Need actual experiences!

Kellyekookoo

We are on the Dream coming up. I want to know what to do in Cozumel. Sort of low key. Nacho Cocum, Mr. sanchos, or Chank? We've done Chank, but only the snorkeling part..not interested in anything but snorkeling, drinks, and beach. Which one.. Or suggestions for other options that I can research. Thanks so much.. Getting excited.

If you want low key, go with Nachi.

I don't know how the snorkeling is off the beach, but you can purchase a snorkel excursion on Nachi's website or when you get there.

Agree with KenMo, Nachi Cocom is great for a low key restful day. Not much snorkeling from the beach, they have a snorkeling excursion that goes to a couple different locations during the approximately 2 hour trip. All drinks included, 4 course meal (very good!), and limited to 100 people per day. If you want more things to do, Mr Sanchos is next door. Been to Nachi twice, will probably go again on our next cruise....

Nachi Cocom is definitely the place to go for low-key. Some friends and I were there a few years ago, and we loved it so much that two of us are going back in December. The review of our trip there (on the Paradise) is linked in my signature. We did their snorkel by boat tour and thought it was easily worth twice the money we paid. I don't think snorkeling from shore would be anything special there, as it is a sandy bottom with no real reef or rocks to speak of

Unless you take the snorkel tour (about $35 for 90 minutes) snorkeling from the beach anywhere with a sandy beach and waves will be poor - no rocks/reefs for the little fish and the sand/waves cloud the water.

You might consider The Money Bar with great snorkeling from the shore - no beach, you enter the water via steps. Good facilities, food, drinks & service plus rental gear, lockers and guides if you need them.

Either spend the day at the Money Bar or stop first thing for an hour or two of snorkeling and then head to Nachi or Paradise Beach. Taxi from piers to MB should be only about $10.

We were in Cozumel a few weeks ago on a land vacation and we drove out to the beaches on the east side of the island. Talk about low key and secluded. Very few tourists make it to that side. The views are breathtaking as you drive along the coast. Every few miles there's a beach with one or two restaurants overlooking the ocean. You can grab a table and chairs and enjoy the amazing beaches and solitude while sipping on some beers. We stopped at Chen Rio (recommended by the locals) as being one of the prettiest as well as a great spot for swimming for our little kids since it's protected by a rock a barrier. You're only about 30 minutes from the cruise ships but feel like you're thousands of miles away.

Be aware though that there are little resources on that side of the island. No electricity, no ATM's, no gas stations, no celphone signal. So go prepared.

Nachi Cocum all the way!! Been there 4 times. Will continue to go every time we visit Cozumel. Very relaxing and you get your own personal beach waiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nachi Cocom is definitely the place to go for low-key. Some friends and I were there a few years ago, and we loved it so much that two of us are going back in December. The review of our trip there (on the Paradise) is linked in my signature. We did their snorkel by boat tour and thought it was easily worth twice the money we paid. I don't think snorkeling from shore would be anything special there, as it is a sandy bottom with no real reef or rocks to speak of

Great review agp_mzk! We are going to Nachi in November, and I have heard mixed reviews for the snorkeling. So excited after hearing your experience. On our last stop we did the Amazing Cozumel Race -- lots of fun, but certainly not low key. Looking forward to some great food, cold drinks and maybe a massage.... :D

Great review agp_mzk! We are going to Nachi in November, and I have heard mixed reviews for the snorkeling. So excited after hearing your experience. On our last stop we did the Amazing Cozumel Race -- lots of fun, but certainly not low key. Looking forward to some great food, cold drinks and maybe a massage.... :D

When I took the snorkeling excursion, we went to 2 locations on the Palancar reef. The first location, the reef was about 15-20 feet down, close enough to see clearly. The second spot, the reef was about 30-40 feet deep, harder to see anything, and definitely too deep to swim down to. It was still enjoyable, but not as good as snorkeling at Tabyana Beach on Roatan..

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

If you are really wanting good snorkeling in Cozumel, take a boat trip. Get away from the beach areas and you will see more fish. The reefs in Cozumel are farther off shore than most other islands, so if you want coral and lots of fish, take a boat to them.

the only place I recommend from shore is Money Bar... it is small, it is only a beach club and snorkeling,, good food, good drinks, and snorkeling. Nothing more, no cover, just be sure to buy something there if only a bottle of water.

Nachi ticks all the boxes other than snorkelling. It's mostly sand flats with a couple small rock clusters which were actually very nice to float over - but can only entertain for so long (though I did watch an octopus building a little "house" for while a long time - thank goodness I left my underwater camera on the ship :rolleyes:.

We were in Cozumel a few weeks ago on a land vacation and we drove out to the beaches on the east side of the island. Talk about low key and secluded. Very few tourists make it to that side. The views are breathtaking as you drive along the coast. Every few miles there's a beach with one or two restaurants overlooking the ocean. You can grab a table and chairs and enjoy the amazing beaches and solitude while sipping on some beers. We stopped at Chen Rio (recommended by the locals) as being one of the prettiest as well as a great spot for swimming for our little kids since it's protected by a rock a barrier. You're only about 30 minutes from the cruise ships but feel like you're thousands of miles away.

Be aware though that there are little resources on that side of the island. No electricity, no ATM's, no gas stations, no celphone signal. So go prepared.

Nothing to snorkel for at the Chen Rio lagoon. Only Chen Rio and Punta Morena have swim areas. There's snorkeling opportunities just off shore at Punta Sur by the lighthouse and the small beach club there. Btu a longer more expensive taxi ride. Money Bar, mentioned previously, or Corona Beach offer good shore snorkeling opportunities, but they are both smaller in area than Nachi and their "beach" is protected by small walls. Steps and rocky bottoms to the water.

We are on the Dream coming up. I want to know what to do in Cozumel. Sort of low key. Nacho Cocum, Mr. sanchos, or Chank? We've done Chank, but only the snorkeling part..not interested in anything but snorkeling, drinks, and beach. Which one.. Or suggestions for other options that I can research. Thanks so much.. Getting excited.

Hi there

For "low key", snorkeling, food and drinks I would suggest "The Money Bar".

There is not much of a beach but there is sand and loungers. The facilities are great.

You can check their website online. Trip advisor has many reviews as well as one from myself.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

You may also want to check out Playa Uvas. They Have more beach than the money bar and your admission includes a guided snorkel tour and equipment. Good food at the restaurant and they have all inclusive drink packages as well.