port everglades hotels?

soaknitup

Suggest you also post under the Florida departures board...lots of helpful folks with information that may be a bit more current as Princess does not have any ships in Ft. Lauderdale during the summer, ships not back from Alaska/Europe for at least another month or so..

Where is a reasonable place to stay the day before the cruise that has shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal?

Look at something around 17th St; Holiday Inn Express, Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place - just a few. Also check Marriott chains and Comfort Inn. Use a search engine and ask for Ft. Lauderdale. Or Priceline, but do your homework first.

All depends on when you are going. We are very seasonably priced here. I would also suggest you booking asap. I think you are looking at a TA for next spring. Find something now. Prices will keep going up the closer you get.

Look at something around 17th St; Holiday Inn Express, Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place - just a few. Also check Marriott chains and Comfort Inn. Use a search engine and ask for Ft. Lauderdale. Or Priceline, but do your homework first.

All depends on when you are going. We are very seasonably priced here. I would also suggest you booking asap. I think you are looking at a TA for next spring. Find something now. Prices will keep going up the closer you get.

Try the Fort Lauderdale site at sunny dot org

Link to sunny.org

The last time we sailed from FLL it seems like it was a Spinghill Suites we stayed at that had a cruise transportation pkg. Their airport shuttle only ran til midnight, but they reimbursed us for cab fare. In the morning they provided full size coach to tote the cruisers to the terminal.

I wouldn't even bother with the transfers in Ft. Lauderdale, it is easy and cheap to take a cab and you don't have to wait for the shuttles.
I agree. I wouldn't base my hotel decision on whether there's a shuttle to the pier. Yes, to the hotel but on embarkation day, there will likely be very long lines and long waits as hotel shuttles can't take too many people with all their luggage at a time. You could wind up waiting and standing in line for 60-90 minutes. There are many reasonable hotels within a 5-10 minute drive to the pier. Much faster to take a taxi that would probably cost you $10-15.

Instead, look for a hotel that includes breakfast. Some do, some don't. That'll cost you far more than a taxi. The Renaissance, which is the closest to Port Everglades, doesn't include breakfast. Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place North (aka Hyatt Place Convention Center) are just a few blocks away and do include breakfast. These two also have a Total Wine and a supermarket almost next door.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn, which included transports, breakfast and wifi.....I would always stay there, except that one year to the next the price had doubled. Because of the cost, I stayed at the Riverside hotel this year.....this one did not have all those other items included, but was more than 50% cheaper, and was a nice room located on a street where there were restaurants, coffee shops, stores, etc... This made for an enjoyable day since we arrived early the day before the cruise.

Where is a reasonable place to stay the day before the cruise that has shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal?

"Reasonable" in Fort Lauderdale depends a lot on WHEN you're going...

Spring Break time is near impossible...as is the dead middle of Winter--when all those folks from up north flock down to get away from the 10 foot snow drifts...

Unfortunately for us, we always end up going during my wife's "winter break" from her school district employment...

This January, unless we strike a great deal between now and then on Priceline, we'll, again, be staying at the Springhill Suites...It is actually in Dania Beach (next to Fort Lauderdale and not really near the beach)...

It's a nice enough hotel with large rooms, free shuttle airport to hotel and free shuttle hotel to pier, free WiFi and free breakfast...There is a shopping center with a few restaurants across the street but not much else in the area...and the rates are pretty good compared to most hotels in the area...It is part of the Marriott corp.

Good luck.

The hotel we chose for our overnight stay was the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport Airport Hotel (Wow - that’s a long title!) located on the 17th Street Causeway. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise port. We learned the next day that it is actually only two long blocks around the corner from the cruise port, so I suppose it could be considered within walking distance. We had a spacious, clean and comfortable room, and the staff were very gracious and friendly. We chose this hotel because of the great rate (after checking other hotels in the area) and convenience to the airport and cruise port. The quality of our room, the service, and the staff will definitely bring us back here again.

We had a fabulous dinner at a restaurant next door, Carrabba’s Italian Grill. This delicious meal was the perfect beginning to a cruise vacation, and we went to sleep that night with satisfied tummies!

In the morning the hotel provided grab-and-go breakfast items including varieties of instant oatmeal packages, assorted granola bars and oatmeal-to-go bars, packaged Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, oranges, apples, bananas, coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate. For a more substantial breakfast, the Harbor Café next door serves breakfast and lunch starting at 6:30 a.m. and there is an Einstein Bagels in the strip mall across the street. For any convenience items that may be needed, a Walgreen pharmacy is down the block on the corner.

After checking out of the hotel, the shuttle driver whisked us over to the cruise port in matter of a few minutes.

We have reservations at the Hyatt Pier 66 and the Hyatt Place. I've never stayed at either and always wanted to stay at Pier 66. Seems the remodeling will be completed by then and most reviews I looked at were good. I like the grounds, all the yachts and the convenience of the water taxi stop on site.

I also like the location of Hyatt Place as it is closer to shopping and eats and the fact they offer airport shuttle service and the option to pay for shuttle service to the port. Both places have a very similar rate, so the hotel cost is not really a factor.

Any input from y'all who have stayed at either place will be appreciated.

We have reservations at the Hyatt Pier 66 and the Hyatt Place. I've never stayed at either and always wanted to stay at Pier 66. Seems the remodeling will be completed by then and most reviews I looked at were good. I like the grounds, all the yachts and the convenience of the water taxi stop on site.

I also like the location of Hyatt Place as it is closer to shopping and eats and the fact they offer airport shuttle service and the option to pay for shuttle service to the port. Both places have a very similar rate, so the hotel cost is not really a factor.

Any input from y'all who have stayed at either place will be appreciated.

We stayed at Hyatt Place when it was called Amerisuites. You can walk to everything from there. The big Hyatt is just basically a chain hotel; business hotel per se' Breakfast will cost a fortune. Views are better though and if you use the water taxi it's there.

As a local, I don't look at the touristy things. I would also look into staying at Embassy Suites which is near Hyatt Place and is much classier with better breakfast and happy hour included.

Archived