Warning about shareholder benefit lead time

Dena

They now want two weeks instead of one. I send my forms in 12 days before the cruise and it was taken care of in 8 days. Perhaps they have reduced their office workforce. Just a warning not to cut things too close.

A couple of personal experiences...

First cruise after purchasing shares of CCL, no problems at all. I sent it in, and Liza responded and it was there when I boarded.

On a cruise last year, I sent in the paperwork for the shareholder OBC, and never heard back from them. I sent a couple of emails and asked my TA to contact as well. The TA heard back that it was applied, but they never responded to me. I get onboard, and the OBC is not there. It took 4 days of conversations and me getting a current copy of my statement showing the ownership, but I got it applied while on the cruise.

We have an upcoming cruise on the Grand, which I paid in full in April. I sent in my information for the shareholder OBC and got a confirmation email the next day that it had been applied to my account. Now, with the cruise upcoming in 3 weeks I sent another email asking for verification that the OBC was still there and have not heard back... I'm taking my documentation with me this time instead of having to use internet minutes and print charges to get it confirmed...

This would be so much easier if they would add it to your OBC that shows up in your personalizer. I don't know why they don't do that.

Mike

How does this work? Maybe I want to buy some Princess stock?

You get the OBC on Princess and all the other cruise lines owned by Carnival Corp. These include Carnival, HAL, Cunard, Costa and others. Here is the link to the Carnival Corp web page that explains it.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9ODQyMTd8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Its Carnival Stock - CCL - you get a credit if you own 100 shares - benefit ranges from $50 to $250 depending on length of cruise. I have lost $1000 on stock so far but have had almost that much in credits so its almost a wash.

Don't forget it pays a dividend also which helps offset some of the losses.

How does this work? Maybe I want to buy some Princess stock?
It's not Princess stock. Princess is owned by Carnival Corporation & Plc, a holding company (not Carnival Cruise Lines) that owns a number of cruise lines, including Princess, HAL, Seabourne, Cunard, Carnival, etc. Here's a link to the information about the OBC and how to get it: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTA5ODY5fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

As with a lot of stocks, the price of Carnival Corp. shares are down again, flirting with $30 a share. I figure I'm in it for many more years, so the price doesn't really worry me--though it did feel good when it was trading higher than I paid for my shares.

A couple of personal experiences...

First cruise after purchasing shares of CCL, no problems at all. I sent it in, and Liza responded and it was there when I boarded.

On a cruise last year, I sent in the paperwork for the shareholder OBC, and never heard back from them. I sent a couple of emails and asked my TA to contact as well. The TA heard back that it was applied, but they never responded to me. I get onboard, and the OBC is not there. It took 4 days of conversations and me getting a current copy of my statement showing the ownership, but I got it applied while on the cruise.

We have an upcoming cruise on the Grand, which I paid in full in April. I sent in my information for the shareholder OBC and got a confirmation email the next day that it had been applied to my account. Now, with the cruise upcoming in 3 weeks I sent another email asking for verification that the OBC was still there and have not heard back... I'm taking my documentation with me this time instead of having to use internet minutes and print charges to get it confirmed...

This would be so much easier if they would add it to your OBC that shows up in your personalizer. I don't know why they don't do that.

Mike

On my Personaliser, the OBC is shown on the Balance/Statement page.

On my Personaliser, the OBC is shown on the Balance/Statement page.

Hansi, could you pinpoint where exactly did you find this OBC info? Is it in Princess Captian's Circle login, under the "Circle Savings"? I could see my account summary containing the future cruise deposit info and the OBC related to that here. Can't see shoreholder's benefit OBC yet.

Using the Cruise Persolizer, I could not see any OBC info at all. Just travel summary, booked shore excursions and luggage tags. Thanks.

Hansi, could you pinpoint where exactly did you find this OBC info? Is it in Princess Captian's Circle login, under the "Circle Savings"? I could see my account summary containing the future cruise deposit info and the OBC related to that here. Can't see shoreholder's benefit OBC yet.

Using the Cruise Persolizer, I could not see any OBC info at all. Just travel summary, booked shore excursions and luggage tags. Thanks.

If you booked through a TA, you will not have a Balance/Statement section on your Personalizer. I don't beleive any OBC is documented in your Personalizer if you have booked through a TA.

If you booked through a TA, you will not have a Balance/Statement section on your Personalizer. I don't beleive any OBC is documented in your Personalizer if you have booked through a TA.

It does not show up anywhere in my personalizer, and I did book through a TA and perhaps that is why, but why is that? It shows my FCC's and I booked through a TA to use those, why not display the shareholder credit, I didn't purchase that through the TA?

Anyway, I learned my lesson, as mentioned previously in this thread, I will take my confirmation email from Princess about the credit being added, as well as a current statement from my broker. No messing around this time.... They should display it in the personalizer though, no reason not to.

Mike

We are currently on the Golden, boarded on Wed 11/23. We submitted both military and shareholder obc paperwork in Sept and received confirmation on both from Princess, yet neither is showing up on the onboard account. This is the first time we have had this problem. Fortunately, I have copies of all the paperwork, which they have made a copy of and are sending an email to corporate. The corporate office is closed until Monday because of the holiday so it will be early next week before we find out what is going on.

So my suggestion is take copies of all your obc requests with you!

We are currently on the Golden, boarded on Wed 11/23. We submitted both military and shareholder obc paperwork in Sept and received confirmation on both from Princess, yet neither is showing up on the onboard account. This is the first time we have had this problem. Fortunately, I have copies of all the paperwork, which they have made a copy of and are sending an email to corporate. The corporate office is closed until Monday because of the holiday so it will be early next week before we find out what is going on.

So my suggestion is take copies of all your obc requests with you!

This is exactly what happened to us last time. We didn't get it resolved until Thursday of our 7 day cruise, but we did finally get it resolved. I had to get my broker to email me documentation and print it off, and I gave it to the service desk lady who had been helping me. It took a couple of days, but we got it resolved before the end of the week. I even wrote a note to the passenger services desk manager for the employee who helped me, she kept me informed the whole way and I wanted to make sure she knew I appreciated it.

Mike

It does not show up anywhere in my personalizer, and I did book through a TA and perhaps that is why, but why is that? It shows my FCC's and I booked through a TA to use those, why not display the shareholder credit, I didn't purchase that through the TA?

Anyway, I learned my lesson, as mentioned previously in this thread, I will take my confirmation email from Princess about the credit being added, as well as a current statement from my broker. No messing around this time.... They should display it in the personalizer though, no reason not to.

Mike

Anything having to do with the financial aspects will not be displayed if you booked through a TA. You can simply call Captain's Circle or the main customer service number and they will tell you if the shareholder credit as well as any other credits, Bon Voyage orders etc. have been applied.

It might be different here in the UK, as we can't see Circle Savings. But on my present personaliser page, there is a an item on the right hand side of the opening page headed Pay/View Balance. When I click on this, it shows me a breakdown of the cost per person, detals of deposit/balance paid and total OBC. All the OBC is combined and the shareholding part of the OBC is not shown separately. It could also be because we booked direct with Princess. Hope this helps.

Archived