carnival spirit australia early saver

Does anyone know anything about the carnival australia and their early saver policy or if indeed one even exists.

I just did a mock booking for the cruise i am going on in october and there is an $800 price difference between when we booked in feb and the fares on offer today. This is taking into account the $100 less on board credit that is available now.

I am feeling a little ripped off for being so organised and planned. $800 is a lot of money (that's for two people in an interior room).

Is it a case of too bad, so sad and I have to just deal with.. it's certainly going to put a damper on things if that is the case, I have scrimped and saved (as most of us probably have!) for this cruise holiday.

thanks for your help

All the prices have dropped on many of their cruises.....probably because they couldn't sell them for the over-price they were (sorry if you got ripped off). You could try to get the price drop but I don't like your chances.

Live and learn for next time.

Carnival Australia have no clue what they're doing at the moment.

they are refunding!

I'll believe it when I see the refund.. but they did send me an amended invoice.

I'm am beyond thrilled, it was such an easy process, I'll keep you all updated on if i do receive the actual refund

they are refunding!

I'll believe it when I see the refund.. but they did send me an amended invoice.

I'm am beyond thrilled, it was such an easy process, I'll keep you all updated on if i do receive the actual refund

Wow! I'm absolutely stunned. That's fantastic for you, and I'm really pleased, but this must be a first for us A/NZ cruisers. Usually it's just bad luck for us. This is a red letter day! :D:D:D Well Done!

All the prices have dropped on many of their cruises.....probably because they couldn't sell them for the over-price they were (sorry if you got ripped off). You could try to get the price drop but I don't like your chances.

Live and learn for next time.

Carnival Australia have no clue what they're doing at the moment.

Have to agree with you there. When we hopped off the Pearl in February I went through that whole 'I-cannot-bear-to-look-at-my-photos' stage because I had such a great time and some friends talked about booking on the Spirit when it comes. I had a quick look and the prices didn't really get my attention.

A month ago my family (massive group) and family friends all booked in a day or two of discussing it and it was super-cheap. So a few friends and I booked and got a bargain.

Guess its one of these things -- timing and all that. Competition is out there just gotta keep an eye out. Glad it all got sorted for you!

Both Carnival and P&O are now offering Early Saver options- but you should take it when you book your cruise from the outset.

Is the early saver option for P&O Australia or UK? I have done a quick search and could only fine one for UK.

Would be interested in more information. Thanks

Wow! I'm absolutely stunned. That's fantastic for you, and I'm really pleased, but this must be a first for us A/NZ cruisers. Usually it's just bad luck for us. This is a red letter day! :D:D:D Well Done!

I'm absolutely stunned too, I'm a very happy cruiser, without even having stepped foot on the actual boat!

The only early saver program I could find was US based, nothing in Australia.

As others have suggested, I'm guessing they haven't done as well as they thought, hence the dramatic price dropping.

Still, until I see the refund cheque, I still don't quite believe it's true.

and one of the Holland America higher up a few months again said the growing amount of cruise ships sailing from Australia would not affect the price. Well he was wrong.

Doubt he was wrong, but they have to say what they have to say. If he was to say it's going to affect pricing it becomes self-fulfilling as people hold off buying 'cause they wait for the price to fall. And then because people stop buying the price will fall.

Have you ever heard a real estate agent say, No, don't buy now, wait til later to buy as prices will fall... :D

they are refunding!

I will have to get in touch with my travel agent and see if I can get a refund to:D

It appears no-one at carnival can tell me where my refund is. I'm ringing daily and there is no record of my over-payment at their end... There is at my end though (bank receipts). I'm feeling very anxious and sick of not getting a answer. Sick of having to tell the same story over and over again and sick of calling them!

If someone said," yep, I can see you overpaid and there is a $918 credit on your account" I would be okay, but they keep telling me there is no record of an overpayment, only a record of my final payment ( which was $912 more than what the price of the cabin came down too).

Anyway. I'll call again on monday ...and Tuesday.. And the rest of the week.

Is the early saver option for P&O Australia or UK? I have done a quick search and could only fine one for UK.

Would be interested in more information. Thanks

Ask your travel Agent- I am only stating what mine told me about 10 days ago- he said it will be happening with P&O Australia and Carnival Australia.

We got an OBC of $1000 on our Carnival Spirit cruise from Honolulu to Sydney but we took the early saver option right from the outset when we first booked.

Hi, I see you are from NZ, so am I, we just bought our tickets about 2 weeks ago and I asked the Travel Agent about getting a a bonus cruise credit and he said that there was none, Do you mind if I ask how you got one, we bought a package that includes 4 days in Hawaii including airfares to there and back to NZ from Sydney. Are we missing out on something we should be given. Thanks GoGG :rolleyes:

Hi, I see you are from NZ, so am I, we just bought our tickets about 2 weeks ago and I asked the Travel Agent about getting a a bonus cruise credit and he said that there was none, Do you mind if I ask how you got one, we bought a package that includes 4 days in Hawaii including airfares to there and back to NZ from Sydney. Are we missing out on something we should be given. Thanks GoGG :rolleyes:

You buy them on the carnival or P&O ship you are sailing on for s future cruise.

You have 4 years to use them. We bought one on Pacific Sun last year as well.

Does anyone know anything about the carnival australia and their early saver policy or if indeed one even exists.

I just did a mock booking for the cruise i am going on in october and there is an $800 price difference between when we booked in feb and the fares on offer today. This is taking into account the $100 less on board credit that is available now.

I am feeling a little ripped off for being so organised and planned. $800 is a lot of money (that's for two people in an interior room).

Is it a case of too bad, so sad and I have to just deal with.. it's certainly going to put a damper on things if that is the case, I have scrimped and saved (as most of us probably have!) for this cruise holiday.

thanks for your help

HI

Enjoy your cruise,that is in everything we buy ,there is always specials .but I am sure you pick your cabin where you want to be .Have fun,and a great hoiday.:p:p:p

• 4 weeks later...

Archived