Anyone looking for transportation

sweetnurse310

We just used Zippy Shuttle for transportation. They were great and gave the best deal on four pick ups and drop off. They were very professional and were on time. The driver offered to stop anywhere on the way to the port if we needed. I hope this is helpful someone.

Contact information:Ken

Zippy Shuttle

zippyshuttle.net

(877) 889-4779 TOLL FREE Local & National

(818) 913-2136 International

Sorry davidgmg I used it in LA. They may be in other areas too.

Ailuro I am new on posting and here did you ever think that. I was just trying to be helpful to anyone who needed transportation and save them time looking around. I haven't seen anything else to help anyone outto post on. Sorry if you think I am trying to scam anyone which I'm not jut trying to be helpful

Ailuro I am new on posting and here did you ever think that. I was just trying to be helpful to anyone who needed transportation and save them time looking around. I haven't seen anything else to help anyone outto post on. Sorry if you think I am trying to scam anyone which I'm not jut trying to be helpful

It's not scamming, it's spamming;)

I frequent plenty of forums, and I along with many others always make a point of highlighting people who join and immediately mention the same company in all of their posts.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just making you aware in case you are a spammer (someone who tries to advertise their company for free, normally by not declaring they are actually advertising) that you would soon be noticed and stopped.

I'm sure now you've had a little while to browse the forums you can appreciate why people like it to be ad free and to have genuine opinions of any companies used.:)

I know most forums charge for companies who want to advertise....

I searched this forum for posts with zippy in it. There seems to be many positive comments about them. Can't believe that they are all spam.

Never heard of Zippy before -- but looks like it is trying to compete with the two big boys--SuperShuttle and PrimeTime.

OP- Understand the problem of being a new contributor with a recommendation to make, while not appearing to be a spammer (all too common).

More detail in your original post would have helped. Besides not stating what city you were in, something more in the flavor of "We returned from our Hawaii cruise on the USS Minnow. When we disembarked at San Pedro, ABC Shuttle was waiting for us. We had made an online reservation pre-cruise. It was a Saturday around 10am so traffic to LAX was light and we were at our terminal by 10:35. The driver was friendly and handled our luggage carefully..."

You get the picture....just my suggestion. A random "Use ABC Shuttle, they are great" sounds like a pretty blatant ad.

OP- Understand the problem of being a new contributor with a recommendation to make, while not appearing to be a spammer (all too common).

More detail in your original post would have helped. Besides not stating what city you were in, something more in the flavor of "We returned from our Hawaii cruise on the USS Minnow. When we disembarked at San Pedro, ABC Shuttle was waiting for us. We had made an online reservation pre-cruise. It was a Saturday around 10am so traffic to LAX was light and we were at our terminal by 10:35. The driver was friendly and handled our luggage carefully..."

You get the picture....just my suggestion. A random "Use ABC Shuttle, they are great" sounds like a pretty blatant ad.

Thank you for your advice on this situation.

My husand and I used Zippy shuttle on Feb 5th flying into LAX after getting our bags we made a call for pick up they were there within five mins. They were waiting outside the next day at Sherton universal studio hotel to pick us up and drop us off at San Pedro port. On the way the driver offered to stop anywhere if we needed to pick up anything. When we got off the ship On Feb 13th we had already arrange a pick up but ended up getting off the ship early then expected we place a call for a pick up they were there within 5 mins again. They dropped us off back at the hotel. The next morning the shuttle was waiting for us already again to drop us off at LAX. At all times the drivers were professional, friendly and helpful about the area what to do. We booked all of our transportation via telephone call with Ken which was able to set up pick up and drop off times to get us where we needed on time. We looked at several opinions of transportation they were able to give us the best deal.

sweetnurse...um...and what was that deal please ? I am looking for my son and i to travel directly form LAX to the ports/peir....and then a rteurn trip. So, please fill me in on that..or can you send me their #, thank you.

2010...just scroll to the first post on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23179228&postcount=1

I have never taken Zippy shuttle, however I did get a quote from them. Please price other options before you book. Zippy was quoted at $125 round trip for 2, LAX to hotel (free shuttle from hotel to port) and port to LAX. I was able to book SuperShuttle for $56 round trip for 2.

Both companies quoted me multi-passenger vans, meaning we would be riding with other people. Others have had success with PrimeTime shuttle while others will go with a taxi. I'm not here to bash any one company, but check the prices prior to just booking one, be a smart shopper.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ride from LAX to the boat was great with the driver heading over the bridge so we could get a good look at the port. He wasn't the owner but he was on time, professional and friendly.

The ride back to LAX wasn't as much fun as we were heading home. We didn't like this driver as much but after we got loaded up it was an uneventful ride to the airport.

I think the company communication was fine and overall my experience was positive.

Archived