Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > SeaDream Yacht Club

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

SeaDream Yacht Club Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Ephesus Tour Recommendation in Kusadasi

My wife and I will be sailing on the Sea Dream II from May 29 – June 5, and we will be in Kusadasi on May 31. We’re considering arranging a private tour of Ephesus, but we’ve read really mixed reviews of the tours. We’ve read several stories of people being forced to go to shopping for rugs, ceramics (and so on) after their tours, and we really don’t want to do that. Some tours get conflicting reviews online—for example, some people swear by Ekol, but others say Ekol forced them to sit through an hour-long rug presentation. So, we thought we’d ask people on the Sea Dream board for their recommendations. Can anyone recommend a tour company that did not make them go shopping? Are there any tour companies that you would especially recommend?

Old May 2nd, 2010, 04:15 PM
10,000+ Club

Keep in mind if you are arranging a truely private tour that you decide where you go, not the guide. So if you don't want to shop then don't. If you read the Port of Call boards, as I'm sure you have, you will see that EKOL is highly regarded. We have them booked the week before for Ephesus.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the post. Our concern is that some people have reported booking private tours and still being pressured into shopping, visiting a relative's rug shop, et. EKOL does get fairly good reviews on this message board but we were concerned by some of the posts we have seen on other forums (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...ean_Coast.html for example).

Dan

Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Tour in Ephesus

You might try Kagan Kosagan. We are booked with him May 27. He's extremely professional to deal with. This is my first time using him, but there are a number of recommendations for him on the various boards, and he is very responsive to all kinds of questions.

Old May 4th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3M inMiami View Post
You might try Kagan Kosagan. We are booked with him May 27. He's extremely professional to deal with. This is my first time using him, but there are a number of recommendations for him on the various boards, and he is very responsive to all kinds of questions.
Thanks - I e-mailed him last night and will check him out.

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:54 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3M inMiami View Post
Welcome to the boards. Are you on SDII with us that week? If so we look forward to meeting you. If not please give us a report on your journeys when you get a chance.

Old May 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes we are on SD II that week and my wife, Robyn, and I both look forward to meeting you.

Dan

Old May 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zqvol View Post
Welcome to the boards. Are you on SDII with us that week? If so we look forward to meeting you. If not please give us a report on your journeys when you get a chance.
ZQVOL: Hello, yes...we are on the six day cruise departing May 23. I've been lurking here for nearly a year just soaking this in from time to time, and here we are...almost ready to go!

Old May 4th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Likes like you will be leaving as we are boarding since we don't depart till the 29th.

Old May 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by swassbac View Post
Likes like you will be leaving as we are boarding since we don't depart till the 29th.
We are on both, first time doing a back to back!

Old May 4th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

That's great - I'm jealous. I look forwarding to hearing about your experiences on the way out when we meet you on the half way point of your trip.

Old May 4th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

BTW, We would not be averse to sharing our private tour with another SD couple on May 27, assuming there are some folks out there who still have not yet booked for Ephesus.