Extended Balcony on Miracle

SEA SOUNDS

Anyone ever book an extended balcony on Carnival Miracle? This would be the 8C category cabins like 5010 to 5130 deck 5 upper deck. Is the balcony really much bigger? Let me know what you expect. Thanks

Seasounds

It is about 2 feet bigger. 2 feet makes a big difference on those balconies in my opinion.

We loved it and when we had the extended balcony they did have different chairs. One regular chair and a short version of a lounge chair.

Anyone ever book an extended balcony on Carnival Miracle? This would be the 8C category cabins like 5010 to 5130 deck 5 upper deck. Is the balcony really much bigger? Let me know what you expect. Thanks

Seasounds

Standard balconies on the Miracle

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

the extended on the front of the upper deck......we had interior 5106 with attached balcony 5108 along with 5110, 5112........we only opened 1 divider.

2172630030089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2119689600089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2608630080089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

LOVED these 4 cabins for our family and would book them again in a heartbeat

Anyone ever book an extended balcony on Carnival Miracle?...

No. I don't think anyone has ever booked those cabins. I think they always sail with those empty.

:p

Sorry. Sometimes I just can't help myself. It's the "has anyone ever..." threads that do it.

My first (and possibly only) balcony was on Miracle 12/17/07 sailing. I got an 8G past-guest upgrade from an 8A. We were in 7192.

I enjoyed it very much, but being that there were only 2 sea days on that itinerary, I just can't justify the cost. I'm going back to insides and driving to FL, which means I can sail twice this year.

I think I would've been perfectly happy with a "regular" balcony and not have the lifeboats below us. I mean, there isn't enough room to have a lounger there, so with only 2 people, the 40 sq ft would've been sufficient.

The chairs are now the blue cloth with metal frames.

2726356390102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

2627351700102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

If you Google for Carnival Miracle balcony pics, you'll find lots.

She's a lovely ship. Enjoy!

Chitown, thanks so much for posting the balcony pix! We are sailing on the Spirit in cabin 5110, (so pretty much the same layout and cabin config, being that they're both Spirit Class ships), so it was great to see the balcony pix and hear that you loved your selection.

Really looking forward to experiencing the balcony on our cruise. We had an OV for our first cruise and enjoyed it alot. Spent alot of time sitting in the window, (perfect size for me to curl up in and read, lol), and I'm certain that I will really enjoy having an ext. balcony!

Can't stomach an inside room, I"m too claustrophobic, need to see the sun, so it's well worth the extra $$$ for me. Thanks! :)

Chitown, thanks so much for posting the balcony pix! We are sailing on the Spirit in cabin 5110, (so pretty much the same layout and cabin config, being that they're both Spirit Class ships), so it was great to see the balcony pix and hear that you loved your selection.

Really looking forward to experiencing the balcony on our cruise. We had an OV for our first cruise and enjoyed it alot. Spent alot of time sitting in the window, (perfect size for me to curl up in and read, lol), and I'm certain that I will really enjoy having an ext. balcony!

Can't stomach an inside room, I"m too claustrophobic, need to see the sun, so it's well worth the extra $$$ for me. Thanks! :)

we flip-flopped for a year about switching cabins beacuse of concerns about:

1)wind-it was bad the first few days(not trying to scare you) but it was bad everywhere on the ship....we sailed towards and around tropical storm Noel......after that it wasn't any different than our other balcony midship cruises

2)noise from the showroom below-I asked my family if they noticed....my dad said he heard something faint one night but hardly noticable

3)camp traffic-I have kids so I loved the proximity to camp but was worried about traffic volume.....I think I heard a family in the cooridor once.

VERY easy to take the front stairs/elevators to deck 9, 3, or 2 and then walk aft.

Not easy to walk the staggered cooridor(deck 5 for example) the length of the ship.

1)wind-it was bad the first few days(not trying to scare you) but it was bad everywhere on the ship....we sailed towards and around tropical storm Noel......after that it wasn't any different than our other balcony midship cruises

2)noise from the showroom below-I asked my family if they noticed....my dad said he heard something faint one night but hardly noticable

3)camp traffic-I have kids so I loved the proximity to camp but was worried about traffic volume.....I think I heard a family in the cooridor once.

THANK YOU! These were my 3 concerns also, and you eased my concerns greatly. We don't have kids, so I was really wondering how insane it would get with the Camp so nearby. I was also wondering about the showroom below, so that was very good to hear.

Honestly, we're VERY easygoing, so even these concerns I had were minor and I"m well aware that no cabin is absolutely perfect in every way. ;) It's a balcony and I"m extremely grateful to be able to book one. :)

Life is good.

Thank you again!!! :)

For those who insist they can't tolerate an inside cabin because of claustrophia, I tell them that MY claustrophia kicks in when I'm in a crowd of people and feel closed in. That's when I feel the panic setting in! I hate crowds! I totally lost it in a crowded department store one year trying to Christmas shop. My DD thought I'd lost my mind. I didn't get to the point that I started screaming, but I was close! Not a good feeling.

If I'm in an inside cabin, all I have to do is open the door and walk out! Much, much easier to "escape." And, to be honest, I have NEVER felt the least bit claustrophobic inside a cabin. Yes, the balcony was nice. But booking insides means I can sail more often, so I'm back to insides. And, man, do I ever sleep well in those cabins! Sleep is very important to me! :D

We're all different, but I think a lot of people THINK they'll have problems in an inside cabin yet they haven't tried one.

We had an extended balcony on the Miarcle in January. I think it was well worth it. That is the one thing I really liked about this ship. If I ever go on this class ship again I will get another extended balcony. That two feet makes a big difference.

I agree! They are well worth it for us. We usually book 2 or 3 cabins together and the extra leg room is important when you have alot of foot traffic on the balcony. Some people don't use their balcony but we use it all the time, especially in the mornings and after spending all day in port.

It is a priority when we book.....

Archived