royal princess

kcms4

hi can anyone help we are a family of four thinking of going on the royal princess in july we have been on RC on most cruises but last year was on carnival vista which was great but the evening entertainment was shocking it just didn't exist at all so would really like to find out about the royal princess before i make my mind up like do they have a nightly show ? or a westend musical ? so on so on any info would be appreciated :confused:

Princess offers a nice variety of evening performances during the voyage. There is usually cast production show the first night and then again during the voyage along with other performers that are brought on board who may be comedians, magicians, vocalists, etc. These shows happen twice during the evening to match up with dining room schedules for your viewing choice.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2432015&highlight=Royal+patters

Another cruiser posted the Patters ( daily newsletter) in a link in this thread. They will give you a decent idea of what to expect.

Europe in July will likely be a bit different - but the idea is the same - the main shows don't change and there are other performers that rotate. You may be able to search for those Patters as well, from any large Princess ship.

Those of you who had stayed in the mini suite cabins directly under the Seaview Bar (for example, Marina deck cabin M424), did you experience any problem with the noise from the Seaview Bar or the pool?

Thank you.

I posted this question when deciding if we should book below the Seaview Bar.

The feedback I got was that you will hear noise midday when they do their cocktail show up there , some kids possibly running around during the day and very little at night. I'm risking it and checking it out for myself because I like the idea of the slightly larger balcony.

Not cruising for another month and will report back what our experience is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shows every night and on some ships shows will be classical music.

Micah's Grandad - Thank you for the information.

JennyBenny - Thank you in advance for reporting back after your cruise.

There are a few mini suite cabins available on the starboard side (for example, M423) if I want to switch. Instead of under the Seaview Bar, the starboard side cabins are under the Seawalk.

Do you think it is better to be under the Seawalk Bar or under the Seawalk? I will be on this April's transatlantic cruise; from past experience on the April TA cruises, there were not too many kids.

hi can anyone help we are a family of four thinking of going on the royal princess in july we have been on RC on most cruises but last year was on carnival vista which was great but the evening entertainment was shocking it just didn't exist at all so would really like to find out about the royal princess before i make my mind up like do they have a nightly show ? or a westend musical ? so on so on any info would be appreciated :confused:

The production shows at the Princess Theater are worth watching. The musical entertainment at the Piazza is very relaxing. IMO.

The production shows at the Princess Theater are worth watching. The musical entertainment at the Piazza is very relaxing. IMO.

Absolutely. Looking forward to all of this again beginning Tuesday evening.

Do you think it is better to be under the Seawalk Bar or under the Seawalk? I will be on this April's transatlantic cruise; from past experience on the April TA cruises, there were not too many kids.

I would prefer the bar vs the walk. The bar won't have the potential for as much gawking as the walk would on those cabins.

Not having experienced it yet, I'm just guessing based on what others have reported.

I gave up a Caribe deck center ship cabin to be under the Seaview Bar (same category, MB) In Hopes of enjoying the larger balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few mini suite cabins available on the starboard side (for example, M423) if I want to switch. Instead of under the Seaview Bar, the starboard side cabins are under the Seawalk.

I have been on a cabin under the Seaview Bar, but not under the Seawalk. There were some previous posts that said that their balcony was directly under the glass floor of the Seawalk. They felt uneasy when they chance upon people walking on the glass floor above while they are seating on the balcony. It was also shared that it does not happen often anyway since some may have fear of heights to walk over a glass floor.