Don't we need that extra help you and me

After the scale and see your weight

Then drink your water and get your day straight

So our new Thursday week begins

So we get to eat the right things again

Try to exercise some of the week

Will make you feel strong and not weak

Edited by Belle

Good Morning Belle! Thanks for the poem ... hope your week is going well.

I seem to be up 2.4# today ... I've got to get it in gear ... I've decided I need a project, so I think its time to re-do one of the bedrooms. Now I just need DH to help with getting supplies (not sure what we have here and what I have to buy).

Have a good week all. Jan

Good Morning,

First, I have great news. After 4 months of being unemployed I got a job! I start Nov. 3rd. I was in the wine industry for 19 years and this is related. Small company, I'll be assisting the 2 owners.

Hubby and I had a great time on our cruise but Mexico is insanely HOT in October. Yikes.

Even though we worked out in the gym every day I still gained 4 lbs. But I lost 2 of it this week.

Wishing everyone lots of losing. Jan and Jo we'll all lose next week.

PS, we booked our next cruise. 15 day Hawaii round trip from Long Beach in January 2016. We are planning that his will be hubby's retirement celebration vacation.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Good morning Belle, wonderful to read your poem this AM, since so much of it rings true in my household!

Awesome news Diane, on all fronts. New job - you sound excited and that's a great thing. You did fantastic on the cruise - couple of pounds is a wash in my book when I'm on vacation.

I'm ALWAYS the first one up - just the way it goes I guess.

Good luck on the remodel Jan - anything that keeps me busy and away from the kitchen is half the battle.

Maintenance mode is going pretty darn good. I'm using 2100 calories/day as a goal and that seems impossible to come close to unless I binge (like the pizza I ate and the ice cream and the McDonalds - I was weak a couple times :) )

But still doing my normal routine mornings and afternoons which keeps me around 500-700 calories, then dinners are usually things I can keep in check: Taco Bell "Fresco" style taco's are only 150 calories each, Jack in the Box has a chicken pita for 350, McDonalds has a chicken wrap for 360, etc. Finding stuff like that has helped me feel normal again, like I'm not missing out on so much.

I'm up 2lbs to 189 this morning (after the pizza - a lot of it, and the McNuggets and cheeseburger) so it's pretty hard to complain. My limit is 190 -if I hit that then it's focus time to stay on track, but otherwise I'm just keeping on keeping on.

Very excited for the weekend - we're taking our little trailer out for its' inaugural camping trip (still 50's - mid 70's in the mountains) so we'll get some hiking in, only bring good food, and get lot's and lot's of reading and sleeping and resting.

Have a great weekend everybody!

That's one pound less so that's a good thing.

Me - I'd keep eating as best I can, and just know that in 3 weeks I'll be on a beautiful ship with beautiful scenery enjoying a well deserved break from the world! Hang tough, chin up, and go find those silver linings.

I forgot to post yesterday. It must be Freudian since I am up 2lbs. Oh well, it is a new week and time to start fresh.

Thanks for the poem, Belle.

Diana, congratulations on your new job. Four pounds is not a bad gain for a cruise. It's great that you have already lost 2 of them. I would love to take a Hawaiian cruise. My husband's family all live in Hawaii (my husband lived there as a child) but I can't get him to go on a cruise that is longer than 9 days so far. We have flown to Hawaii to visit his family but I would really love to cruise it.

cruises42, a loss is a loss. So, congrats.

Jo, staying the same is good, too.

Jan, I am with you. I need something to help me refocus. The holidays are coming though and that will keep me pretty busy.

shootr, good job with your maintenance.

Rose

Darn it, I'm slacking on keeping up with the postings and I know for me that will eventually lead to slacking everywhere else! Gotta get on it this coming week! :)

Down another pound this week and if I stay with it hoping to join shootr in the below the 190 class next week! Will be the first time for me below that mark in many years!

Awesome job to everyone! :)

Shootr love your pictures.

they are beautiful.

How do you like your TearDrop?

How was the sleeping? Little hard to get

in and out?

My parents had one when they started camping.

They said they had something like a tent that

snapped over the kitchen and extended out.

So they could cook and have a table set up

so they could cook and eat if it was raining,

windy or to hot. Saw pictures, it was nice.

I think they are cute. Gives you something to

camp with but don't have sleep on the ground.

Really can enjoy the outdoors be part of the outdoors

which I know you like.

Diana congrats on the new job. Is up your way in the

wine country? Did that once Mexico in Oct. HOT HOT

Jan a bedroom redo...Keep sane! Good Luck!

Rose good to see you. How could you forget us?

Jo I think staying the same is better than gaining.

Just4 You'll get use to coming in..we're a habit!

Cruise42 A lb lost better than a lb gain.

Did I remember everyone? Sorry if I miss anyone.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Now be good this week.

Question of the day.....

Why is it we can gain pounds in one day...

Then it takes a month to get it off!

I consider it a hard-sided tent, much more comfortable but still "cozy". 6" of foam under the sleeping bag, all 6' of me can stretch out inside and change clothes (that's a little more challenging if the DW is in there with me at the same time), set up and tear down the kitchen in a few minutes, and it's warm, rain proof, windproof, and convenient with lights and outlets for living the basic life well.

We have been wanting to build or buy one for the past few years but it just didn't happen until this popped up for sale at the right price with the features we wanted.

For a first run, our experimental trial, it couldn't have been better. We made a list of things we need, to do differently, and can't wait for the next trip, which due to schedules is hard to determine right now.

I cheated and just jumped on the scale for a reality check and only went up 1lb, even with too many Cheezits, hamburgers, pancakes, and smores. All that hiking, and even a little running, helped keep things in check I guess.

With a normal week of eating I expect I'll be even this week, fingers crossed.

It's great to see you're keeping the tradition alive! I hope you're doing well, cruising often and losing weight!

Doing great, not cruising near enough, and staying the course, weight wise.

And all is right with the world! :D

Hi There,

Belle, yes, the job is in wine country. Related to the wine industry but not at a winery. They fix wine issues such as remove sulfites, adjust alcohol levels and remove smoke taint.

Shootr, wow, gorgeous photos.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Diana

Miriam - how nice to see you - hope everything is going well for you ... Jan

Hey, Jan. Great to see you! I haven't been here in a while so I thought I'd stop in and take a look. It's great to see things still plugging along. I'm hanging in there. Hope you're doing well.

I never thought this particular weigh-in would still be going after all this time. That's great!

I'm not cruising these days, except land cruises, but I'll check in more often when I can!

Good to see you in here again.

How are you doing? Feeling good!

Yes I/we couldn't stop this "cruise to lose"

thread you started. Hope you do come

in more to see us. Great people in here.

Think you did reach your goal many years ago.

Still trying here.. maintaining..then up and down.

Life keeps getting in the way.

This site keeps us in check...if not coming in we could

be gaining to much!

Take care

Yes, Belle, you are right. I started this board to help people stick to whatever programs they thought would work for them. And yes, I did reach my goal, but I was trying to GAIN. However, due to health problems and too much ballpark food, I really need to lose again, so I may just be back each week as I begin to lose again.

BTW, I thought of you the beginning of Sept. I hope you had a great birthday.

I'll take a look back and see who else is still here. I know Jan is.

I'm just amazed that the weigh-in is still going. It makes me feel pretty good, especially since I've been pretty sick. But that's for another time.

Hello to everyone. I'll let Belle and Jan talk to you about me behind my back! :)