've done. People can go in and out during the day without having to walk through Bingo of the ParkWest Art auctions.

I heard someone this week claim it's smaller than those diamond lounges that are put at the aft in the corner. I don't think theres a difference or at least not much. It's just shaped more rectangular but not overly narrow. I have some good pictures I can try to post. It used to be so much easier to do it when Tapatalk was newer and better.

Gina

I loved where they put the lounges on Legend. Just aft of the Centrum on deck 9. Very convenient to the suites.

I didn't know they did Legend differently than the other Vision class ships. Do you know where we can see pictures of this lounge placement?

I don't have photos, but the deck plan is accurate:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/LG/2013-feb/lg_deck09_v2013_feb.pdf

Splendour was the exact twin of Legend, and Splendour was the first to be refurbished. On Splendour, they carved areas out of the forward lounge (Top Hat) on deck 5 for the CL and DL. Apparently, they decided to do it differently on Legend.

We were in a JS on deck 8 near the centrum on Legend for the TA and found the CL location very convenient.

I don't have photos, but the deck plan is accurate:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/LG/2013-feb/lg_deck09_v2013_feb.pdf

Splendour was the exact twin of Legend, and Splendour was the first to be refurbished. On Splendour, they carved areas out of the forward lounge (Top Hat) on deck 5 for the CL and DL. Apparently, they decided to do it differently on Legend.

We were in a JS on deck 8 near the centrum on Legend for the TA and found the CL location very convenient.

Nice. Rest rooms close by, too. What a concept. :) I would love to see real pictures. They look so tiny on the deck plans but I realize deck plans are deceiving. How did they feel in real life as far as spaciousness?

Gina

Nice. Rest rooms close by, too. What a concept. :) I would love to see real pictures. They look so tiny on the deck plans but I realize deck plans are deceiving. How did they feel in real life as far as spaciousness?

Gina

Not the most spacious lounges we've been in, but not the worst. It felt bigger than the original CL on Radiance Class. I'm guessing it held more people than the CL on Voyager/Freedom, but only because it didn't have the large couches in those lounges, so they could fit more chairs.

• 2 weeks later...
They did not add the Freestyle machines. We were rather spoiled by them on Enchantment.

I'm glad we tried it out. Now I'm debating about switching our March 2014 to a Vision of the Seas 7 nighter out of Tampa.

What are your dates in March 2014? We are on Vision on 22 March! :)

Giovannis Table

Image87_zps130d3fc5.jpg

Image88_zpsd8b89ba6.jpg

Image89_zps853f0d40.jpg

Image90_zpseac1eff6.jpg

Image91_zps1ce7ea40.jpg

Image92_zpsad695cb3.jpg

Nice photos thanks for posting. I'm going to be on the Splendour Of The Seas in April from Brazil(Santos)-Barcelona so I guess the Vision looks like the Splendour with some minor differences am I correct? I hope the Splendour has new furniture in the staterooms.

• 2 weeks later...
These Pics are awesome. Quick question on the cabin, was it an outside view or Panaromanic outside view? I have a Panaramic cabin in May and am curious as to how it would look.

This was on deck 2; category I cabin. #2580.

I think deck 2 has smaller windows than other standard oceanview cabins but I may be wrong about that. Google Image search: Panoramic Ocean view Royal Caribbean and you will get a number of results of photos from real guests and not just brochure shots. Those Panoramic view cabins look great to me.

Continuing on; some of the Ben & Jerrys / Coffee shop on Deck 6. I like "regular" coffee, so the stuff upstairs suits me fine, and I think paying for ice cream on a ship full of deserts is ludicrous, so I blew right threw this area once just to have a look see. The cookies/cakes are free IF you purchase a coffee and looked quite nice. Coffee-drink prices seems pretty reasonable but I do not have a photo of the menu prices unfortunately or remember them either.

This is on Deck 6; starboard side. You can see the photo gallery on the left hand side. There is a "book nook" in the middle.

You DO NOT have to buy coffee or tea to get any of the pastries in the case. You can simply walk up & ask for any of them. They are free.

Edited by skypig

You DO NOT have to buy coffee or tea to get any of the pastries in the case. You can simply walk up & ask for any of them. They are free.

That was what I had believed as well but was told differently when I asked. Maybe because it was a 2 day cruise? Perhaps just a new employee not familiar with the rules? It has been explained to me on other ships the baked items are complimentary and only the beverages have a cost.

That was what I had believed as well but was told differently when I asked. Maybe because it was a 2 day cruise? Perhaps just a new employee not familiar with the rules? It has been explained to me on other ships the baked items are complimentary and only the beverages have a cost.

Wow....not sure why you were told that. I was on the Vision TA right before that & several times I got the baked goods from there without buying anything. Granted I did make good use of purchasing coffee several times also but not always. When I was on the Enchantment in April I did the same thing. ????? :confused:

Just curious..does anyone know if there is a place to print off boarding passes the night before getting off if we don't have an internet package?

To my knowledge, only Oasis and Allure have kiosks to print boarding passes for free. Other ships would require you to purchase internet access to print your boarding passes.

I'll throw some keywords at the top here so that in the future hopefully people can find this as a reference. These photos were taken on 11/11/13 - 11/13/13 just after a revitalization of the ship was completed in October 2013. (other keywords: dry dock, rejuvenation, re-decorating, rehabilitation, new venues)

I took way more photos than I even thought I would; so bear with me as I will post them in small sets of areas. I do not have every area photographed but this should still be helpful to anyone considering the ship.

That said; let's knock out the stateroom first.

Cabin: 2580 - Outside View - I believe these rooms are new or heavily heavily rehabilitated. It still had a "new" smell.

Notes: Starboard side - About 5 cabins ahead of rear bank of elevators. Near silent cabin. No odd sounds. Room is absolutely spotless.

New Samsung Flat Screen TV's. There is a photo of the different ports and inputs on the TV, but I don't know if they are disabled or not. Yes the TV is on an articulating arm and can face the sofa or the bed easily.

Closet includes tons of wooden hangers for both shirts and pants (with the clips). Personal flotation devices are in the closet

A bunch of room service order forms near the door, but no pen in the room. :confused: . No fridge/cool box. Yes there is a safe. It was the touchpad variety for the combination. No I did not use it. I do not own an iPad so don't know if one would fit.

Blackout curtains excellent. REALLY effective at blacking out the room to sleep.

Bathroom has good amount of storage; there are also opening cabinets to the right of the vanity and shelves with little sea rails on them. 4 hooks on back of the bathroom door. Water pressure, excellent. Temperature control, excellent. Never had an issue with the toilet. Note: All you get amenity wise is two small bars of soap. There is a soap dish by the sink and one in the shower. The showed head can be raised / lowered, pivoted, removed from holder (hand held). Pretty standard stuff but worth a mention.

I asked nothing of the room steward (did not even meet him until departure morning) and on the second night I left the do not disturb sign up when I went out as I didn't need anything and thought it would be one less room for him to have to turn down. That said, the evening service the first night, and day service the second day was just as expected. (This was a 2 day cruise)

I'd take this room again. When I got back on the ship I went up the stairs and was at my room in under a minute for sure. Very quiet. I think deck 2 OV cabins have smaller windows than other decks but they were not "small" really and let in a ton of light. Not sure I'd trade to get a bigger window but potentially be underneath public venues by moving up to deck 3.

More will follow later this evening

Image44_zps70e66651.jpg

Image45_zps10e02cb0.jpg

Image46_zpsd7527c8d.jpg

Image47_zps5e3df3a8.jpg

What happened to the photos? :confused:

They still open... click on them. As far as I can tell they only open one at a time

When I click on the photos, it takes me to another page.

http://s828.photobucket.com/user/lainemaxwell/media/HP/visionresized/Image45_zps10e02cb0.jpg.html

The photo is the same as it appears on this page NOTHING. I must signin before I know if I can see the photos. I'm not interested in that! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the concierge club hours are on the Vision of the Seas Spanish immersion cruise? I know that dinner is not until 9:30 pm which is later than most other cruises, so I would think the club hours would be adjusted--but just thought I would ask to see if anyone has any information

Thanks so much!