Losing before Cruising April 2015

nfldpenguin

Hi everyone! I'm cruising April 2015 with NCL. I would love to have a little group of weight loss buddies who are looking to get healthier for around the same timeframe with April 2015 as a goal date. Anyone interested?:)

I too am trying to get healthier (lose weight) before our RCI Cruise to Asia in June. Would love to hear how you are going with this endeavour

Please count me in as well. I just booked a cruise for October 2015 but my husband and I will be travelling to Thailand in early February and I sure have a lot of work to do before that !!! hahahaha I am determined to get healthy and stay that way.

I will join as well. We are cruising in December, April 2015 and October 2015. About a month ago, I joined LA Fitness. I have a treadmill at home and do anywhere from 3-4 miles 5 days a week but I wanted to add variety and do strength training. I meet 2-3 days a week with a trainer and have added eliptical and bike before meeting with the trainer as a warm up. They also have aqua aerobics, yoga and spin. I love the aqua aerobics and do that 3 days a week. I have only lost 5 pounds but have definitely gained muscle and I don't have too much to lose. I have met some nice people and really like the social aspect of it as well.

i'd like to join in although my cruise isnt planned til april 2016. i have come up with plan i will use my weightloss to pay for it. 10.00 per pound after deposit and i reach my goal as well as pay off cruise. oh i'm going regardless, but will give me a goal to work towards.

WOW I am certainly not as active as some of the folks who posted ! I am trying though ... I just started walking every day so I try to walk 5 km/day. Eventually I would like to add to this and try the gym but thought it would be best to start slowly. I am using "My Fitness Pal" for my weight loss journey. I used to do Weight Watchers but just decided to try something different. I had a really difficult time this weekend though because of the turkey .... stuffing ....and wine !!! It was Thanksgiving here in Canada ! Back on track today though ...:cool:

I use MyFitnessPal too. I find I can eat what I want: just stay within my calorie goal and make sure I get enough protein.

Yup, Thanksgiving was a killer for me too - I still haven't logged my calories for that hee hee.

I am at my goal weight, reached it about 3 years ago but I do need to get the fitness levels up, big belly.

Started back on aqua fit 3 x 60 min per week. Once that is comfortable again I will go back to the weight room 3 x per week.

I am thinking of getting a personal training session to get a good strength and cardio programme set up. Has anyone else done this?

My Rec Centre offers the service for $92 (2 sessions). I thought get the first session now and then get the 2nd session 2 months before I cruise (22 March 2015) so I can get problem areas under control before I cruise.

Hoping if I post here I may be inspired.

cheers, h.

Count me in too! Feb 2015 is gonna be here before I know it! I'm also tracking with MyFitnessPal. And I'm happy to say I've joined up for Project 10. Loving it and the scales are dropping! Today I weigh 1.4 lbs less than last week. I. Very very impressed!

Count me in too! Feb 2015 is gonna be here before I know it! I'm also tracking with MyFitnessPal. And I'm happy to say I've joined up for Project 10. Loving it and the scales are dropping! Today I weigh 1.4 lbs less than last week. I. Very very impressed!

Great job!

Wonder how My Fitness Pal compares with the Lose It app?

What is Project 10?

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe My FitnessPal is very similar to Lose It .. my sister-in-law is following Lose It and has lost over 50 lbs !!! She looks amazing but is also exercising ... Since joining this group it is very obvious to me that I have to start moving more !!! hahahah I have been making a conscious effort walking every day with my dog .. but it is obviously not enough. Do any of you have trouble on weekends ?

Definitely hard on weekends because we tend to eat out more and the eating is not always the healthiest. As cruise time gets closer, I need to buckle down. Last year my hubby needed to lose so easier when we did it together. I have more to lose then him

We walk an hour usually 5-6 days a week. Since the weather has changed it is harder to walk outside so we are back to mall walking which gets old fast

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I want to join but I really have no follow through. A few years ago a friend and I joined weight watchers and I lost 30 lbs.. I have gained it all back plus and really need to lose it. I don't have a cruise but I am going to DC. with the Senior class this year. I really need to do something soon or I never will.

I am

180 lbs.

5'1"

I also joined the gym the first of October. Started this summer at 5'7 177# and at the first of October was 166, so far I have lost 8 lbs in one month with the gym. Today my weigh in was 157.8. My goal is 140-145 by Feb 1. but as much as the weight loss, I want to tone up. I am working out 5 days a week on the elliptical-30 min treadmill-20 min and then 20 min of weight training. Now that the weight is starting to come off I will probably add more weight time to tone arms, legs, and mid section. I have also revamped my eating habits. After working out in the morning, I come home and have a protein drink mixed with yogurt (fred meyers carbmaster only 4 carbs and 60 calories and its yummy) a banana and some ice. total about 140 calories. lunch would be an egg beaters ham and cheese omelette (about 125 calories) or a few oz of turkey breast, some vegetables and cheese (about the same calories) snack of a large apple or carmel rice cake (about 50 calories) an a high protein low fat dinner which recently has included beef, brocolli, mushrooms in sauce over rice and salad or raspberry ginger chicken or lean hamburger patties smothered in onions with a low cal gravy made with low fat beef broth. That has been the hardest part but all recipe.com has a pretty good selection of healthy recipes. DH has lost 12 lbs and only has about 8 more to go. Lucky for me he is not to picky and has ate everything I am making without (much) complaining...hahaha. Good luck to everyone and remember do something today that your body will thank you for tomorrow!

Edited by cruzngrl

Count me in...

Sailing 2/13/2015 (same Celebrity cruise as DJSchib though we haven't met yet). I have the MyFitnessPal app on my phone and count my calories along with calories burned at the gym. I've also recently bought a Leslie Sansone walking DVD. I'd much prefer to walk outside, but that's not going to happen again for a few months (Chicago has a bit of snow in the forecast for tomorrow)! I also have a Fitbit that goes everywhere with me...my original goal was to take 10k steps a day, but I am now trying for at least 13k. I am lucky to work across the street from a huge mall, but somehow my walk is frequently interrupted by something I see in a store window!!! Anyway, hoping to lose about 5lbs pre-cruise!

Good luck to all...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all. I am in a maintenance pattern for now. 5'3". 117#. I cruise 2nd week of april and come Jan 1, I'll be hitting it hard. My usual plan is watching my calories and fat intake, cutting out the between meals snacking and adding in weight training after I get over the soreness caused by increasing my general activity level from a slug to a rabbit. No, seriously, I wear my fitbit every day, during the work week, my average steps are 7000, but on a weekend, it dwindles to 1000. In january, I will increase steps to 12,000 - 14,000 just on a teadmill or eliptical, and add in weights 3-4 times/week for 20 - 30 mins. DH is retired and does all the cooking; he will cook only vegs and meat. No white foods (rice, potatoes, breads) from Jan to end of March. I will drop to 108-109#. Just so my clothes hang nice on my frame. It is a simple plan and I've done it numerous times before, but boring as can be when I have no one to work on it with. Also, recording every bit that enters my mouth keeps me accountable for my progress or lack of. For that I use Fitday.com