Most cost effective way to get to grand case from port?

eastwestmom

Found someone to do a boat tour but he is in Grand Case. So now have to get all 13 of us to Grand Case without breaking the bank. Minivan prices online seem expensive. Ideas? City bus won't work fyi.

I think taxis would be cheaper than renting 2 minivans and you don't have to worry about driving. Recently it was $25 for 1 or 2 people each way and cheaper as the number rose. So I would figure on $15 each way per person. It's quite far. Takes about 45 minutes and distance rather than traffic is the main reason.

I think taxis would be cheaper than renting 2 minivans and you don't have to worry about driving. Recently it was $25 for 1 or 2 people each way and cheaper as the number rose. So I would figure on $15 each way per person. It's quite far. Takes about 45 minutes and distance rather than traffic is the main reason.

At $15 per person each way (which sounds about right) OP would be looking at just under $400 to get to where the boat tour starts. With that sort of cost up front, I would suggest that he might want to think about a tour based in Phillipsburg.

At $15 per person each way (which sounds about right) OP would be looking at just under $400 to get to where the boat tour starts. With that sort of cost up front, I would suggest that he might want to think about a tour based in Phillipsburg.

Yes I agree with you. A boat trip starting at Dock Maarten or Bobby's Marina would be ideal OP. Even if it starts at the Simpson Bay Lagoon the bus would only be $2 pp each way and a taxi would cost about $7 pp each way.

I think that the taxi rate to Grand Case from P'Burg should be on the order of $25 for the first two passengers and then $5 per additional.

That would make it $80 each way.

My numbers may be a little dated, but I'm pretty sure that they're close.

gary

I think that the taxi rate to Grand Case from P'Burg should be on the order of $25 for the first two passengers and then $5 per additional.

That would make it $80 each way.

My numbers may be a little dated, but I'm pretty sure that they're close.

gary

There are 13 people so wouldn't they need 2 minivan taxis to start?

If we calculate $25 for the first 4 that's $50 and $5 each for the other 9 that equals $95 each way. That would equal about $7.50 each way.

Maho and Orient are much closer and I think Orient in a full van is about that and maho is a little more.

If everyone is in one van with the above price then it would cost $25 for the first 2 and $55 for the rest which equals $80. Are there still 13 passenger taxis available? The cost then would be less than $6.25 a person. That is very inexpensive for the distance.

It's early for a math problem but I think I think I got it right.:D