Orchestra April 25- Bermuda Cruise

snookymom

We just returned from our cruise this afternoon & it was wonderful. Unlike a lot of others our only experience has been on this ship. We went on the shakedown cruise in Jan. & we could not believe how much things had improved. We were on the ship in 20 min, our cabin was ready- 9054. We knew how big it was & that our balcony would have an obstructed view on one side so ther were no surprises. The room was spotless & kept that way. Our towels were changed 3 times a day. Washcloths appeared on the second day & were kept restocked. Our ice bucket was filled twice a day, coffee delivered every morning when we requested it.

We had early dinner in the Ibiscus dining room, our table for 6 had a bench seat in the back which we did not care for. Our waiter, Agoud & Novri (both from Bali) his assistant couldn't have been any more attentive. They both has a sense of humor & seemed to care if we liked our food. My DH weighs a little more thanks to them. I did not find the deserts that great but did eat one every night.

We loved the shows, but would have liked a live band to back them up. We even went to & enjoyed a classical piano concert by Mauro Bertolino, unfortunately there is a time limit on how long they can play! The shows were very crowded, but people didn't seem to mind getting there an hour early to get a seat .

The ship was full but there were always chairs avaliable at the pool or on deck 14. Some of the activities during the day didn't interest us but we always found something to do. I never did see anything that would have appealed to a teen though.

The entertainment team seemed to care if we had a good time. They seemed to be on their feet from early morning until alte at night. They said they work 6mos. then go home for a vacatin for 2 mos.

We didn't know about the Baked Alaska parade but found it very impressive as well as delicious. The midnight buffet was spectacular as well as delicious. Wish we would have had those deserts every night.

We listened to my CC friends & ate in the back of the buffet for breakfast & lunch. I tried some things that I never would have ordered from a menu. Most were enjoyable. Hopefully the "waffle guy" will be ringing our doorbell at 8am tomorrow.

The ship was full & many o four fellow passengers needed lessons in elevator manners as well as patience.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves & would not hesitate to recommend MSC to our friends.

How was Bermuda? The weather?

We took this same itinerary two years ago on Costa Magica. We were so lucky. The cruise before us had terrible weather and were only in Bermuda one day because they couldn't dock when they were supposed to. And since there's nowhere else to go, they just circled Bermuda all day waiting for good weather.:(

New week was us, and we were fortunate to have beautiful weather!

We were on the same cruise and had a marvelous time. The weather in Bermuda the last week of April could not have been better - unless you really wanted to spend time swimming in the ocean. It was high 60's to low 70's and the ocean water was much cooler than that. I got in for a bit, but it was so chilly my husband just laid on the beach and read a book...I know, tough life! The beaches along the southern shore are absolutely the most beautiful I've ever been to with powdery soft and clean sand. This is truely the spot for a beach vacation! Just wish we had more time as we didn't get to see everything we planned on. Great cruise though!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Margie, I found your review,great, thanks for posting! How many days were you docked in Bermuda? I see you're sailing on Carnival in 10 months, I will be very interested in hearing your comparison of MSC and Carnival. See you back in Float Away!

Hi Margie, I found your review,great, thanks for posting! How many days were you docked in Bermuda? I see you're sailing on Carnival in 10 months, I will be very interested in hearing your comparison of MSC and Carnival. See you back in Float Away!

Sue it wasn't long enough! We arrived around 6:30 on Monday & left on Wednesday around 4. I could easily have skipped the time in Nassau for more time in Bermuda. I'll let you know how we enjoy Carnival- we wanted to avoid the 4hr drive to Ft. Lauderdale & this one leaves from Canaveral- 1hr.

Archived