Beach near cruise port for a couple of hours

Jetlagged787

We are looking for a beach within easy reach of the cruise port just for a couple of hours in the afternoon. A taxi ride is OK but we much prefer public transport if it is available. We would like a quiet beach, if there is such a thing near the port, and would like loungers but not bothered for food or drink.

Any recommendations welcome.

We have an island tour in the morning and our tour company say that they would drop us at Valley Church Beach, but the Trip Advisor reviews don't seem too good for that one.

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to look into Darkwood Beach. Easily accessible by taxi or Bus #22. Quiet beach, small restaurant on the beach, very few local artisans hawking their wares, clear water. My wife and I were looking in early March for the same as you described. Found a taxi driver named Admiral who told us about Darkwood. We thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. We are taking an Island Tour with Lawrence of Antigua. He offers a beach extension but at Valley Church Beach. He has now agreed to drop us at Darkwood after our tour and then collect us and return us to he boat when we are ready. That's the planning finished and now we're ready to rock and roll! :)

If you dont mind me asking what a tour like that cost? and how long the duration. We dont want to do anything that cost too much as we are already doing tours at some of our other ports where the beaches arent as good. Looking for something reasonable as we are a group of 6.

If you dont mind me asking what a tour like that cost? and how long the duration. We dont want to do anything that cost too much as we are already doing tours at some of our other ports where the beaches arent as good. Looking for something reasonable as we are a group of 6.

Lawrence is charging $50 including the beach extension. Without beach is $45 I think. He is a great guy to deal with and answers emails very quickly.

You can see his website here or email him at:

lawrenceofantigua at gmail dot com