Military/Retired Military OBC (was: Question For Peter Shanks)

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Shanks

The military OBC was a tremendous benefit to those eligible passengers who were aware of it. The fact that it was not publicized very well is not a reason to cancel it. I'm a Diamond member and used it extensively until it disappeared. (I suggest that you do a search on Cruise Critic and read the comments about it's stealth disappearance).

Your sister cruise line, Princess, still has it. I'm Platinum on Princess and whenever I access their site using my ID and password the Military OBC appears automatically on every booking inquiry I make.

[quote name='welshgirl001']I absolutely agree it would be greatly appreciated if it were reinstated.

:d[/QUOTE]

I am sure that it would, but it needs to be thought out clearly. It is illogical to give this to the military of just one or two countries. Cunard markets world wide so all countries military should be included or none.

I believe that this consesion should be dropped. Offer a number of free voyages on a selected cruise to the families of those who have suffered in recent conflicts instead.

David.

I have only just heard of it, and we have completed several cruises. I think it would be a fantastic benefit, and certainly more people in the Australian Military would use it if we knew about it.
One little bit of advertising (especially along the Australian East coast) would go a long way!

[quote name='balf']I believe that this consesion should be dropped. Offer a number of free voyages on a selected cruise to the families of those who have suffered in recent conflicts instead.

David.[/quote]An interesting view but could it be said that this generation of our military is better looked after than those that served many years ago and are still just as injured?

• 1 month later...
[quote name='balf']

I believe that this consesion should be dropped. Offer a number of free voyages on a selected cruise to the families of those who have suffered in recent conflicts instead.

David.[/QUOTE]

I cannot think of a way to politely answer this so will just decline to do so.

Peter,
This was a very much appreciated benefit by 'all' veterans from both sides of the pond. (Can not speak for the Aussies)
My personal situation, myself,DW, old shipmate and his DW are all sailing on the TA May 3rd.
We are both ex RN. We both applied, he received it I was denied.
Reason given, I had booked from the US having emigrated here after retirement from the RN.
The US now not participating.
All the same, I will be helping him spend his benefit in one of the bars :)

Myself, I think you should reinstate it for the US bookings.
One of the reasons I shop at HomeDepot over Lowes. (American DIY stores) Home depot offers a 10% discount, Lowes does not.

• 4 months later...
I have also completed several Cunard and Princess cruses and never knew about this benefit; however I have recently emailed Carnival to ask if P&O operated this benefit, and this is the reply that I received.
[FONT="]Thank you for your email.[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]P&O Cruises is not included in our Military Benefit scheme. However, Cunard Line is. For future reference, I have attached the terms and conditions below:[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][B][FONT="]Military Personnel Benefits[/FONT][/B][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]We are pleased to offer a special Military Personnel onboard credit program for Cunard Line and Princess Cruises bookings. This program is available to serving military, retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification as outlined below. [/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]The benefit will be an onboard spend and the latest this benefit can be applied will be 7 days before departure. [I]Please note that it will not be possible to apply the Military benefit once the passengers are onboard the ship. [/I]The benefit is applicable to serving military, retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification.[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]

[LIST]
[*][FONT="]Serving personnel currently serving in the following service divisions: [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[*][FONT="]British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves with a copy of your official military ID card.[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT]
[*][FONT="]Retired Military personnel must provide appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD(there is a specific document retired personnel can obtain from the MOD for this purpose).[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[/LIST]
[B][FONT="]Required Identification[/FONT][/B][FONT="] [/FONT]

[LIST]
[LIST]
[*][FONT="]Serving Personnel: Copy of your official military ID card.[/FONT][FONT="] [/FONT]
[*][FONT="]Retired Personnel: appropriate proof of service issued by the MOD[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[B][FONT="]Onboard Credit Amount Per Cabin[/FONT][/B][FONT="] [/FONT]
[B][FONT="]Cruise Length[/FONT][/B][FONT="][/FONT]
[B][FONT="]Amount[/FONT][/B][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]6 Days or Less [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]$50 per cabin [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]7 - 13 Days [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]$100 per cabin [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]14 Days or Longer [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]$250 per cabin [/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[I][FONT="]*Please note if you have a booking with the following promotions you will not be entitled to the benefits as they are not combinable:[/FONT][/I][FONT="]
[/FONT][I][FONT="]A**/D**/Y**/N**/R**[/FONT][/I][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]Please email a copy of your identification with a covering note including your name, booking reference, ship, cruise number and date of travel to:[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][FONT="]militarybenefits@carnivalukgroup.com[/FONT]

Archived